Ceebl’s W204 C63 AMG Estate

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
D04A3E4B-14C0-4663-A683-2662058B360B.jpeg

Made a trip to our resident 99Ron provider tonight to see if it makes any noticeable difference to her. Doubt it but sure excuse for a detour!

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Not much of an update, new non 3D gel plates on and drove it to some places.
Got a years MOT on it now but it does need new front tyres… looks like that’s the body work and wheel refurb pushed out another month or two 🤷🏻‍♂️
90010A82-FD7D-4BF5-A74F-EF77ED18A8F3.jpeg

IMG_7375.jpeg

a20b52b4-b222-4c1c-b5aa-5fdd8aab559a.jpeg

IMG_6997.jpeg

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Power steering reservoir replaced as a precaution to prevent pump death.

Have sourced what I believe is a broken s class bonnet badge for £5 that I’m going to try and make fit the engine cover to replace the missing emblem. Might not look good but worth a try for a 5er when it arrives!

IMG_7521.jpeg IMG_7524.jpeg IMG_7523.jpeg IMG_7522.jpeg IMG_7527.jpeg IMG_7526.jpeg IMG_7525.jpeg IMG_7528.jpeg IMG_7529.jpeg IMG_7539.jpeg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Its such a drive - one I 100% need/want/must do again

Been 4 years since I last did it and you seem to have similar photo spots to me :joy:

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
How'd you find the Baelach Na Ba? Love that bit going up the twisties, heading to Applecross. Road between Ullapool and Kylesku is also another favourite of mine.
Happy you enjoyed it - and avoided the potholes ;)
We were pushed for time that day and it was mostly in the clouds so we only did as far as the viewing point at the summit and turned back again, didn’t get as far as apple cross. Was cool to see though but the road was quite busy.
Favourite spots was basically the whole section from Glasgow around Loch Lomond over glencoe and up to fortwilliam then fort Augustus. I could drive up and down that section forever.
The scale of the place and peace in Glencoe was breathtaking. I actually just sat for a while to take it all in.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Just remembered there I seen you prowling through Asda's carpark a couple of weeks back, that is one menacing sounding wagon!

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
We were pushed for time that day and it was mostly in the clouds so we only did as far as the viewing point at the summit and turned back again, didn’t get as far as apple cross. Was cool to see though but the road was quite busy.
Favourite spots was basically the whole section from Glasgow around Loch Lomond over glencoe and up to fortwilliam then fort Augustus. I could drive up and down that section forever.
The scale of the place and peace in Glencoe was breathtaking. I actually just sat for a while to take it all in.
Funny, the A82 between Dumbarton past Loch Lommond is one of my least fave roads lol.

Current Mrs Rigger wants to do NC500, just debating whether to take the 2.0 Audi A4 avant oil burner, or the 5.0 XJR Amber nectar drinker;)

No brainer really.

A4 due to the potholes 🤣

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Continuing the theme of doing bucket list things I completed the NC500 in this a few weeks ago, 1100 miles in 6 days. Was one hell of an adventure
Must do this sometime, either on a bike or in car. That Merc would be some car for it.

Would be good to do it in the Datsun if I can bring myself to drive it in the wet.

You got some great photos there.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Funny, the A82 between Dumbarton past Loch Lommond is one of my least fave roads lol.

Current Mrs Rigger wants to do NC500, just debating whether to take the 2.0 Audi A4 avant oil burner, or the 5.0 XJR Amber nectar drinker;)

No brainer really.

A4 due to the potholes 🤣
I thought the roads as a whole were better than ours… the single track roads across the north coast of the highlands were in better shape than most of our major B roads here…

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
I thought the roads as a whole were better than ours… the single track roads across the north coast of the highlands were in better shape than most of our major B roads here…
Funny how opinions differ lol. Coming back from Scotland last time cost me £1300+ for 4 new tyres!

West coast in General isn't bad, but the roads used to be really smooth and a real pleasure to drive on.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Funny how opinions differ lol. Coming back from Scotland last time cost me £1300+ for 4 new tyres!

West coast in General isn't bad, but the roads used to be really smooth and a real pleasure to drive on.
I went fully expecting all my wheels to be buckled coming back but I was pleasantly surprised!
Still adds fuel to my idea to get a cayenne next with air suspension for family adventures 😂

aaflyer79

RMS Regular

Preach it, baby. My wife’s from Scotland and I wince at the quality of the roads when we drive over there. Especially in my car!

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Preach it, baby. My wife’s from Scotland and I wince at the quality of the roads when we drive over there. Especially in my car!
I've had two cars damaged due to potholes, both in Scotland. Some here say the roads in NI are bad, maybe in some spots, but compared to Scotland, nah. Glaswegian on a Jag forum is thinking of moving elsewhere in the UK because the roads there are that bad.

Anyway, hijacking the thread - as long as @Ceebl enjoyed the NC500 without any harm, all the better for him.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
I've had two cars damaged due to potholes, both in Scotland. Some here say the roads in NI are bad, maybe in some spots, but compared to Scotland, nah. Glaswegian on a Jag forum is thinking of moving elsewhere in the UK because the roads there are that bad.

Anyway, hijacking the thread - as long as @Ceebl enjoyed the NC500 without any harm, all the better for him.
Clearly I’ve got lucky on my trip 😂

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Clearly I’ve got lucky on my trip 😂
Aye, you did lol. Might be that the SNP finally invested in some road repairs, but their alliance with the greens (tail wagging the dog) means there's some serious amount of neglect on Scottish roads

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
I’ve decided this will be for sale in 2024, probably stick it up around Easter time once I’ve had just a little bit more fun with it… so if anyone fancies one of these give me a shout!

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Bit of a theme with my cars at the minute…
C63 has eml on and isn’t running right. Secondary air injection valve is stuck open apparently… haven’t had a chance to lift the bonnet over Xmas so far but plan is to check the vacuum lines etc and see if I can split the valve and clean it out with brake cleaner. If not looks like it’s a Mercedes part as I can’t find any online… wish me luck

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
I’ve decided this will be for sale in 2024, probably stick it up around Easter time once I’ve had just a little bit more fun with it… so if anyone fancies one of these give me a shout!
Sure I’ll take it for a 4-6 month test drive. I’ll leave £10 as a deposit and return it fuelled up. Deal?!

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Bit of a theme with my cars at the minute…
C63 has eml on and isn’t running right. Secondary air injection valve is stuck open apparently… haven’t had a chance to lift the bonnet over Xmas so far but plan is to check the vacuum lines etc and see if I can split the valve and clean it out with brake cleaner. If not looks like it’s a Mercedes part as I can’t find any online… wish me luc
Had to fit a Valve to the SL and it's still shows a fault every now and again. All Vacuum Lines were checked at the time and none of them were split, so now I just clear the fault when it comes on and it stays off for about 2-3months. I think it's meant to shut off when the car reaches a certain temp.

Try clearing it and see what happens.