B5 Audi A4 TDI

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
So the motor factors are a bust and so is Audi Heritage as they won’t ship to the UK thanks to Brexit! Second hand is my only option.

Oh Mr @Avant1 ……. Help! Lol
There is a member on here that lives in England and has offered to ship stuff over before due to this… I can’t for the life of me remember his user name.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
There is a member on here that lives in England and has offered to ship stuff over before due to this… I can’t for the life of me remember his user name.

Was it @mk2driver ?

If things are small enough to get sent by Royal Mail I’m happy to get them and send them on to negate companies who just downright refuse

Also happier for larger items if you guys organise the second courier - I’m WFH so pick ups shouldn’t be an issue

I’m based in Coventry

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Problem is that Audi Heritage is in ze fatherland and they’re not shipping to the UK.

Must try and see if the Passat shares something similar - EDIT - never mind, they use a completely different part. 😖

Last edited:

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Yea I’m gonna see if @Avant1 can see if he has one, though he has warned me it might be a week or two before he’s near his car, which is fine because the car can’t go anywhere at the minute as I’ve discovered that the tyre on this corner has a bald spot and one of the other tyres isn’t exactly legal either.

I have a deal in hand for replacement tyres & wheels and I’m waiting for the completion of it.

So for the next few weeks I’ll be driving the big Combo Life XL…

2806F5D1-CA2E-4958-8750-C6C45B16E360.jpeg

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Problem is that Audi Heritage is in ze fatherland and they’re not shipping to the UK.

Must try and see if the Passat shares something similar - EDIT - never mind, they use a completely different part. 😖
Get it posted to my house in Muff and il post it to you if you want as it’s in EU.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Maybe he has but is too ashamed to admit it :joy::p
No, no, that’s an old picture of the Combo from about 2yrs ago when I had the Vectra SRi lol. But I was recently offered one for this….. but I think I’m wise to have said no thanks lol

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
You mean easily broken 🤣
The one I had seemed to have quite the appetite for alternators, went through four of them in less than a year and a half. But aside from that it was a good car, if a little dull

Last edited:

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Can your local factors not get the bit you need?
Nope, though I only tried the Mac Autoparts Group and Traynors to be fair. But they said the same as TPS and Audi which is that the part is now obsolete.
Maybe he's trying to swap them a set of brake pads and a boot liner for a 3 series and they're confused.

Have you offered cash @Blackie?
I’ve offered cash, the old Danske notes, gold, children as slave labour and sexual favours, the answer was still the same, that the part has been dropped and is obsolete!
100% could get it when I worked in Fyfes just under a year ago as I got them for a cousin of mine for his blue b5
You 100% certain it was the same part as I have pictured in this thread? 99 was a changeover year and as such some models where fitted with a more conventional flexible rubber style top mount.