BMW E36 M3

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

MILLER_102

RMS Regular
OP
MILLER_102
Drives
CBR1000rr
Car now ready for MOT, slight oil leak to sort before I put her back on the road though..

Also wheel update:

17" e34 m5 throwing stars staggered set up

IMG_3081.PNG

Dropping them off tomorrow to get the full works... polished lips.. grey centres new bolts and badges

Keeping the sunflowers on her for a while... currently looking a spare rear throwing star 17x9j and a rear sunflower. Must be genuine if anyone knows of either as a single

I have a list as long as my arm for future work.. but will keep updating as I go along.

MILLER_102

RMS Regular
OP
MILLER_102
Drives
CBR1000rr
Few updates:

Skirt clips all replaced and tightened up
Door car clips all replaced
Headlight motor adjusters purchased and fitted as previous owner removed
Spark plugs all replaced with NGK's

Continentals fitted to sunflowers

IMG_3227.JPG

Upgraded the headunit to a new alpine one... cd, Bluetooth, links with phone all the extras... lol Pleased with it so far

IMG_3436.JPG

Replacement Center console to replace the butchered one that came in it and broken wires to gearknob joined to light it up

IMG_3283.JPG

IMG_3284.JPG

Horn wasn't working and airbag light on... all down to clock spring... replaced and all sorted

IMG_3404.JPG

Another quick fix for mot...

IMG_3390.JPG

IMG_3394.JPG

Didn't have any issues at mot with it thankfully

Usual MOT pic:

IMG_3434.JPG

Unfortunately failed on p/s ball joint but new wishbone ordered with JKC

Also ordered a few extras with Jkc: throttle cable, and return pipe for power steering don't like the look of the diy repair someone has done which was leaking.

IMG_3425.JPG

The fun continues next week.. stay tuned

MILLER_102

RMS Regular
OP
MILLER_102
Drives
CBR1000rr
New power steering return pipe for the rack fitted today

IMG_3534.JPG

IMG_3551.JPG

Also wishbone replaced as well as ball joint had excessive wear.

IMG_3543.JPG

And that's her ready for mot retest so should breeze through now

Just need to fit the new throttle cable when I get a chance next week. Don't really need it but took a notion to replace it

IMG_3540.JPG

MILLER_102

RMS Regular
OP
MILLER_102
Drives
CBR1000rr
Throwing stars think they are style 21 on a 36 = win
I'm a big fan of style style 66 on them too.
Your so lucky

Yea I reckon I have the best two wheels for the e36 now, I was going to get a set of ac splits or Hartge rims but think these are a winner for me for now

MILLER_102

RMS Regular
OP
MILLER_102
Drives
CBR1000rr
Thanks gents... love them on... bud also love the sunflowers... sending the sunflowers off for a full refurb soon too.

Anyone run the 3.2 coil packs on the 3.0 engine, mine has them and sometimes she runs smooth and other times she's hesitant when warm.

Need to get her on diagnostics to check

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.