F1 2016

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GR86
Same, fair play to him. He had to do the ground work to get in a top car and regardless of other people's issues he has stuck it on pole more than enough times when every thing is equal and done what he had to do in the race.
I might be in the minority but I actually think he's a down to earth dead on guy too.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Similar to 2009 when Button won a championship :confounded: people will look back & say: 'How the hell did that happen?' Lol

pablo

RMS Moderator
Honda gifted brawn a car that won everything g for half a season then won nothing when the rest caught up. But was too late.

EP3 James

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
Same, fair play to him. He had to do the ground work to get in a top car and regardless of other people's issues he has stuck it on pole more than enough times when every thing is equal and done what he had to do in the race.
I might be in the minority but I actually think he's a down to earth dead on guy too.
Im in agreement with you. As much I would rather Lewis win, I think he seems like a decent guy from what we get to see of him. Wish the Ferraris and Redbulls were all more competitive and tightened everything up.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
He has been on the way out and then back in so many times I have lost count. Maybe he really is on the way out this time. Or maybe not.

Was surprised at the valuation of £1.6bn, thought it would be more. At least if you include the car business.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, Lewis has never won in Brazil. Been ahead in practice though for whatever that is worth.

pablo

RMS Moderator
I'd say the want is high at this stage. If he can snag pole and get off the line it should be job done.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
One-lap pace is close but over the longer runs yesterday, Lewis was on average 0.5s per lap quicker on the soft tyres & 0.2s quicker on the mediums.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
First job done. Now he has to ace the start.

And get someone to collect Nico, lol :innocent:

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Lewis needs a boring race for himself tomorrow but an 'exciting' one for Nico. He needs something to happen to his teammate; collision, mechanical issue, caught out by the weather whatever.

If it's a normal race it'll be a Mercedes 1-2 & you can be sure Nico will turn everything down to reduce stress & strain.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, schoolboy error there weeloaney, lol, never go near the Interweb until after you watched :laughing:

Got caught out myself by the radio today :grinning:

pablo

RMS Moderator
Job done. A comment by Brundle sums up the situation.

"Nico done exceptionally well to stay so close to Lewis"

Not the sign of a worthy champion.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, there is a good chance of that to be fair with the number of bad Merc starts this season! Not just Lewis either, Nico has had his share of them too.

Realistically, I reckon Lewis' best chance is heavy rain, and start behind the safety car. He is much, much better in the wet than Nico, and so are Max and Ric. And Vettel. Actually, so is almost anyone else on the grid :innocent:

Pretty much any other scenario Nico will finish at least second.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
IMG_8369.jpg

pablo

RMS Moderator
good news for Lewis, lets see what Nico is made of today! Ill say he will have some serious problems from Max/Kimi

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Apart from Grosjean who's gonna be the first man to bin it?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.