Estate cars

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
My current A6 Avant
6958B830-7891-46DB-B724-AD49AE9AB274.jpeg

And my old F31 which is now owned by @richie_mck
772551D5-3C7D-49DE-8F80-933D347789DD.jpeg

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Always thought an estate was an old persons car or a family car but after seeing some in this thread, I’ve a real want for a big Audi Avant now :joy:

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Started thinking about what I'd replace the Forester with and keep coming back to these, spend a few quid on top of purchase price and I'd have another rocket dog carrier as it's more or less a longer, heavier golf r
PHFleet_Superb280SportlineCT_01-L.jpg

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
I've been looking at these all day after watching layer cake last night. The wife is having none of it.lol
Prices haven't gone up that much. Looked at b6 rs4s before I got my legacy 7 years ago but got scared of the possibility of monumental maintenance costs

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Love estates.

Have had a few.... Loved my old a6 3.0 Quattro, have had an Octavia VRS for the past few years.. Wifey now pilots it as the family daily... I'd hate to have been without an estate car with kids..... Stuff for house etc... They just eat loads effortlessly. Plus dog, bikes... Towing..

My ideal estate would be an E6x M5, but never liked that box... Or I'd have one on the drive... An RS6 would be awesome, but I couldn't see me ever spending that on a road car..... Merc c or e63 probably a very good car too

Estates rock!!

JH86

RMS Regular
Im an estate man all day, can't be beaten imo

Saloon is next best

Hot hatch/coupes/convertables absolute no no for any man over the age of 20,

Ive a coupe myself to sell, and its so cringy driving it

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Im an estate man all day, can't be beaten imo

Saloon is next best

Hot hatch/coupes/convertables absolute no no for any man over the age of 20,

Ive a coupe myself to sell, and its so cringy driving it

Not sure about that. I was hoping I would soon be old enough to look good in a Mercedes E350 coupe.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
@collyirwin11 I wish mine got mistaken as a diesel lmao, it's confused a couple of people when it's been parked up, but as soon as she ticks over its unmistakable that she's petrolView attachment 224683 View attachment 224684 View attachment 224685 View attachment 224686

That is lovely and I am sure it sounds amazing. With his, I have a vague recollection from a cars and coffee meet and people just thinking it was a diesel parked up in the corner, and it was only when the bonnet was lifted or some folk saw the brakes that they twigged. I would love the current RS6, but the v10 in yours would be the dream.

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Started thinking about what I'd replace the Forester with and keep coming back to these, spend a few quid on top of purchase price and I'd have another rocket dog carrier as it's more or less a longer, heavier golf rView attachment 224680

Been looking at these all week.. golf r estate was my first choice but these are much better suited and come out cheaper.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
That is lovely and I am sure it sounds amazing. With his, I have a vague recollection from a cars and coffee meet and people just thinking it was a diesel parked up in the corner, and it was only when the bonnet was lifted or some folk saw the brakes that they twigged. I would love the current RS6, but the v10 in yours would be the dream.

The current RS is a much more aggressive looking car and suits the nomenclature, however I was sad to see the downgrade to a V8, it's by far my favourite part of the car.

The C7 may be lighter and faster to 60 etc etc but it'll never be the Audi wagon with a twin turbo V10 that the C6 is, years ago I had the notion of an engine swap into the new car, but I'm pleased with how understated mine is, except the jet engine noise lol constantly gets attention, was even stopped by an elderly gentleman whilst parking her one day and he sat and talked cars for a few minutes because he admired the noise!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Jonny has got himself one of those as runaround for the family, lol, straight from Japan :cool:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.