BTCC 2017 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dan

RMS Regular
Money no doubt, the amount Neal and Plato bring in to the sport through their status and subsequent manufacturers. I see Sutton is a bit of a chip of the old Plato block now that he has pace.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
Good to see Neal wailing off the track after trying to force his way through by bashing into gaps that weren't there.

Don't think I've ever been annoyed with anything Turkington has done on track until today. Sure I'll just try and overtake the identical car in front of me and scupper any chances of the team getting a win and guarantee a win for my main championship rival in the process. Absolute selfish beginner move all round from the guy who's supposed to be the best in the business.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Good to see Neal wailing off the track after trying to force his way through by bashing into gaps that weren't there.

Don't think I've ever been annoyed with anything Turkington has done on track until today. Sure I'll just try and overtake the identical car in front of me and scupper any chances of the team getting a win and guarantee a win for my main championship rival in the process. Absolute selfish beginner move all round from the guy who's supposed to be the best in the business.

Must try and get watching the races during the week.

Very unlike turkington to do something like that

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars

The bmw was never taking pole so fair play to colin for seeing if he could get 2nd

Dan

RMS Regular

He's the best in the business because of those kind of decisions. He wouldn't have taken the win, Collard sitting behind him in the Championship so why not go for P2 and close the gap on Sheddon for Knockhill. The only difference is he won't punt his teammate off unlike a Plato or Neal

Shaun

RMS Regular
Had every right to fight for 2nd, Collard was never getting 1st and Colin was faster and with a championship on the line he has to fight for every point.
Neal needs to just give up, man is a joke!

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
The bmw was never taking pole so fair play to colin for seeing if he could get 2nd
Pole? I'm talking about the third race where Collard was on the back bumper on Shedden and as soon as Turkington tried to pass him they fell 1.5 seconds back. And Turkington didn't pass him. He's good enough to know that if, when, Collard had pulled the trigger, he would have been able to follow him through on the inside, both of them holding Shedden wide and thus taking more points off him, and getting a WSR 1-2.

Refer to both Mercedes and Ferrari F1 teams for correct team-mate operating behaviour and result maximisation.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Pole? I'm talking about the third race where Collard was on the back bumper on Shedden and as soon as Turkington tried to pass him they fell 1.5 seconds back. And Turkington didn't pass him. He's good enough to know that if, when, Collard had pulled the trigger, he would have been able to follow him through on the inside, both of them holding Shedden wide and thus taking more points off him, and getting a WSR 1-2.

Refer to both Mercedes and Ferrari F1 teams for correct team-mate operating behaviour and result maximisation.

Collard had followed Sheddon for plenty of laps and was unable to get past him, it's not like the final lap was shaping up to be any different so I don't see your point? Colin coming second would have been enough to see him leading the championship and he looked to have the faster car at that time. He had deliberately stayed off the back of Collard in the previous laps in the hope Collard could get past and he too could benefit but it didn't happen.

Also just because it's an "identical" car doesn't mean they have the same pace - I assume you watched the second race where Colin did in fact pass Collard? Or the fact he qualified in 2nd with a heavier "identical" car?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO

Talk about an over reaction LMAO :joy::joy:
Just watched the race

I thought he took a big diving pass on collard and nearly put bothnof them off by the way you talked.

All he did was try to pass on the LAST lap to get more points as he's fighting for the championship, he was clearly faster and held back. He done absolutely nothing wrong

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Exactly, lol :joy:

If you want to stick to the F1 analogy, the team should have told Collard to pull over to maximise championship points. Yuasa/Honda would have done exactly that in the same situation. Or Neal would have punted his team mate off the track :joy:

Great weekend's racing! What a relief after the F1 snore fest in Hungary.

Just imagine a race series with three races in a weekend, flat out from start to finish, overtaking everywhere, with different winners in every race, and different drivers leading the championship throughout the weekend - not just whoever happens to have the best car at the start of the year wins at the end. How good would a series like that be :innocent:

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
After race2 and plato had his mini rant with lou at the drivers interview, it was very plain someone got inside his head and messed with him

Shaun

RMS Regular
They had problems all season and they sorted it on Saturday when they seen data from the Diff. Every reason to have a bit of a rant with the crap he has been getting on twitter etc

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, good to see them back up there. Strange it should take so long to find something like that, but hey, at least now they are on track.

Good solid results for Colin as well.

Knockhill is a strange track. Brilliant to drive, but rarely very exciting to watch, few places to overtake.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Feel sorry for Sheddan in this race and the driving standard from Cook isn't great

MagicRat

RMS Regular
Drives
JapScrap
Good to see another young talent from here winning races. Best weekend for Chris Smiley with two top ten finishes.

Have to disagree about Shedden, could never feel sorry for Crash Gordon, apart from his team mate he's the worst on the grid for pushing to pass.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.