Belfast Motor Show 2014, Kings Hall

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
I guess I'll just go to bed when I get in from the night shift in the morning. I don't want my son to fall out with me for dragging him away from his Xbox to this... Will take him somewhere else instead.

Darren91

RMS Regular
image.jpg
image.jpg

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
I'm not at all surprised they have not responded to any posts or anything. At the end of the day the bills still have to be paid and the King's Hall is not cheap, far from it. That added to everything else and I'd imagine maths is taking up most of their time right now.

colin84

RMS Regular
Glad I didn't go now, seems like a bit of a scam to me.

Also who's paying for the police evo? A complete waste of money.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Glad I didn't go now, seems like a bit of a scam to me.

Also who's paying for the police evo? A complete waste of money.
Most of the kit was supplied FOC from local businesses and from serving officers own pockets/budget under spends that would be lost if not spent AFAIK. The car itself was in service and owned by the force for years. Think @brocks threw a link up on MLR about the whole project, it's a good read about its background

EDIT: link about the evo
http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?threadid=312357

Before PIC
attachment.php

Last edited:

Audi_TTS

RMS Regular
I know this industry quite well and said from day 1 there was something weird about this show. Clearly ticket sales were an issue early on hence the living social and groupon sales. It was billed as a car show yet all I seen was repeated reference to a Nobel and very little else. Sad that a great opportunity has been massively wasted and a lot of big companies that got involved will be red faced. I'd be amazed if the doors open tomorrow and actually was a little amazed they opened today as I'd told a pal not to buy tickets as I thought it would be pulled 11th hour.

I think Kerrie has banjoed her business with this one.

hippyross

RMS Regular
Do you think there I'll be refunds? Some of those people came a fair distance to a falsely advertised "motor show"
It's not even 10% of the show I used to as a kid , I remember my first boner when I saw my dream car th F40, I can still see it clear as day now I couldn't get over the size of the rear wheels. I doubt any kids will have any memories of that show in there 30s lol

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Doc I think we all seen the writing on the wall with this one but some of the comments that where made to those offering to try and help were frankly, unforgivable.

Audi_TTS

RMS Regular
Do you think there I'll be refunds? Some of those people came a fair distance to a falsely advertised "motor show"
It's not even 10% of the show I used to as a kid , I remember my first boner when I saw my dream car th F40, I can still see it clear as day now I couldn't get over the size of the rear wheels. I doubt any kids will have any memories of that show in there 30s lol

Nope! Read their website. If you ask me pretty much everything they said will be there was there. It's not false advertising or misleading. It was just pants. If you go see a crapy film at the cinema you can't get a refund lol

PhilGT_2008

RMS Regular
The oyster festival car run day is a better car show than this. I have been on twitter and their Facebook a good bit this evening. Had planned to take my son tomorrow, won't now. The comments make startling reading. The biggest issue is the negative impact this will have on any future attempt by anyone to have a car show. Quite a few are planning on heading down tomorrow to demand money back from yesterday.

Such a potenally good opportunity wasted. Generally our wee country is great a pulling off events, sadly not this time.

Audi_TTS

RMS Regular
Doc I think we all seen the writing on the wall with this one but some of the comments that where made to those offering to try and help were frankly, unforgivable.

Comments by the organisers or by the public?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.