B5 Audi A4 TDI

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Nice Blackie.

My blue bora was 90bhp model, end up 150 and very fast for what it started life as.

Moded 110 injector nozzles, remap and filter and hope the clutch is good 😄
67B1CDCE-4FA2-4B3B-8BF5-5D447689E3DF.jpeg
410B7D7E-2A90-4C7C-B0A9-FDCCEF62D290.jpeg
CCE2E144-C272-4B77-99CA-39C88C5AA093.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Whilst cleaning the car I took a quick look at the central locking pump. It sits in the drivers side rear boot pocket and is encased in a foam insulation “box”.

There’s a grommet missing from the floor and the foam box is absolutely soaking so I think I’ve found the root cause of the problem.

Tomorrow I aim to get the pump out and stripped to see if it’s salvageable or not. I suspect not.

On another note, anyone here have Vag Com?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Whilst cleaning the car I took a quick look at the central locking pump. It sits in the drivers side rear boot pocket and is encased in a foam insulation “box”.

There’s a grommet missing from the floor and the foam box is absolutely soaking so I think I’ve found the root cause of the problem.

Tomorrow I aim to get the pump out and stripped to see if it’s salvageable or not. I suspect not.

On another note, anyone here have Vag Com?

My MK2 has a wee pump like that. Dead easy sorted!

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
My MK2 has a wee pump like that. Dead easy sorted!
Yea they’re plug and play so long as you get the right part number? This one has been replaced before which I why I was wanting Vag Com to see if it’s been the correct one before I splash out on another. That and stripping mine to see if it’s the impeller that’s gone or what I rather suspect is the pcb to be goosed.
@carmodgeddon had Vagcom 🤷🏼‍♂️ Iv a passat estate here if the central locking things suits mate
Sweet, Is it two outlets or one? Mine has two. Or I could call round some time that suits you Fred?

Last edited:

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Yea thinking Black callipers myself. And also thinking Nighteyes as opposed to HID, definitely want tints and I’m trying to get the hold of @purplea4T about his RS4’s.
Just an option - gold hammerite brightens them but gives that OEM factory look

Also, ive just changed to Nighteyes from HIDS in my motor, TBH i think i prefer the HIDS for light/vision. Just my opinion

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
Just an option - gold hammerite brightens them but gives that OEM factory look

Also, ive just changed to Nighteyes from HIDS in my motor, TBH i think i prefer the HIDS for light/vision. Just my opinion
i done mine gold on my volvo and it brightens it up without being too lairy

i agree about the nighteyes, i went back to osram nightbreakers as i didnt light the light output from the nighteyes

EDIT - the colour from the nighteyes was a lot nicer (white) but the quality wasnt as good as the nightbreakers. Proper HID set up would be the way forward

DJMCA

RMS Regular
I need to do something because the current light output is shocking! Lol.
Give the headlights a good clean and a slimline HID set from ebay will set you back about 30 quid or so. Mine lasted about 7 years lol

Nighteyes are grand for main beam as they are instant if you flash or are on/off meeting traffic at night, HIDS take a while to warm up so no use for that

Youll need to change both out back to bulbs for MOT though as no beam pattern, headlight wash etc

EDIT - mine are projector lights for dipped so give the beam pattern anyway