Deep Black Pearl Golf R

Robin_Hood

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender
S3 gets a huge thumbs up from me..
Have mine about 6/8 weeks now and it is fantastic. Can happily cruise around and then go into full on maniac mode very quickly.. it also reminds me of a mini Avant

I had the resonator taken out of mine which makes it sound much better

I was also tempted by an R but wanted a change away in Interior/looks from my previous MK7 GTD

IMG_4573.jpg

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
S3 gets a huge thumbs up from me..
Have mine about 6/8 weeks now and it is fantastic. Can happily cruise around and then go into full on maniac mode very quickly.. it also reminds me of a mini Avant

I had the resonator taken out of mine which makes it sound much better

I was also tempted by an R but wanted a change away in Interior/looks from my previous MK7 GTD

View attachment 186393

That looks fantastic (y) I’m thinking along the same lines that although the MKVII is a nice interior, I’d like a change of scenery. Might have to go to GB for one as there aren’t many for sale here.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Aw yes D!! That is fantastic! When do you collect?

It’s a mini Avant (y).

No panic to pick up as I need to sort the return of my own and the reg transfer. They’re holding it for me for a few weeks until I get the Golf sorted. Fantastic to deal with (y) I’d done a fair bit of market watching and was prepared to travel to GB for one but this is a real tidy car and the spec is pretty good.
Love the “Mini Avant” look of the Sportback. Nice colour too, Panther Black Crystal

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
MMI Plus too, good job!

Not sure what the full spec is as I don’t know much about the likes of MMI stuff :oops: I’ll get everything emailed on Monday as their copier was playing up this morning.
It does have heated SuperSport seats, Xenons with LED DRLs and cruise but no audio upgrade. Contis on the front but budgets on the rear that I’ll get changed as soon as I have a few quid.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Had a nosey, looks well spec’d Anyway. MMI Plus and the Supersports would be the top 2 extras for me.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Had a nosey, looks well spec’d Anyway. MMI Plus and the Supersports would be the top 2 extras for me.

There’s probably not much more I would’ve wanted apart from maybe B&O. Black Edition would be nice but I can always get the window trim and roof rails wrapped but that might be overkill?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I think an 8V is fresh enough that the chrome still looks sharp, especially against the black. On the older cars the BE bits always help to make them look a bit younger, but I don’t think yours need them.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Lovely. They always have some nice stock in. You should of picked up new wheels from CM when you were down

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I think an 8V is fresh enough that the chrome still looks sharp, especially against the black. On the older cars the BE bits always help to make them look a bit younger, but I don’t think yours need them.

Think you’re right, had a quick image search and I think I might prefer the chrome.

Lovely. They always have some nice stock in. You should of picked up new wheels from CM when you were down

They’ve a nice RS3 and an AMG45 (never got a good look round them though) in stock. Both guys I met this morning were really sound too. I’ll be sticking with the 18s as they’re pretty much mint and I think I prefer them to 19s - I may prove that statement to be false at a later date :p

Sportbacks are class!

They are, one of the few hatches I like in 4 door form. They had a nice 4 door Lapiz Blue Golf R in stock but I much prefer the Golf in a 3 door.

Lovely Dave, health to enjoy

Cheers Dave (y)

Reactions: Ben