DI Vessels

Simon83

RMS Regular
I found this in the skip,at work and brought it home. Is this the same as a DI vessel set up inside?

43A0476F-2841-4658-A1DC-EFA6C647F94F.jpeg
052F4EDC-790E-493B-88F1-984B813D9D34.jpeg

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I am going to buy a DI vessel imminently. Can these be bought local (rather support local businesses) are buy the vessel online then refill locally?

davyk31

RMS Regular
I buy my resin from Sureclean in Omagh and pretty sure they also sell the vessels. Depends if they are open at the moment or not. Failing that go online and buy from the mainland.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I got a race glaze one from davey at procar - it’s an awesome job, can notice the difference immediately when final rinsing the car. Makes it so much easier with a large black car.

I still dry my cars after but just means you’re not rushing or stressing

davyk31

RMS Regular
Agree. I also dry the cars fully after rinsing but the filtered water lets you work away without drying stains even in bright sun.

J55NI

RMS Regular
My resin lasted about 3 months before it started spotting. Unsure if I will buy more if its only going to last 3 months at a time with very little use for a final rinse only.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I got a race glaze one from davey at procar - it’s an awesome job, can notice the difference immediately when final rinsing the car. Makes it so much easier with a large black car.

I still dry my cars after but just means you’re not rushing or stressing

What size etc did you get? Do you use it with your pwoer washer

Marc

RMS Moderator
My resin lasted about 3 months before it started spotting. Unsure if I will buy more if its only going to last 3 months at a time with very little use for a final rinse only.

Let me know if your selling the empty vessel. My brother is looking one for washing his house windows and I have 25L bag of resin in the house he could have a fill from.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
What size etc did you get? Do you use it with your pwoer washer

7L but I’d recommend a larger one but this was available at a decent price. However, should last me a year.

I personally use it through power washer on last rinse so only hook it up then.

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
I bought a refurbed one from this seller on eBay. It’s been perfect for years. Can’t remember the size though.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
How/Why would the vessel be 'refurbished'? At the cost of one of those vessels and resin from @j16jrf would be less than an equivalent new unit. Thanks for the info guys.

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
I think it was just their way of describing used! Possibly had new internals but I couldn’t tell!

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
When I bought my vessel from Vyair I did ask the question about using the vessel with the pressure washer and they where very much against it, saying that the flow rate of the pressure washer wouldn’t allow the resin to do its job properly. I just hook mine up to the garden hose for final rinse.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
my pressure washer can be turned right down to a light spray and I normally use it for the final rinse.

I got mine from @j16jrf and it’s been faultless for years now

My Karcher is the same but, by my reckoning it took longer to rinse one wheel at the lower setting than it did at the higher one if that makes sense.. so which is worse, 5 seconds at the higher rate or 10 seconds at the lower.. 8-|

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
i know what you mean, but if i try to rinse at full power it pulses as it isn't drawing the water quickly enough (my washer must suck like a good thing!!!) so thats the reason I turn it down.

I've already rinsed off at full power with non-DI water, so the DI rinse at low pressure is literally that - just a rinse