Evo VIII 260

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I'd love a set of 18" Turini's but they are big dough for a new set, I like the evo 10 rims on them. I'll probably just stick to getting the standard enkei's refurbished in a gunmetal grey.

Evo 10 rims

Modmedia

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla M3P
Looks great Burt. I love the standardness of it. Personally I'd change the wheels to something a wee bit bigger just. There are plenty of options that would keep it looking OEM.

I'm the same whilst I loved mine (aside from the Rotas) I think running at 400BHP and looking standard would be class!

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I think Evo X or the Enkeis are the nicest wheels for the 7/8/9 range without spending mega money.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
... That being said if you can find a set of MO6's second hand :cool::cool:

Picture them in bright silver on your car or dark gunmetal.

comp-2-jpg.33241

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
yeah wheels wouldn't be a priority, tuning and getting the cosmetics sorted are top of the list and that alone will cost plenty which I haven't got at the minute lol

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Wee bit of an update, slow progress with the arches trying to find the time and half decent weather.
I've started gathering parts as well to take it to around 350-360bhp.

Here's a pic of the exhaust I picked up. It's 3" stainless and seems well made, looks very similar to a CTEC system in terms of design, shape and position of the hangers unfortunately it isn't one though as they are about £700. It came up well after a bit of a clean and buff. Also a few before and after pics of the front arches and calipers after a decontamination, sanding back and paint/resealing, the sorry looking brembos were also wet sanded and given a new coat of paint .I was very happy to find no corrosion at all in the arches!

IMG_1013.JPG
IMG_1011.JPG
IMG_1017.JPG
IMG_1034.JPG
IMG_1023.JPG

Last edited:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Yeah it would look a lot nicer but the ones on it have plenty of life in them and aren't lipped. The rears will be getting replaced before the fronts will. As said they just need a drive to clean them up again as it hasn't moved in 2 weeks. I'll get a better pic tomorrow, the flash makes them look worse than they are

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
All of my exhaust has now arrived so I'm well pleased it's full 2.75" internal diameter from the turbo elbow back, so should be capable of flowing enough for up to 400bhp. It's all fits together well too and now I can get rid of the 2 restrictive cats on the 260 model. Just need a panel filter and walbro then it's good to go for a remap in the summer.

IMG_1031.JPG
IMG_1032.JPG

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Got the rear arch done yesterday, took an age to clean as it was caked in silt in all the crevices lol so plenty of cleaning with the G101 and tarmintator then 2 coats of gravitex. I painted the bonnet scoop satin black aswell as it was silver before and should tie in better when I get a bigger rear spoiler and black MR front splitter. Eventually I will get new rear discs and braided hoses when funds allow. Can't wait to get the new exhaust fitted too.

After a good scrub, shows how little underseal they put on them once imported
IMG_1040.JPG
IMG_1046.JPG
IMG_1048.JPG
IMG_1042.JPG

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Engine bay got a good going over too as it was mingin, also painted a few bits in satin black aswell to tidy them up, strut brace, manifold cover etc. I'd say it hadn't been cleaned since it was bought.

IMG_1051.JPG

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Getting there slowly man. I want to have it nice and tidy in all the bits ya can't see first then get the top looking well

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Great job batman, super clean! Loving the direction this is going :grinning:

A question though, is the Gravitex a compressor job?

Last edited:

j44nty

RMS Regular
Wee bit of an update, slow progress with the arches trying to find the time and half decent weather.
I've started gathering parts as well to take it to around 350-360bhp.

Here's a pic of the exhaust I picked up. It's 3" stainless and seems well made, looks very similar to a CTEC system in terms of design, shape and position of the hangers unfortunately it isn't one though as they are about £700. It came up well after a bit of a clean and buff. Also a few before and after pics of the front arches and calipers after a decontamination, sanding back and paint/resealing, the sorry looking brembos were also wet sanded and given a new coat of paint .I was very happy to find no corrosion at all in the arches!

View attachment 138965 View attachment 138966 View attachment 138967 View attachment 139729 View attachment 139731
What's your process and products for doing your inner arches that looks excellent

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Great job batman, super clean! Loving the direction this is going :grinning:

A question though, is the Gravitex a compressor job?

It can be yeah if you have a schutz gun or just brushed/rolled on. I used a small foam roller and a brush for the awkward bits and sort of stabbed it on to get a dimpled finish. A gun would probably cause a mess in a wheel arch but good for larger areas. The stuff is great though it sticks like glue and drys in no time

Last edited:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
What's your process and products for doing your inner arches that looks excellent

I start with a good snow foam and pressure wash, then G101 worked in with a brush and rinsed, after that same process with iron cleanse and then anachem tarminator. Any alloy suspension parts were wire wooled with metal polish. After that let it all dry, a heat gun is good if you have one. Then you can apply the gravitex as mentioned above, I found 2 coats was enough. Just a bit of time and elbow grease really but it feels good when it's all done and you know it will be good under there for a right few years again. It's easy to keep it clean in future as well.

Calipers were just degreased, sanded back, primed, painted and clear coated to seal the new decals. I enjoy jobs like that but I'm leaving any of the bigger stuff to the professionals once I've saved enough dough lol.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Bit of an update. After searching every day for weeks for a decent spoiler I finally got one. The downside was it came off a ruri blue car and the ends had quite a few deep marks so obviously needed painted.
After hours of sanding, priming, painting, wet sanding and then compounding and polishing with the DA I'm really pleased with the result. Not bad for using aerosols and painting in the shed lol. Plastic is hard to get a nice finish though!
It should look like a proper Evo now:p(y)

IMG_1091.JPG
IMG_1092.JPG
IMG_1093.JPG

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.