Cheap 7 Seat 4x4

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
After 4 years, the virtually free trooper is still running sweet with just basic oil changes and the odd wash and it gets dogs abuse

Wish I had of kept my mums old trooper ... it needed a bit of work and was dog rough but still lol

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Lol the Jimny has needed two king pin bearings, a gearbox mount and a couple of brake calipers in 6 years. It also takes a little bit of stick 8o|

Suppose I cant complain considering the X-trail cost me £500 to start with 8-(

Throw another 500 at it and it will still be a little low than what it could have cost if it wasnt needing anything ^o)

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Suppose I cant complain considering the X-trail cost me £500 to start with 8-(

Throw another 500 at it and it will still be a little low than what it could have cost if it wasnt needing anything ^o)

And it'll still need the turbo looking at?

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
December bump - how is everyone getting on with their cheap 4x4s?

Mine is looking at a £500 bill to get through MOT lol

And that doesnt even include stopping it from sounding like one of the seven dwarfs on their way to work...

Range rover is still going fairly well, slight intermittent starting issue but I've it narrowed down to either starter motor or transmission ecu.

Apart from that it's grand, still love driving round in it.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Surf is still alive too. Start up is hilarious, people actually stop and wait for the clouds to disperse.
Slight leak in the rad that kseal sorted and and a new pipe. Needs a wash.

Mines alive too. Don’t know how thought considering the mess of everything in the engine bay. Too many questionable repairs has me pulling the engine out of it tonight and fitting another completely standard engine to it so I have a been idea of where I stand with it.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
£30.05 of LPG was actually 40.12L and I got 90.7 miles. = 10.26MPG. I actually think I'm getting better than that out of the petrol.
And to think the X5 was sickening me at 22mpg.

Reactions: dub

johnm

RMS Regular
Mines alive too. Don’t know how thought considering the mess of everything in the engine bay. Too many questionable repairs has me pulling the engine out of it tonight and fitting another completely standard engine to it so I have a been idea of where I stand with it.

The 3.0 one you had or the other 2.4?
I'm guessing every time you looked at it you seen something else messed up lol.
Handy enough to swap?

J-VW

RMS Regular
I really rate this wee bargain basement rav4 I picked up last week. Never seen the attraction in these small 4x4s after having the disco 1 and p38. It's surprisingly nippy and not that hard to run being a 2.0 petrol. Pleasantly surprised with it.

Reversed it into a pole in Vic square car park last week at a brave rate and there's barely a Mark on it lol

20181209_145807.jpg

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I really rate this wee bargain basement rav4 I picked up last week. Never seen the attraction in these small 4x4s after having the disco 1 and p38. It's surprisingly nippy and not that hard to run being a 2.0 petrol. Pleasantly surprised with it.

Reversed it into a pole in Vic square car park last week at a brave rate and there's barely a Mark on it lol

View attachment 218543

@Alan_B loves them...

J-VW

RMS Regular
I agree they deffo aren't a looker lol @Nicky Any idea how these perform in the rough. No low box but a central diff lock

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Anyone in here know if timing chains give bother on the 2.2dci Xtrail?

Can't get a clear answer online if it was mainly the earlier 2.2di engine...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.