BTCC 2017 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Was wondering about the silence as well, he is usually not the quiet type, lol :innocent:

Must be something very wrong inside the team, both he and the car are better than this...

Dan.86

RMS Regular
He's probably not talking to the media as he has finally nothing to complain about. RWD car, Sutton up front so no complaints about Honda. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets rid of Sutton half way through the season and takes his car.

Collard off like a scalded cat in race 2, amazing to watch! Oulton and Croft up next...BMW territory

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Wondered how long before he nicks Suttons car lol ,

Plato to swap cars with Subaru BTCC team-mate Sutton in test.

e7d858732a34f673ea007941cdcebc1e.jpg

Two-time British Touring Car champion Jason Plato will swap cars with team-mate Ash Sutton in a test next week, in an attempt to get to the root of early-season problems.

Plato has struggled since an accident in the second race of the year at Brands Hatch in early April.

He was fired into the pitwall after start-line contact and his Team BMR Subaru Levorg was heavily damaged, leaving the 95-time race winner with poor handling on his car.

A turbo-boost allowance increase at the last meeting at Oulton Park on May 21 meant all four of the Team BMR Subarus - Sutton, Plato, James Cole and Josh Price - were more competitive.

Sutton won the second of the day's three races and is sixth in the standings.

Plato is languishing in 20th in the table, scoring points in all three races at Oulton Park for the first time this season, albeit unable to break into the top 10.

Team BMR is scheduled to travel to Pembrey in South Wales next week so Plato can troubleshoot his own machine when comparing it to Sutton's.

"We need a day away with the two cars to work it out," Plato said.

"There's progress on my car at times but we're still trying to fathom what exactly is wrong with it.

"At the moment it still won't do what we want it to do.

"Mine is not responding in the same way as the other cars - we made changes on the other cars and got the same reaction from each, but made the same changes on my car and there was no reaction, so something's not working.

"Ash drove mine before the accident and said 'I want exactly what he's got!'"

6828adc0b262885a6724481e5d3a1c7b.jpg

Plato also said that the increase in turbo power had helped the Subarus perform at Oulton Park, but there was still a way to go to match the frontrunners.

"The organisers gave us increased boost on Saturday morning [at Oulton Park] and then increased it a little further on Sunday morning and it made a big difference," he said.

"Big thanks to [BTCC bosses] TOCA for measuring the on-track performance of our engines and giving us a little more power.

"We're still a little bit down on power but a lot closer than we were, and we're making progress.

"The car still can't quite do what a Honda and a BMW can do because it hasn't got the same power."

The next rounds of the BTCC are at Croft on June 10/11.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
More things achanging ....

Cook rejoins MG BTCC squad for rest of 2017

BTCC racer Josh Cook has rejoined the factory MG team for the rest of the year with immediate effect.
Triple Eight Racing, which runs the two MG6s in the series, announced on Monday that it had parted ways with Daniel Lloyd, who had driven in the first four meetings of the season alongside Aron Taylor-Smith.

Now Cook, who was a member of the factory MG operation last term alongside Ashley Sutton, has switched from the Maximum Motorsport team that he had driven so far in 2017 to return to Triple Eight.

He had taken a fourth place at Donington Park in the Maximum Ford Focus and is 12th in the standings. The 25-year-old from Bath will make his MG return at Croft this weekend.

Triple Eight Racing team principal Nico Ferrari said: “It’s a shame things didn’t work out with Dan [Lloyd] but now we’re in a great position to continue improving the MG6 and we can start to prove the capability of the car.

“Josh’s experience in the MG last year will be a huge boost for our engineering team. Josh was excellent last year, as is Aron this year so we’re now in a position to really capitalise on two brilliant drivers.”

Cook said: “Firstly I would like to thank all those at Maximum Motorsport for the opportunity at the start of the season and for all of their hard work.

"I wish them further success and now look forward to building on my 2016 season with MG in the MG6.”

Triple Eight Racing team manager Micky Sergeant added: “It is fantastic to have Josh back in the team. He is a great ambassador for Triple Eight, MG and the sport in general both on and off track.

"There was always unfinished business from my point of view and I relish the chance to work with him once again.”

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Watch Billy Monger get back up to speed in a simulator

If anyone was looking for some inspiration, Billy 'Billy Whizz' Monger is a prime candidate
  • It's been less than three months since Billy Monger suffered life-changing injuries in an accident during a Formula 4 race at Donington Park, but it seems 'Billy Whizz' has only sights on a fast future.

Despite losing his legs in a horrifying accident that rocked the motorsport world and prompted an outpouring of support and donations, Billy has shown inspirational resolve and attitude during his recovery, even returning to the F4-supporting British Touring Car Championship paddock at Oulton Park.

The 17 year-old is now taking his recovery up a notch again by joining Carlin Racing for a stint in its simulator, where – according to fellow F4 racer Jamie Caroline – he is adapting hand controls for the team.

As the tweet below says 'determination' and 'no limits' indeed!

Here's to seeing Billy back on track in near future…

Walked into the @CarlinRacing sim, and there's @BillyMonger putting in some purple sectors! Proper legend! #Determination #NoLimits #Guy pic.twitter.com/SAKKPjLyyK

— James Pull (@jamespullracing) June 7, 2017

Nothing will stop him.... @CarlinRacing adapting hand controls for @BillyMonger #ProperTeam#ProperPeople pic.twitter.com/7bE2clLGK5

— Sweet Caroline (@jamiecaroline7) June 7, 2017

Shaun

RMS Regular
Serious smash at Croft today during qualifying, Davenport went off then came back on leaving oil all over the track then 11 cars went off. Aaron Smith, Goff and Jeff Smith all had big impacts , Aaron Smith lost consciousness and all had to be cut out of their cars and air lifted to hospital :worried:
Hopefully all are ok.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Rain + oil + tarmac, never a good combination...

Hope everyone came out ok, cars can be repaired but much worse if people got injured.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Holy frig, hope everyone will be alright, and really hope everyone stayed belted in there cars and weren't trying to get out.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
The yellow focus' side is well in and another car had its doors ripped off.

Don't think I've ever seen as bad a pile up the modern years

Shaun

RMS Regular
Sad to hear there were some pretty serious injuries :worried: Hopefully Davenport and Smith pull through.

Aron Taylor-Smith (#40 MG Racing RCIB Insurance) suffered a fracture to his left leg and concussion. He was closely monitored in hospital and was released late last night.

Luke Davenport (#300 Team Shredded Wheat Racing with Duo) is currently in intensive care in an induced coma, and is in a serious but stable condition, with multiple chest injuries, lung damage, broken right leg, broken pelvis, broken right arm and concussion.

Jeff Smith (#55 Eurotech Racing) is in a serious but stable condition, with multiple chest injuries, extensive shoulder injuries and concussion.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Holy ****.

I was wondering was the focus left or right hand drive.
If right hand drive then that side took a huge hit.

Shaun

RMS Regular
Yeah in the video above you can see him sitting in the car not moving. Took some impact on that side. Didnt think it looked good from that.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
I had hoped he was going to go deep into the last hairpin which he did, had the tiniest mistake though or he could have got the win. Great race!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
They're always allowed to get away with it though, they always do it. Like it's a different rule book for them...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.