BMW E36 M3

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

MILLER_102

RMS Regular
OP
MILLER_102
Drives
CBR1000rr
Dont think il ever sell it to be honest... need to sell the z3 and 330cd first

MILLER_102

RMS Regular
OP
MILLER_102
Drives
CBR1000rr
Iv got the chip for the m3 so should be fine :grinning: il put it on and get her to a rolling road for figures and video

Wayne D

RMS Regular
Drives
Family Wagon
I did mate, whats it like on?

I had no issues with int never noticed any flat spots either. The standard one is a tonne weight compared to it thought. lol

Mine has the 3.0 engine but 3.2 shell

I'm not sure if that will fit you car then, if yours is the 3.0 engine. The middle section is for an evo. The middle section is different from the 3.0 to the 3.2. Only change is the 3.2 has two locations for sensors, whereas the 3.0 only has one. Might need to check it out.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
Untitled-2.jpg

P1040449small.jpg

I'm just going to leave these here.....

MILLER_102

RMS Regular
OP
MILLER_102
Drives
CBR1000rr
So... got the M3 onto the lift to see what the story is and how all unfolds

Underside is in good condition and has been wax oiled to help preserve with very little rust and rot on the shell. Very happy with it

Current work completed this week;

Front disc cracked- Pair of front genuine BMW Discs and pads
Exhaust was cut off at manifold- New flanges on Manifold- Milltek decat x-pipe and centre with standard backbox and repair completed on the manifold
Front engine mounts leaking- New BMW engine mounts fitted- Had looked into uprated but heard mixed reports unless using the car for track use
No rear diffuser- New one supplied from JKC and fitted with new clips
Skirts lose in places - New skirt clips supplied from JKC and sorted
Door cards lose in places- New door card clips supplied from JKC and fitted
P/S top mount burst- New genuine top mounts fitted to front struts
Bulbs replaced and upgraded
New michelin tyres all round
Storm V1 6 speed weighted gearknob fitted
Fully serviced with all filters replaced

Thats hopefully it now and will get MOT Booked and the car through next week

Future plans:

Scorpion backbox
3.0 chip fitted
Paint correction and ceramic coating by @euge07
Full refurbishment of Sunflowers with silver centers and polished lips
CD Player fitted
Spoiler painted- slightly faded
Interior and leather treatment

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
The 3.0 engines love to rev, a mate had one in the mid 90's and I had a few scelps in it, unreal speeds attainable. I remember hitting the limiter in 5th soo quickly it was frankly scary when I was used to fairly normal stuff by comparison. He was living in Berlin and dating a girl in Copenhagen at the time and used to do a max speed run up to Rostock on the autobahn and get a ferry across to Denmark on a Friday night, as you do.. The M3 got stolen from the airport car park in copenhagen around a year later, never seen again.

MILLER_102

RMS Regular
OP
MILLER_102
Drives
CBR1000rr
yea they are a great car, Cant wait to the good weather to get it out to enjoy it

Starting to get to the stage I could get carried away and start a full restoration, but il take the summer out of it as it sits now and maybe be a winter project lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.