Estate cars

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AndyMc

RMS Regular
Drives
C350
I love a good estate, had this nearly three years now. Starting to get itchy feet but don't know what I would get that could match it (and I can afford). The Jag XF looks good but I'm about 10 years off affording one, but it will have to be an estate...

20141009_152452-jpg.69161

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
I love a good estate, had this nearly three years now. Starting to get itchy feet but don't know what I would get that could match it (and I can afford). The Jag XF looks good but I'm about 10 years off affording one, but it will have to be an estate...

20141009_152452-jpg.69161
Don't sell it man, class car!

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Sadly no, considered one but the running costs just didn't stack up as a daily driver; far higher costs for very little performance advantage
Plus a lot of folk say the 2.2 is a bit rough and needs worked hard

The 2.0 163 does me, Powershift box too which is a revelation, tows the caravan well too

Only let down visually is the tail pipe, just a single pointing down, wouldn't mind getting it replaced with a nice twin exit silencer; any recommendations?

My da got map/tuning box for his recently, makes a BIG difference as the 163 feels a bit slow to wind up! You can get the parts off Ford for the twin exhaust modification. All the clips and brackets are already on the car.

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
My da got map/tuning box for his recently, makes a BIG difference as the 163 feels a bit slow to wind up! You can get the parts off Ford for the twin exhaust modification. All the clips and brackets are already on the car.

Have you priced the parts from Ford? Crazy crazy money, definitely NOT prepared to go down that route

I hear so many stories about tuning boxes, maps etc. I don't know who is reputable as I think they will tell you anything to get the trade

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Have you priced the parts from Ford? Crazy crazy money, definitely NOT prepared to go down that route

I hear so many stories about tuning boxes, maps etc. I don't know who is reputable as I think they will tell you anything to get the trade

The tuning company I bought off has been around for a few years so I take my chances! Dealer only parts are dear, but I guess if you want oem you'll have limited choices.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Specification at the moment is:
1999 BMW e36 328iA Touring
Estoril Blue
S50B32 with ARP rod bolts
Evo Gearbox
Evo Differential and subframe
Evo Front and Rear Brakes
Evo Suspension with Bilstein dampers
Cabriolet Cross Brace
AC Schnitzer ARBS
AC Schnitzer exhaust
Evo Clocks
Full black leather interior with Vader front seats
Staggered M3 'Contour' wheels
etc.

vwsully

RMS Regular
Drives
jdm camry, w140
Yes @Minikid that would have been me on morning g commute. Now running on standard 16" s due to puncture tho. Thanks for the comment - I like it!

warninglight

RMS Regular
Drives
Mostly Volvo
Might have to form a queue behind your brother lol, love a good Volvo :oops:
Best way to do that is to buy my 1998 V70R I put in the classifieds on here last night, I'll bring it home in July, get that black one off big bro, and he can bike in and out to work for a while.

Sorted!

warninglight

RMS Regular
Drives
Mostly Volvo
I've had a few of this generation of Volvo now but this one has been immense! Got a 1960s Volvo in the garage which I'm rebuilding at the mo, so funds and time need to go to that! Someone buy it and I'll bring it to NI free :laughing:

Attachments

• 845_o_1alqbv6t34iv2d15lveblprgl.jpg
    845_o_1alqbv6t34iv2d15lveblprgl.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 70

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
I am absolutely torn between these 2 cars. I have weighed up the pros and cons of each and it's nearly coming down to coin toss. The B5 is slightly ahead as it's a bit handier to bring home. Someone help!

audi s4 b6 nogaro blue recaro avant v8 px swap
$_57.JPG

Audi S4 AVANT 2.7 Quattro 5dr
media

The B6 has some choice mods which I like, full engine rebuild so reliability shouldn't be an issue, and is generally a nicer place to be than the older B5. Looks fresher and interior is far nicer. Plus V8 and milltek!

The B5 has more character, is near enough standard, and it potentially an appreciating car. They are a bit of culkt classic, and are very tuneable.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.