Cars you never knew existed

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
I suspect it'll be an SRT8 too, never seen a trackhawk near here nor for sale. Would be awesome if it was, but the SRT8's are noisy from stock. When I was in Texas i could hear them sailing passed me and I was in a challenger hemi with the valves wide open.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
I suspect it'll be an SRT8 too, never seen a trackhawk near here nor for sale. Would be awesome if it was, but the SRT8's are noisy from stock. When I was in Texas i could hear them sailing passed me and I was in a challenger hemi with the valves wide open.

Customer of mine has a trackhawk. He had it in our work this week. Unbelievable thing, the v8 grumble coupled with the supercharger whine as he took off was unreal. He also says he struggles to break into double figures mpg.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
Customer of mine has a trackhawk. He had it in our work this week. Unbelievable thing, the v8 grumble coupled with the supercharger whine as he took off was unreal. He also says he struggles to break into double figures mpg.

Unbelievable, they look like they can fairly move for the size and weight of them, then again a hellcat isn't exactly slow either.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Look familiar? @TheDaniel

9D0A6831-2065-4C42-90C9-E1DDCED6039B.jpeg

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Yes, the Alfa was called the Arna (Alfa Romeo Nissan Assoc. I think) Just imagine how epic that would have been if they did it the
right way round
What about the Izuzu Piazza, Japanese car Italian design (italdesign)

My mate says it was actually a rejected design of the mk2 scirocco
1598629582064.png
1598629582064.png

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
See there was a lowered Piazza Turbo at a goodwood breakfast meet recently. Saw a load of 'wtf is this car' posts on fb at the time.

The Arna is a car the alfisti would prefer to pretend never happened lol. A right few years back one turned up at an alfa show in England and more or less got told to foxtrot oscar. :joy:

The Alfa 33 which the boxer engine came from on the other hand is a lovely thing.
20200828_175813.jpg

Last edited:

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
most Piazzas where broke for there diff it bolts straight in to a manta and comes with a lsd as standard

Back in the 80s I used to regularly see an Isuzu Piazza Turbo in the car park in Church Street Warrenpont. Once I saw it parked beside a Renault Fuego Turbo, it was like some kind of disintegration race.

Gambit

RMS Regular
Merkur xr4Ti - came across this again yesterday (i was browsing why Cosworth used Sierra base shells and not the stiffer xr4 shells to build the original cosworth) - as for the Merkur basically Ford wanted the XR4 in america but had to rename it, they used a 2.3 turbo engine rather than the euro 2.8 v6. Wheel dealers actually done one in their last series

60957120-770-0at2x-1518808866.jpg

but more strangely Andy Rouse won the 1985 BTCC using a Merkur xr4Ti as his base platform before Cosworths appeared

1600773207671.png