Evo VIII 260

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Cheers lads, it will take time as ill have to save, do a bit, save again and so on plus we have another baby coming in May:scream:
Sure it means ill be holding on to it for a while, not like me:p

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Looks clean! All the best with it, baby and an Evo, 2nd job time ;)

This is baby number 2, the Evo is my excuse to get out of the house lol, somehow I don't think the wife will agree. Yeah it's clean from 6 ft away but it does need a proper detail and as mentioned the passenger door needs painted to have it sitting the way I want it

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Looks great, it looks nearly exactly the same as my red 260 when I got it

I added Tein springs, bolt-ons and a map to 320bhp, new wheels, spoiler and splitter and in my opinion it was the perfect Evo! The only reason I sold is that it got tiring as a daily driver... would love another as a weekend car

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I was looking for inspiration on google images the other day and your car came up @StephenDc2 That was a really nice Evo you had there man, it looked Class and had all the right bits on it too. You have had some very nice cars, that M3 I bought if you was a great car too.

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
I was looking for inspiration on google images the other day and your car came up @StephenDc2 That was a really nice Evo you had there man, it looked Class and had all the right bits on it too. You have had some very nice cars, that M3 I bought if you was a great car too.

Cheers Barry, it was a great car and very similar to your's when I bought it basically standard with 2 previous mature owners.. it was the perfect base

I wish I had all of the cars I have owned previously in a big shed..most of them would be worth more money now the way prices are going up with the more rare performance cars like the R32 Skyline, DC2's, Evo's and even E46 M3's

Any one of those cars would be good to hold onto now. Yours is definitely a keeper so health to enjoy!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I've said the same thing a million times, id love to have a shed full of all the cars i've owned over the last 20 years, nearly all of them would be worth a lot more now!
Yeah I think id be wise to keep this evo as they are going up in value as they get more rare for good ones. I'm keeping an eye out for parts for it, spoiler, exhaust, downpipe, maybe a set of MR wheels too

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
The rear lights on the car are making me a we bit sad every time I look a them lol. Its proving hard to find a set of Evo 7 rears! The only ones I can see are in USA or OZ and wont post to UK.
I'm thinking as a stop gap until a set appear closer to home maybe getting a red tint put on the clear part of the light but not sure as it might look a bit cheap. I remember somebody on here had a similar issue with Subaru rears was it @Gambit who
got his tinted and it looked well. Anybody know who does this locally?

k20_chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything Boring
Try Elite Autos down in Galway, you'd be surprised what he'd have, breaks alot of Evo's.
Fine car, looks like a perfect Base to start with.

Gambit

RMS Regular
The rear lights on the car are making me a we bit sad every time I look a them lol. Its proving hard to find a set of Evo 7 rears! The only ones I can see are in USA or OZ and wont post to UK.
I'm thinking as a stop gap until a set appear closer to home maybe getting a red tint put on the clear part of the light but not sure as it might look a bit cheap. I remember somebody on here had a similar issue with Subaru rears was it @Gambit who
got his tinted and it looked well. Anybody know who does this locally?

i got a set of overlays yeah for my OE lexarse rear lights.

it was these guys that the overlays came from
Red Tail Light w/ Smoked Blinker (2006 - 2007 Evolution IX)
SHOP - SHOP BY VEHICLE - MITSUBISHI - Premium Auto Styling

colin84

RMS Regular
I actually like how that looks now, still looks really fresh.

And a baby on the way and you buy an evo lol, you have the misses well trained.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I actually like how that looks now, still looks really fresh.

And a baby on the way and you buy an evo lol, you have the misses well trained.

I know but sure its a weekend toy. Yeah she knew what I was like long before we got married and there's no changing the petrol in my veins now!

Modmedia

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla M3P
Looks awesome! This is what my red one was underneath, a 260. I bought it after most of the work was done to it the bigger intercooler and remap etc and it was sitting around 400/400 and I still regret selling it for the price I did!

IMG_0379.JPG

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Looks great Burt. I love the standardness of it. Personally I'd change the wheels to something a wee bit bigger just. There are plenty of options that would keep it looking OEM.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.