B5 Audi A4 TDI

KevM

RMS Regular
Give the headlights a good clean and a slimline HID set from ebay will set you back about 30 quid or so. Mine lasted about 7 years lol

Nighteyes are grand for main beam as they are instant if you flash or are on/off meeting traffic at night, HIDS take a while to warm up so no use for that

Youll need to change both out back to bulbs for MOT though as no beam pattern, headlight wash etc

EDIT - mine are projector lights for dipped so give the beam pattern anyway
I think Blackie has dipped projectors by the looks of it

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
What wheels is it you’re looking? You run the risk of it looking proper felt spec with the wrong ones tbh. Also wouldn’t do tints it looks much cleaner without them IMHO.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I think Blackie has dipped projectors by the looks of it
I do indeed sir
What wheels is it you’re looking? You run the risk of it looking proper felt spec with the wrong ones tbh. Also wouldn’t do tints it looks much cleaner without them IMHO.
I’m not actually looking wheels, but if I get a set of wheels cheap that I like, I’ll go for them. The ones on it are grand.

If I had the money then CH’s or TT fat fives.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I do indeed sir

I’m not actually looking wheels, but if I get a set of wheels cheap that I like, I’ll go for them. The ones on it are grand.

I thought you were asking about RS something wheels.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I thought you were asking about RS something wheels.
No, no. @purplea4T mentioned he had a set, I’ve asked him for more info, price and pics.

@KevM mentioned that he thinks it would look good on a set of the 9 spoke RS4’s

On another note, my Haynes manual arrived today and having leafed through it I’ve discovered that my interior lights not coming on when the doors are opened is also controlled by the central locking pump which as I mentioned before appears to be defunct

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Don’t bother touching the headlights and put the money towards a set of S4 Avus wheels or Fat Fives instead.
I do indeed sir

FYI, TT’s are 5x100 (Mk1) and yours is 5x112. If it’s the Fat Fives from the navy estate you are referring to, they are from an A8 and also 5x112.

Just in case you do something rash and buy TT wheels.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Hello sailor🤣
eef5890d995ba7162f2d6cdb5dbf9f5c.jpg

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Don’t bother touching the headlights and put the money towards a set of S4 Avus wheels or Fat Fives instead.

FYI, TT’s are 5x100 (Mk1) and yours is 5x112. If it’s the Fat Fives from the navy estate you are referring to, they are from an A8 and also 5x112.

This is the way! Plus aftermarket lights/DRLs etc on vehicles of this vintage always look ****ter than just putting a decent set of bulbs in them.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE

Ah ok, good to know! Thanks for that!
Dayum!!

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
This is the way! Plus aftermarket lights/DRLs etc on vehicles of this vintage always look ****ter than just putting a decent set of bulbs in them.
Add me to the agree with that list! LED light bars are also awful looking things, great for blinding other road users though!

Great looking base @Blackie I think I prefer this to the Omega personally. Have a big soft spot for B5s (or 5.5s or whatever) but never actually got to own one!

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I can see they share a front pipe, but yea middle silencer and back box appear to be different