Audi S3 Sportback Black Edition

Mel

RMS Regular
OP
Mel
Drives
S3
So today @CharlySkunkWeed kindly de-tarred it and cleaned the engine bay which looked like it had never been touched.

20191026_153631.jpg

20191026_160706.jpg

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
HTD! I’ve loved every bit of my S3 SB, I’m sure you have many fun trips in it. I might have just cut a deal though to put an R at the beginning :eyes:
Did you trade yours in?

Mel

RMS Regular
OP
Mel
Drives
S3
HTD! I’ve loved every bit of my S3 SB, I’m sure you have many fun trips in it. I might have just cut a deal though to put an R at the beginning :eyes:

If Adam and I eventually share a car between us we will likely to the same, in the mean time I'm more than happy with the S3.

Mel

RMS Regular
OP
Mel
Drives
S3
Just seeing this. Lovely motor. And some upgrade from the Adam I'd say!
Enjoy

Yeah it sure is and is continuing to put a smile on my face every time I turn the key, I'll not set any land speed records in it just yet, am taking it easy until I get used to the extra power.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I honestly do not know if paying an extra £10k or so above the s3 is worth it for the rs3 .the s3 is a very good car to start with and a £600 map makes it ever bit as quick as the rs3.
I've been down the same thought process and came to the same conclusion. In summary the RS3 is no faster than my mapped S3, sounds a little better, looks a little better but costs another 10k, is 6mpg worse and parts are all subject to RS tax. So......... Nah

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
no keyless entry/start?
No , and as much as i hate our keyless entry and push start . . . . .I miss it when i get into the Audi. I keep having to sit for a few seconds fumbling about for the keys as I've left them in my jeans pocket. It also has wee dimples on the door handles which is a bit of a false hope of putting your thumb on to open the door.

Mel

RMS Regular
OP
Mel
Drives
S3
20191222_152327.jpg
20191222_152307.jpg

Not much to update other than @CharlySkunkWeed removed the rear plastic number plate holder which I think looks far better and he also fitted a set of genuine Audi mud flaps in the hope it wouldn't kick up as much dirt.

I'm still really enjoying driving it and plan in the New Year to get it detailed and the wheels re-furbed as the previous owner had marked them, I also need to arrange to get a stone chip repaired on the windscreen, only noticed it today while I was giving it a clean.

Mel

RMS Regular
OP
Mel
Drives
S3
Quick update, still enjoying the S3, my insurance was up last month and my renewal quote came in over £800, after some shopping around I got it down to £549.

Adam gave it a coat of wax this week and it went for its 3 year service. Still need to arrange to get the wheels re-furbed but now there is talk about changing them to something bigger so will see.

Not sure why but it won't let me add a pic.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Really lovely looking car that! Seems to be an immaculate example too, I love to see a car well cared for, My first and only dealings with Audi was when my father bought a new one 5 years back, a5 sportsback, have to say I was very impressed with the quality in in, so was he......he still has it.

healh to enjoy it and stay safe :grinning:

• Love
Reactions: Mel

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Did you change your wheels or anything yet Mel.?
I think that's my department :laughing: @Mel likes the wheels on it (as do I, but I wish they were bigger) but one needs a refurb which means they'll all need done. They're genuine and have quattro embossed on them which I haven't seen anywhere I've looked. If a refub is on the cards I'd personally be getting them a different colour though its only one diamond cut lip has slight kerb rash. I'd fit spacers for sure aswell. But the dirt that flicks up the side is already pretty bad and that's with wheels tucked in and front flaps never mind spaced out a bit.
I've been keeping an eye out for bigger wider wheels but I'm not sure what fitment is good, its hard to find genuine ones, and ultimately if Mel likes the ones on there it's a waste buying more wheels (says the one:monkey:)
In my opinion, it's the only thing I'd do with the car if it was mine. Think it looks great as it is otherwise.
Took this sitting at my bros house last weekend, car wasn't even clean (well it never dirty with Mel cleaning it every 5mins) but thought it looked great.
IMG_20200728_180812_524.jpg

Mel

RMS Regular
OP
Mel
Drives
S3
Finally got a set of wheels for the winter from @Jas Lad and then 4 all weather Hankooks from @RubberLover. Need to get my pal @Rocko to do some magic with photo shop before I decide what colour to get my original wheels painted, car hasn't been washed in 6 days btw but pleased with how they look :cool:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201031-161907_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20201031-161907_WhatsApp.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 103

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Ahhhh, sorry Adam I thought @Mel was getting the winters refurbished 👍🏻 Not sure what couloir my S Line winters are @polishingalloys did them so maybe Michael can confirm what colour they are
I already "refurbished" the winters today. Buffed of the corroded diamond cut lacquer. They weren't too bad for the most part but only takes one bad bit to make the whole wheel look crap.
Thought with being winter wheels they'll get wreaked anyway so once they come back off I'll buff them again. The hard part is done now the lacquer is off, just a quick go with the drill attachment and they'll be sweet again.
20201028_190147.jpg
20201028_190351.jpg
20201031_143650.jpg
20201028_191638.jpg
20201031_131931.jpg

Attachments

• 20201031_123915.jpg
    20201031_123915.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 41