Deep Black Pearl Golf R

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Perfect day for a wash, well worth the effort as the black is great cleaned up(y)

I nearly put it off until tomorrow but glad I did it. DBP looks fantastic when clean but I have to admit I actually thought it looked good when it was filthy :blush:

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Yea I get what you mean about looking good dirty, I think that for about a day then suddenly I can't sleep thinking about it:laughing:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Black looks superb when clean.

It’s going to be a very tough motor to replace, but I think you realise that now!

A stage 1 Golf R must be a hoot to drive.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Black looks superb when clean.

It’s going to be a very tough motor to replace, but I think you realise that now!

A stage 1 Golf R must be a hoot to drive.

I’m pretty much settled on another one or an S3. I’ve a JB4 in a box under the bed which should be good for at least another 50bhp on our sh1te fuel which would be close enough to stage one. The only dilemma I have now is whether to save myself a few grand and buy an 8P S3 instead and save a few grand. The wife reckons I’d be better spending the extra on the newer car than something 6 or 7 years old.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I’m pretty much settled on another one or an S3. I’ve a JB4 in a box under the bed which should be good for at least another 50bhp on our sh1te fuel which would be close enough to stage one. The only dilemma I have now is whether to save myself a few grand and buy an 8P S3 instead and save a few grand. The wife reckons I’d be better spending the extra on the newer car than something 6 or 7 years old.
I think I’d be inclined to agree with her. Especially with a more modern interior and if you get carplay or something similar to keep you occupied when off boost

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I think I’d be inclined to agree with her. Especially with a more modern interior and if you get carplay or something similar to keep you occupied when off boost

I think you’re right. I’ve the JB4 and spacers already and I’m used to the creature comforts I already have. Just need springs and a pedal box an I’ll have all the basic mods covered. To be honest I could up my budget but really would prefer not to have too much money tied up in a car.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I think you’re right. I’ve the JB4 and spacers already and I’m used to the creature comforts I already have. Just need springs and a pedal box an I’ll have all the basic mods covered. To be honest I could up my budget but really would prefer not to have too much money tied up in a car.
Pedal boxes are a load **** imo.
I had one on a Focus ST after being advised to get one, all they do is make a linear action throttle into a very sensitive throttle with small inputs, actually makes the car difficult to drive in traffic. Same as the power button on M3's, gimmick.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I had one on a Focus ST after being advised to get one, all they do is make a linear action throttle into a very sensitive throttle with small inputs, actually makes the car difficult to drive in traffic. Same as the power button on M3's, gimmick.

There’s quite a bit of adjustment on the DTUK Pedal Box Pro and they come very highly recommend on VWROC. I’ll try to pick up a used one and if I’m not happy wit( it I can always punt it on. There is a dead spot on the Golf R throttle which is a pain in the hole once you spend a bit of time in one.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Couldn't agree more, I had a pedal box on my R32 and it made it awful to drive. One small bump in the ground made my foot hit the pedal and car blip throttle. Hateful, each to their own though as I know a lot swear by it

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
There’s quite a bit of adjustment on the DTUK Pedal Box Pro and they come very highly recommend on VWROC. I’ll try to pick up a used one and if I’m not happy wit( it I can always punt it on. There is a dead spot on the Golf R throttle which is a pain in the hole once you spend a bit of time in one.

There is a mod on vagcom to change the throttle curve characteristics. I wouldn’t waste my money on a pedal box, they are rubbish.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
We were heading to the cinema yesterday and we were taking my nephew with us and he lives up beside Knockbracken. Thought I’d see how good this car was in the snow with winter tyres and decided to go via the back roads (haven’t the sense I was born with!). The Manse Road was pretty bad, there was a TT parked up at the side of the road. The Golf just breezed along at a steady pace with no drama at all, very impressed with this car and the Nokians.
I’ve been torturing myself as to what to do next. I’d thought I might go for a mapped 8P S3 but I’d miss some creature comforts like DAB and Bluetooth streaming - I could get a Tune2Air and AutoDAB (not keen on the windscreen aerial though) and add them to the RNS-E but I think I’d rather avoid the hassle. Plus the chassis and haldex are from a 15 year old platform and there’s a fair chance I’d end up spending a fair chunk of money on maintenance / wear & tear items as I have on my previous cars. The interior would be a bit of a backwards step too. I’ve missed futtering with a car though :blush:
At the minute I’m thinking S3 8V as I’d like a bit of a change visually and internally and I can fit my JB4 and spacers. I’m not usually a fan of 5 door hatches (although the Golf does look really well) but I do love estates so I’m swaying towards a Sportback (Black Edition if I can find one in budget) as I think it looks like a baby Avant. Having said that I’ll probably end up with a black 3 door Golf R!

Dave..

RMS Regular
We were heading to the cinema yesterday and we were taking my nephew with us and he lives up beside Knockbracken. Thought I’d see how good this car was in the snow with winter tyres and decided to go via the back roads (haven’t the sense I was born with!). The Manse Road was pretty bad, there was a TT parked up at the side of the road. The Golf just breezed along at a steady pace with no drama at all, very impressed with this car and the Nokians.
I’ve been torturing myself as to what to do next. I’d thought I might go for a mapped 8P S3 but I’d miss some creature comforts like DAB and Bluetooth streaming - I could get a Tune2Air and AutoDAB (not keen on the windscreen aerial though) and add them to the RNS-E but I think I’d rather avoid the hassle. Plus the chassis and haldex are from a 15 year old platform and there’s a fair chance I’d end up spending a fair chunk of money on maintenance / wear & tear items as I have on my previous cars. The interior would be a bit of a backwards step too. I’ve missed futtering with a car though :blush:
At the minute I’m thinking S3 8V as I’d like a bit of a change visually and internally and I can fit my JB4 and spacers. I’m not usually a fan of 5 door hatches (although the Golf does look really well) but I do love estates so I’m swaying towards a Sportback (Black Edition if I can find one in budget) as I think it looks like a baby Avant. Having said that I’ll probably end up with a black 3 door Golf R!
So you have no idea then :p?
The 3 door R would be my choice.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Personally I think the Golf looks better in 5 door, and there’s no question that a Sportback is better in the S3 too. Mini avant.

Been scanning google images for them this weekend and they really do look smart. I do think the S3 in both 3 door and 5 door looks better than the Golf. Don’t get me wrong I love the look of the Golf but the S3 just pips it aesthetically. Some reviewers say the Golf handles better but to be honest I don’t think I’m a good enough driver to even tell the difference

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
So after a bit of research it looks like a 2015 S3 is around £22k and a 2015 Golf R is around £2k cheaper (both depending on spec). Still can’t decide what to go for! I like the S3 in 3 door and in Sportback but if I were to go for another Golf it would have to be a 3 door. If I go for another Golf I think I’d like a white one

65047195-AB3F-48E1-93CB-D9A59D5DDD74.jpeg

I really like the look of Boydie’s S3

3B2F32BA-FF2D-4BE4-8941-BAD48E789899.jpeg

But the Sportback also looks great

E9AEEF4D-9FAA-4D27-9AC5-D2CFAB4578A0.jpeg

Not so particular about colour for an S3. I like black & white but also like these

2442ABEE-FF3A-42A7-8873-CF5DECAAF640.jpeg

Not sure what colour blue that is ^^^?

Think this is maybe Dolphin Grey?

0D1C49B8-B907-4D58-B59F-DAEC48C2FB2D.jpeg

Head is melted!

Dave..

RMS Regular
So after a bit of research it looks like a 2015 S3 is around £22k and a 2015 Golf R is around £2k cheaper (both depending on spec). Still can’t decide what to go for! I like the S3 in 3 door and in Sportback but if I were to go for another Golf it would have to be a 3 door. If I go for another Golf I think I’d like a white one

View attachment 186375

I really like the look of Boydie’s S3

View attachment 186376

But the Sportback also looks great

View attachment 186378

Not so particular about colour for an S3. I like black & white but also like these

View attachment 186379

Not sure what colour blue that is ^^^?

Think this is maybe Dolphin Grey?

View attachment 186380

Head is melted!
You have had an R go for the Audi, nice to have a change.