B5 Audi A4 TDI

Paul.

RMS Regular
Was this in Coleraine earlier? Had an A4 the exact same colour pass me at one of the roundabouts and now Iā€™m wondering.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Was this in Coleraine earlier? Had an A4 the exact same colour pass me at one of the roundabouts and now Iā€™m wondering.
Not guilty your honour. I was at The Royal most of the morning into early afternoon and have been at home (Glengrimley) ever since.

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Great motor those. My uncle ran a B5 avant 90 tdi for many years.

Health to drive. šŸ‘

Paul.

RMS Regular
Not guilty your honour. I was at The Royal most of the morning into early afternoon and have been at home (Glengrimley) ever since.
Thank God for that for I was suffering third degree gurns with Clubland classics on. šŸ˜‚

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
B5 facelift being broken here but donā€™t have the engine / exhaust components mine is the 2.4
Any chance it has a leather interior? Lol or an armrest? Or the centre console cup holders?
@Blackie i know a fella in Antrim breaking a b5 Passat if its any good. Hes a hybrid turbo etc
In the words of threat song in Greaseā€¦. ā€œTell me more, tell me moreā€¦..ā€

Avant1

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Black leather no armrest though
Cup holders are an American thing in the B5ā€™s pretty rare
Ps the Passat doesnā€™t share platforms the Passat is longer

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Any chance it has a leather interior? Lol or an armrest? Or the centre console cup holders?

In the words of threat song in Greaseā€¦. ā€œTell me more, tell me moreā€¦..ā€
Just checked with him there, it is a PD... Sorry

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Black leather no armrest though
Ps the Passat doesnā€™t share platforms the Passat is longer
Did they not share platforms up to the b5. Pretty sure it was the b6 they stopped sharing.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE

Mine has these in it. But they appear to be missing something?

1DC323AB-EF8C-4D3B-988F-6D933ADA91A9.jpeg

But I miss having an armrest lol

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
It's always a good sign when the ash tray is full of fuses :laughing:
Oh I put them there. The box I normally keep them in bust lol. I always carry spare fuses in every car I get! Better to be looking at them than looking for them!
A welded diff perhaps?

Speaking of missing something, what about that seatbelt?
The black plastic cover? I have it refitted there about 20mins ago.

Last edited:

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Armrests and leather seats are just gonna weigh this baby down!. You need to be removing stuff to make the most out of that 90bhp!
Well Iā€™ll be removing the exhaust soon (as soon as the new one is delivered). F**k me itā€™s the most rash bit of work Iā€™ve ever come across in my life!

Not the work of the guy I swapped it from, I want to make that clear, but at least one owner previous to him based on an old advert I found on Fakebook.

A hodgepodge of what appear to be previous exhaust pipes all welded together (some pieces still with hangers on them) and instead of using the factory mounts on the floorā€¦ā€¦.welded to the floor or to floor braces under the car and has two flexi sections in an attempt to deal with the movement by the engine.

Oh and not a single silencer in the system. Now to be fair itā€™s not as loud as youā€™d expect, but it certainly explains the banging from the floor when you start the engine.

Also, before I raised the car, the rear axle must have been sitting on the exhaust!

In my 26yrs of working at, and owning cars Iā€™ve never seen anything like it.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Well Iā€™ll be removing the exhaust soon (as soon as the new one is delivered). F**k me itā€™s the most rash bit of work Iā€™ve ever come across in my life!

Not the work of the guy I swapped it from, I want to make that clear, but at least one owner previous to him based on an old advert I found on Fakebook.

A hodgepodge of what appear to be previous exhaust pipes all welded together (some pieces still with hangers on them) and instead of using the factory mounts on the floorā€¦ā€¦.welded to the floor or to floor braces under the car and has two flexi sections in an attempt to deal with the movement by the engine.

Oh and not a single silencer in the system. Now to be fair itā€™s not as loud as youā€™d expect, but it certainly explains the banging from the floor when you start the engine.

Also, before I raised the car, the rear axle must have been sitting on the exhaust!

In my 26yrs of working at, and owning cars Iā€™ve never seen anything like it.
Dees exhausts special then ???? :joy: :joy:

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Pics, please we must see pics of the above mentioned abomination!
F**k that! Iā€™m not crawling underneath it again until the new system arrives. If I remember Iā€™ll take pics then lol
B5 SYSTEM
940501U.JPG

PASSAT SYSTEM
930693U.JPG
Yea thatā€™s what Iā€™d seen myself. Cat and front pipes are the same, the rest is different.