DI Vessels

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Looking for advice on the best resin to purchase for my DI vessel? Used it yesterday and the car had quite a number of water spots left which was really annoying, although I have yet to change the resin that the vessel came with which no doubt didn’t come with a good grade of resin in the first place! A mail order would be perfect, although anywhere local to Lisburn would be great for a pick up. Thanks

davyk31

RMS Regular
I always buy from Sureclean in Omagh, next day delivery for a low cost. Buying from England means high carriage due to weight.
Buy a 25 litre bag of MB115 resin and it will do a few fills.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Looking for advice on the best resin to purchase for my DI vessel? Used it yesterday and the car had quite a number of water spots left which was really annoying, although I have yet to change the resin that the vessel came with which no doubt didn’t come with a good grade of resin in the first place! A mail order would be perfect, although anywhere local to Lisburn would be great for a pick up. Thanks

I bought a 25L bag of 151 resin from here:

Delivery was free to NI when spending over £60.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I get my resin off a member and for the life of me I cannot remember his first name - Foggy Ferg on facebook and as far as I remember used to drive a SLK55 back in the day

Which reminds me, need to change mine too

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
How much should you expect to pay for 25 litres of resin? My DI Vessel is due a refill I'm sure. I think it's a 7 litre one.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
£100 I paid for my bag (I will check weight when I get home) and its done me a heck of a long time - will just depend how often you use it. Depending on weather and the car I am cleaning, I would sometimes just use it for power hosing and everything

Edit: yeah, just checked photos and its a 25L bag called Purolite

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Rule of thumb is to fill your vessel 75% so thats 8.25L so 3 fills

But as said, that could do you a year or 3 years. Just depends how high your PPM is as well as usage

Buy a PPM reader for like £4 on ebay and check every now and again or when you notice spotting

Last edited:

davyk31

RMS Regular
About £100 is right for a 25 litre bag now. Just store it dry and in the dark and it lasts ages or find someone else needing and split a bag.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late

@Big Pimp any news of getting them back into stock?
Yep, I have 15 new ones just arrived end of last week. Resin is due tomorrow. I got my TSS notification through that the pallet is passed for movement.
How much should you expect to pay for 25 litres of resin? My DI Vessel is due a refill I'm sure. I think it's a 7 litre one.
25lt bag is around £100

Sureclean in Omagh should be able to do it for around that price.

@mcmurray - I’m going to try that crowd you linked. It might be cheaper for me to buy 2 bags at a time and get free delivery. The problem is I’m taking a pallet in so pallet prices and the joy of TSS

i asked @jferg for a pallet amount last week and he was >£100 per bag

unfortunately another product which is on the rise with no slowing in sight

MarkM

RMS Regular
Yep, I have 15 new ones just arrived end of last week. Resin is due tomorrow. I got my TSS notification through that the pallet is passed for movement.

25lt bag is around £100

Sureclean in Omagh should be able to do it for around that price.

@mcmurray - I’m going to try that crowd you linked. It might be cheaper for me to buy 2 bags at a time and get free delivery. The problem is I’m taking a pallet in so pallet prices and the joy of TSS

i asked @jferg for a pallet amount last week and he was >£100 per bag

unfortunately another product which is on the rise with no slowing in sight

That stuff is 151, I was always told it was best to buy 115, I’ve no idea what the difference is lol

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
That stuff is 151, I was always told it was best to buy 115, I’ve no idea what the difference is lol

151 is for harder water apparently. That’s what Google said anyway. I’m around 200-220ppm here.

My last fill of 115 didn’t last long at all before I was getting water spots again. Hoping this does a bit better.

MarkM

RMS Regular
151 is for harder water apparently. That’s what Google said anyway. I’m around 200-220ppm here.

My last fill of 115 didn’t last long at all before I was getting water spots again. Hoping this does a bit better.

My current 115 has been in about 14 months, albeit two vessels and my water is filthy, we can’t drink from the tap!
The double vessel thing must work

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Only difference is one for harder water areas iirc
I’ve been using the junger stuff myself as I’ve found it longer lasting in my own experience
@Big Pimp can I get a vessel plus resin?
Course you can, thank you mate. Very much appreciated

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo

I'm 105-115ppm usually in Dundonald

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
I must check mine again it was over 350 last time I checked. Thank christ I don't drink water 🤣

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
44.2 mg/l so thats in between 120-150ppm but my tester states 115ish most of the time - will test this evening as I need to change my resin for the weekend

1650632964044.png