Audi S6 Avant 4.2 V8

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
The s6s seem to go for good amount of miles seen them with 200k miles, so mines only just run in. Sure you can have a spin in mine if they don't remove my leg next week.
If they do remove you're leg I will gladly chauffeur you about in v8 style ;)
(hope its nothing serious btw lol)

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
So after trying and failing to find a way to release some V8 induction roar I bought a Ramair cone filter and bodged it straight onto the manifold housing, I knew it was a temporary measure as the vast heat where it was would probably cause heat soak, so managed to get some 90mm silicon hosing and relocated the cone where the original box was and used the original air ducting to feed the cone and just generally tidy the bay up, will probably get some more ducting to feed the cone.

Got the blue piping to go with my coolant and washer fluid caps. :p

Before.
image.jpeg

After.
image.jpeg

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Blue was cheaper. Christ you'll be telling me to get black coolant and washer caps next. It's an Audi, probably the most boring looking cars on the planet, maybe a bit of blue piping would brighten up their dour existence.

Here you might as well go full scene and get a set of Metro plates, and hang flowers from the wing mirror

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Car is awesome, blue hose is gash looking :worried:
Project v8 induction roar is no more! Well after a good few hundred miles of barrrrrpppp v8 noise, the Maf decided it had had enough so put the airbox all back to standard and ordered a new Bosch MAF. Is a strange one as when the Maf fails it sends error signals to abs and esp knocking them off. Got the Maf fitted tonight after harassing dhl several times today and cleared all the faults with vagcom and now the car is back to normal and running far better.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
FYI you can get silicone tape and wrap the hose black. dont recall it being too dear.
It's off now pabs didn't want to risk karking the new Maf, from what I've read online if that was the original Maf I was doing well.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Project v8 induction roar is no more! Well after a good few hundred miles of barrrrrpppp v8 noise, the Maf decided it had had enough so put the airbox all back to standard and ordered a new Bosch MAF. Is a strange one as when the Maf fails it sends error signals to abs and esp knocking them off. Got the Maf fitted tonight after harassing dhl several times today and cleared all the faults with vagcom and now the car is back to normal and running far better.

Did you at least get a video of the v8 noise before removing the air filter?

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Did you at least get a video of the v8 noise before removing the air filter?
Only just seeing this now, no I didn't but to be fair the exhaust noise would drown it out, when I get a chance as a reward for the car passing it's mot again, I'm going for a bit of adjustment to the stainless system ;) .

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Only just seeing this now, no I didn't but to be fair the exhaust noise would drown it out, when I get a chance as a reward for the car passing it's mot again, I'm going for a bit of adjustment to the stainless system ;) .
Less meows in the pipe next?

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Will do, trying to get the time to get it done is the main problem. Is your mate still at Dee's?
As far as I know yeah! Might need a wee chat with him myself so give me a text when you have time and I will fire him a message to get you booked in or a quote or whatever!

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Yeah, there is a bit of the exhaust is a messy shape and rattles against the body sometimes and the tips on the exhaust are covered in melted plastic from when I first bought the car and the exhaust fell apart so I have always fancied getting it fixed up properly but I am sure it would be £150+ so I would have to get it made louder too while i'm at it to justify it ;-)

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Yeah, there is a bit of the exhaust is a messy shape and rattles against the body sometimes and the tips on the exhaust are covered in melted plastic from when I first bought the car and the exhaust fell apart so I have always fancied getting it fixed up properly but I am sure it would be £150+ so I would have to get it made louder too while i'm at it to justify it ;-)
I'm going to try and get down to Dee's on Friday afternoon, bad timing though with the good wife having decided to get joiners,plasterers and painters In over the next few weeks to sort bits in the house. Wish I could just decide to get a V10.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.