Electricity tariffs

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Anyone have the current comparison table, I can only find the old one online.

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
I’m in a similar position, what’s my options now? Move to another company or can I try get a better deal than standard rate?

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
I’m in a similar position, what’s my options now? Move to another company or can I try get a better deal than standard rate?
Definitely price around - I change electric company every year but probably more often this year!

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
New Click Rates...
336648710_174565942007868_5054881014111508383_n.jpg

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
Got my Click Energy Email and rang SSE to see what they are going to offer. They do not have rates currently but if they apply an extra 10p per Kwh it could be 27.38 Kwh per day and 18.47 Kwh at night rate with 10.22 p standing charge. Click Energy's email says EPG is being reduced by 9.84 pence per Kwh.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The government support scheme will be extended to June at current levels, as per budget announcements this week.

So not sure why prices would jump that much in April? They might have if the support scheme had been reduced. But it's not now.

Then again, wholesale prices have dropped a lot, so all the "support scheme" seems to be doing at the moment is to actually inflate prices, pumping government cash straight to energy company share holders.

The whole scheme is completely nuts... Never mind the totally broken "system" underneath...

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Yep - just like when the £600 voucher came out prices of oil went up and only coming back down a little now

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
The government support scheme will be extended to June at current levels, as per budget announcements this week.

So not sure why prices would jump that much in April? They might have if the support scheme had been reduced. But it's not now.

Then again, wholesale prices have dropped a lot, so all the "support scheme" seems to be doing at the moment is to actually inflate prices, pumping government cash straight to energy company share holders.

The whole scheme is completely nuts... Never mind the totally broken "system" underneath...
NI was getting an additional discount due to the scheme starting later over here, that ends at the end of the month, hence the prices going up a few pence.

Ultimately I'm glad I stuck with PowerNI, they seem to have the most consistent prices across the market and about to be a good few pence cheaper than Click once again.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
There’s really no hassle in switching about other than taking a meter reading and filling a form in online. I’ve moved about a few times over the past 12 months

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
PowerNI are shafting their E7 customers. I was expecting a 14% rise after they announced it, however day rate is going up near 20% and might rate is up 57%. 😡

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
BBC News - Northern Ireland electric car users to pay for street charging

On-street charging to be paid for from end of April and hopefully to @Rocko's delight, an overstay fee for those who hog the charging bay long after the car is done charging.

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
Doubling the number of rapid chargers. So that's going from one to two then 😇

Doesn’t actually say the 2 rapid chargers will even be working 😜

I think we will see other operators investing and marching on and leave ESB behind with their poor network. They will survive on a network of 22kW chargers but may need to reduce prices to make sure people will use those. Most drivers will want to find a rapid charger where they maybe pay a bit more but 45 mins later are on their way with a full battery.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Haven't seen recent numbers but I believe EV are still a tiny portion here, far lower than the rest of the UK. Don't know if there's enough of a market here for anyone else? They would surely be here already?

Even in England they're struggling to build out infra beyond major cities and motorways.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Weev are here, BP have finally got their units working, new EV hub in Kinnegar and a few more planned across the province. ESB will get left behind, their charger in Bloomfields hasn't worked reliably in over a year.

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
Staying with Click E7 when I compared them all. With regard to the charging network we had the chance to have a world leading single, consistent system but only here could they mess that up and end up with a plethora of providers, cards, fobs and different type chargers.