Audi S6 Avant 4.2 V8

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
For a Fermanagh man, he almost speaks sense.

But then, he forgets he's talking to a Scottish man, and unnecessary expenditure could cause a mild heart attack in your home land... :p
I'm pretty sure it's just our diet that causes those.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
image.jpg

I love it when parts are at home when you get back from work.

Before a quick clean and rejuvenation my new to me, rare RS6 suede wheel.

image.jpg

And after.

image.jpg

Just need to get fitted and try out my flaps...... And recode the gearbox to let me Change gear in "Drive" and Tiptronic mode.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Balls, for some reason the airbag is slightly different. This is now going to be a pain.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
@Ben P why like that comment haha. Just means I'll be calling all the breakers in NI tomorrow trying to find an airbag that fits. Ffs

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
I liked it as it's part of what 'we' put ourselves through.
Trial and error.
Forever straining to create the illusive ''I'm happy with that vehicle, vehicle''
With mods that we believe we need, it will make the car and the world will be a better place lol

Usually in my journey of improvement I **** something else up :p

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Trial and error.
Forever straining to create the illusive ''I'm happy with that vehicle, vehicle''
With mods that we believe we need, it will make the car and the world will be a better place lol
Sh*t just got deep

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Trial and error.

Usually in my journey of improvement I **** something else up :p
Cars are a pain in the hole. Wheel looked well mind you when it was fitted. Just makes it harder as I've no idea what the part number would be.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Some Audi buff may be able to help, perhaps check a parts diagram for you?

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Done a bit of digging , a b6 a4 or mk1 tt three spoke airbag should fit as well. Found one for £30 up near nuts corner but will see there's any closer to home and just take the wheel with me.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Right, managed to source Airbag from A4, thought happy days it fits the wheel, go to plug it in.....

FAAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKK connectors are slightly different so have now ordered right connector and rocker cover gasket as one of the banks of cyclinders is seeping slightly.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Just think it will be worth all the pain you go through now for the next owner to probably not notice everything you've achieved... lmao

Good effort though, I like adding and changing subtle things that just make a personal difference to me in a car

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Next job was rocker cover gasket as one bank was seeping slightly,so on way home today, picked up the one I ordered from tps. Got home and made a start, had a look thinking this won't take long..... It's not to do bar the fact that 3 of the star bolts are in a proper awkward place and had to improvise with my tools to get them off. Eventually got it off and had a good look round the engine which was pretty clean, so took the rocker cover and gave it a good clean, didn't get an after picture as time was short as baby sitting duties were required got most of it back to get, just have to do up all the awkward bolts and put coil packs back in, which I'll do later when wee one is in bed. If anything the Audi is highlighting I need more tools....

Just waiting for this airbag cable so I can get the Steering wheel tigers and it'll finally be back on the road.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
What'd you use on your steering wheel? I've a red suede one that's seen better days.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
I'm looking at getting the RS6 upper and lower grills to try and freshen up the front end. I'm not too sure though.

Rs6 grills
image.jpg

My current grills.
image.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.