F1 2013 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
That was just another level today.
Even Webber was praising Vettel's performance.
Vettel is obviously the only one on the top level consistently, the others come and go.as a viewer im long gone, races too long two shorter races would be better imo

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
I would love to see some kind of reverse starting grid, fastest driver starts at the back of the final q3 group in the main race or something.

Vettel is an amazing driver and if red bull can keep such a good car he could win it for the next 3/4/5 years with ease

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
nice to see the future of Lotus secured after the Quantum Motorosports consortium agreed to buy 35% of the team from Genii.

they said Hulkenberg will be the replacement for Raikkonen, who incidentally will get fully paid 'then some'.

with the promise of major sponsors coming on board too, the future looks bright for the Enstone team.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24799211

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
fair to say Grosjean is the most improved driver this year, credit to Eric Boullier for keeping faith with him.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Dominating performance by Vettel again, a win worthy of the champion. The battles behind Vettel were great as they were all year imo.....although I cannot understand how Alonso didn't get a penalty for his pass off the track, DiResta drove a fantastic race and more than deserved 5th. Ferrari International Assist in action again :p.

Agree with the above btw, Grosjean has been great this year..... as has Rosberg. 2 drivers I didn't rate and have slated in the past. Rosberg has bettered Lewis more times than Lewis has beat him this season (even with 2 extra DNF's at the start if the season), hopefully he wins one before the end of the year.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
I would love to see some kind of reverse starting grid, fastest driver starts at the back of the final q3 group in the main race or something

Sorta defeats the purpose of 'qualifying' at all though doesn't it :p

Even if you give a point for pole, everyone else in Q3 would be trying to go around in the slowest time ...... Even back in refuelling times drivers were slowing to target lap times during quali to finish in 11th or 12th instead of 9th or 10th, so they would have the advantage of being able to adjust their fuel strategy.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
Hope to god the new technology/engines next year mix it up a bit, this year has been so bloody boring beyond belief.

I don't even know why I bother watching F1 anymore!

I'm giving it a year in the Turbo era before I'll just catch a race when I can, if it does mix the field up I wonder how long it will take for the Vettel bummers to blame the car

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

There's a few of them on here Theo.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

There's a few of them on here Theo.

Pretty heavy stuff for 7am on a Monday morning!

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
I'm giving it a year in the Turbo era before I'll just catch a race when I can, if it does mix the field up I wonder how long it will take for the Vettel bummers to blame the car

Doesn't matter to me if he looses every damn race next year with the new regulations while they sort the new car out. He will still be giving it his all and putting that car places is shouldn't be. Like he did at toro Rosso. And I'll still be the guy standing on my sofa screaming at the TV like an idiot in support :grinning:. And driving down the road with my vettel plate on my car proudly :grinning:.

Just like when Michael and Braun went to Ferrari . Took them a few years to sort that out. I was still collecting all my Schumacher gear while he lost :grinning:

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
just hope these new turbo charged cars don't produce races were drivers are either conserving their tyres or their new power units.

what I would give to watch an F1 season were every race was flat out from lights to flag. currently everyone is driving to save tyres in some shape or form.

think it would bring more people back to the sport too.

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
just hope these new turbo charged cars don't produce races were drivers are either conserving their tyres or their new power units.

what I would give to watch an F1 season were every race was flat out from lights to flag. currently everyone is driving to save tyres in some shape or form.

That's exactly te problem with F1 at the minute. They are clamping to many rules on it in an attempt to make it interesting. But half the time it ruins it. The drs makes overtaking too easy so you loose the epic battles to overtake. Yeah it promoted more overtaking but you do loose a lot of the heroics.
The tyres at the start of the year where so horrific the redbull couldn't even show how good a car they had built as it just destroyed them and had to tiptoe around on them .
And all you ever hear on every team radio is save your tyres, save your tyres.

I'd imagine there will be lots of tiptoeing around next year trying to stop some of the new power units exploding. And whoever has nailed that engine will win. Simple as that

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
All they need to do is avail themselves of your turbo mapping skills Jonny :innocent:

Oh, except there are no jap engines for a while :p

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI

That will never happen though because they will always save tyres regardless of how quick they degrade, the teams have to think 'if we get another 3 laps out of these tyres at the end of the race we will save 20 odd seconds over a pit stop'

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
what I would give to watch an F1 season were every race was flat out from lights to flag.

Unfortunately there has never been an F1 season that the drivers drove flat out for the whole race.

In the pre-pitstop era, it was all driving to conserve the car, the turbo era was all about conserving tyres and gearboxes.... even In the recent refuelling days, the drivers constantly conserved fuel or tyres on at least 2 of 3 stints to optimise stint lengths and pit at the right times (granted it was the closest to flat out we ever seen them). Driving within the limits of the tyres is only so visible now because it is the only variable on the cars and we have open access to pit to car radio.

I agree that artificially making them crap is a bit wrong ...... but without tyre wear, strategy and pit-stops, it would literally be a procession from lights to flag. Fastest car would qualify on pole and win the race. Strategy is an integral part of F1

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
...... but without tyre wear, strategy and pit-stops, it would literally be a procession from lights to flag. Fastest car would qualify on pole and win the race. Strategy is an integral part of F1

Lol, but that sounds exactly like what we have :p

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
What about Toro Rosso?? He won 1 race in 2 seasons with them and that was in torrential rain :rolleyes:

In a season and a half he got a pole, won 1 race and finished in the top 6, 8 times.

In 7 years Torro Rosso have only had one other finish in the top 6 and it was this season. He put that car far further up the grid than it ever should have been.

Last edited:

Shaun

RMS Regular
I agree that artificially making them crap is a bit wrong ...... but without tyre wear, strategy and pit-stops, it would literally be a procession from lights to flag. Fastest car would qualify on pole and win the race. Strategy is an integral part of F1

So there would be no change really...:worried:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.