Car Insurance increases

Bryan

RMS Regular
Halifax was cheapest for me this year. The only time I’ve experienced anywhere offering to pay monthly for no extra cost too.

Hailfax is coming in at £476. Good shout.

I was with them two years ago but changed last year as their price went up.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Been with admiral for the house and all my families cars for probably 8 years, way up on the house & 2 cars this year with no reasoning and very little movement, maybe £10.

Took them off the policy for renewal then tried adding them back on 1 day after renewal, the house was about £100 cheaper than renewal.

2 cars had to be insured elsewhere though, they were miles off and yet miles cheaper on other cars.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Halifax was cheapest for me this year. The only time I’ve experienced anywhere offering to pay monthly for no extra cost too.

They are looking £80 extra for me to pay monthly. I just went through the main Halifax website for a quote. Are you an existing customer?

Chris100

RMS Regular
I’m currently with Admiral, have been for years.

Not looking forward to the renewal next month.

Martyn

RMS Regular
I’m currently with Admiral, have been for years.

Not looking forward to the renewal next month.

Mine went from £1k to £2k for three cars with LV.

Admiral have managed to Quote £1.5k. Still up but better than LV.

Porsche went up from £270 to £500.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Looks like my house renewal quote from my existing insurer will be the best. So it’s a 55% increase and just suck it up buttercup.

Looking forward to the Taycan renewal in June 🤔🤔

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Did you read the reviews on 1st Central insurance? All I can say is hope you never need to use it.

I read that insurance for EV cars has seen the biggest increase.
Yeah I didn't read the reviews but have any insurance companies got good reviews, they're all nightmares in my experience. I had to use them as they where the cheapest about by £300. Didn't realise that they also don't cover me to drive other cars 3rd party & they won't let me add it on. I'm already hating it. Not that I need to use that very often, but it's nice to be able to jump into other cars when need be.

Finally got my Silvia insurance sorted though. From 250 last year to 298. Still with Sterling, they wouldn't renew my insurance then I got a quote from them online, so they matched it... 🤷‍♂️ 1 in every 20 people are helpful. Few quid of an increase I can live with it considering the 4 series almost doubled. I was starting to panic for a minute!

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Moved my A6 Allroad over from Direct Line to Admiral who I have various other policies with already - down from £498 last year to £419 this year. Very pleased as I was expecting it to go up considerably! :grinning: Got hit on the V70 former site slag that I keep around the place now as a spare/van though - £190 last year, £340 this year. : unamused:

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Moved my A6 Allroad over from Direct Line to Admiral who I have various other policies with already - down from £498 last year to £419 this year. Very pleased as I was expecting it to go up considerably! :grinning: Got hit on the V70 former site slag that I keep around the place now as a spare/van though - £190 last year, £340 this year. : unamused:
The blue V70?

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
The blue V70?

Nope, brown over Grey 😂

IMG_1228.jpeg

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
There we go lads, finally got the reason…apparently Northern Ireland is more rural compared to England and we all do more miles…what the absolute f*** 🤦‍♂️

IMG_0511.png

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Urban areas of course are famed for their lack of accidents and crime, mad how my premiums were always bigger when living in Belfast 🙄

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 M Sport
Fooking £534 up to £800, then down to £720 when i rang them.

Anyone with Tesco Insurance? they currently giving me best price

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
For anyone with a MINI, try their own insurance, they have been the cheapest for me for about 4 years. It is monthly payment only but that still worked out cheaper for me.