F1 2016

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Just caught up.

What a fking drive from Max, absolutely unbelievable.

After his spin/near spin, my heart rate raised a bit, LOL

Love that he squeezed Vettel off the track but give Perez more than enough room, Fk you vettel lol.

Hamilton was in complete control for the whole race, at every restart he just left Rosberg behind. Was willing rosberg to spin and drop done the order, would have lived them to go into the last race on even points :p

And not the way Massa would have wanted to finish, but he wouldn't have got that standing ovation walking up the pit, never seen anything like it. Shows the respect and the love the teams have for him.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Go Max :grinning:

Nico was clearly driving for the championship. Fair play. But he was nowhere there, had to be handheld from the pit again. Only reason he was second and not twelfth was being in the Merc...

Superb drive from Lewis. He did enough to keep Nico behind, then a bit more to keep Max behind. Brilliant.

This was his best chance though. Nico is not going to finish anything less than second in Abu Dhabi.

Even if hamilton wins the 2016 I think there will be a long drought of championship wins for him as long as max is racing.

He drives circles round Nico for sure :grinning:

Never got close to Lewis.

Max is right up there with the best for sure.

There is another young star coming in next year as well, forget his name.

Shaun

RMS Regular
Why did max pit? If nico gets away with second he is the jammiest git ever.
He was on inters and changed back to wets. If it wasn't for that h likely would have on it.

Once seen it there now and what a race, Max is gonna be world champion very soon. The red bull is starting to look like a very good challenge to the mercs for next season.
Really hope Niko ****s it up at the next race (y)

pablo

RMS Moderator
ah I know it was more of a WHYYYYYYYY when it was in effect a wasted pitstop given the red flag.

Lewis had an easy with no spray but he was also breaking the water for the cars behind. All Nico had to do was trundle along in his tracks behind and get his 18 points.

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GR86
Tbf to Nico he drove the race he had to drive. He would have been an idiot to try and push and sit with Lewis and put himself at risk. He still had to keep it together when wheels were coming of the wagon all over the show.

(Still don't want him to win the championship though :laughing:)

stevyg

RMS Regular
Interesting race in that weather. Lots of hairy moments, Kimi especially with that Manor just missing him, Max had a big moment and Rosberg almost lost it too.

What a race from Max! Reverted back to his go-kart days, never drive on the dry line when it rains. I'm disappointed RB put him on the inters so soon and messed up his chance at P2...but then we wouldn't have seen his drive through the field. Is Max the only driver to have ever finished 3 positions in the same race? 3rd, 4th & 5th in the Mexican GP.
Hamilton never put a wheel wrong, just pulled away when he needed to and managed the gap, he really is a master in the wet. Crazy to think Lewis Hamilton is only 8 pole positions behind Michael Schumachers record, he's also the only driver in history to have a pole position and a win in every one of his F1 seasons.
I'm surprised that Button struggled so much, he's usually amazing in the wet.
Gutierrez & Steiners encounter in the garage was a bit awkward! I think Gutierrez attitude has a lot to do with him losing his spot next year.
I'm glad the World feed director decided to keep the cameras on Massa during his walk through the pits, it was great to see that.

Looking forward to the grand finale, strange things have happened in the final race so we'll see.

Bedhead

RMS Regular
Drives
Mundaneo, Scudo
There is another young star coming in next year as well, forget his name.

Stoffel Van Dorne?

Max is good, but we'll never know just how good until he gets a car that can take on the Mercs, RB need to get shot of that Renault engine or they're stuffed.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Rosberg has finished every race so far this season…

Anyone else know how to tempt fate?

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Just watched the highlights, as others have said what a race by Max!!

Something got me wondering though and I'm guessing that it must have been within limits, but the C4 commentators said the Nico was being advised to upshift earlier to stop the rear wheels spinning - surely that's driver coaching? Again I'm guessing it was within what is acceptable limits though otherwise we'd have heard.

Lovely heartwarming moment when all the mechanics from different teams came out for Massa

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GR86
I'd imagine the Nico help would fall within safety remit so ok. However I find if strange he would even need told that unless its just dotting the i's engineers chat.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
Nobody was on the radio telling Verstappen to short shift though...

Maybe it just proves that Rosberg really doesn't know how to drive?

In which case, it is as we all thought, even Virgil from the Thunderbirds could win races in the Mercedes.

If Red Bull don't pull their act together and win both championships next year with the regulation changes, we're watching Schumachers 7 title record getting beaten. This makes me very, very sad. It's already appalling enough that the points haul and wins total of drivers from back then are meaningless now with a billion revenue generating events, sorry, races, every season. I would say that it would be possible to generate more points in a single season now than Fangio amassed in his whole career, without looking up the figures. Most say he was the greatest driver of all time. But yes, if nobody develops something to beat the Mercedes very quickly, and the regulation change is the best chance to do it, then smugface "it was really easy today, I made no effort at all" is going to win them all.
Note I say Red Bull, because they're the most likely to do it, painful as it is as a Tifosi stalwart. The prancing horse looks thoroughly disinterested at the moment.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Im wondering were Lewis's comments about being easy:

A) mindgames with Nico who probably got around by the seat of his pants
B) based on the fact he was first for the whole race so no spray to contend with (in which case I wish he had said that, rather than sounding like C)
C) him being a smug faced t**t

Im honestly undecided.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Im wondering were Lewis's comments about being easy:

A) mindgames with Nico who probably got around by the seat of his pants
B) based on the fact he was first for the whole race so no spray to contend with (in which case I wish he had said that, rather than sounding like C)
C) him being a smug faced t**t

Im honestly undecided.
I'd say

D- partly all of the above.

But unless the sky coverage showed it I never seen Hamilton step out or make a mistake.

And also the fact he didn't have any challengers for 1st place and no spray it definitely was easy for him compared to the rest.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Watched the highlights last night - What a drive by Max... he deserves a medal after that. It was like he was in a class of his own.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Brundle said it was like he was on a different track than everyone else. I was waiting for him to bin it! But he held it rightly. So lucky with his wee oopsie though.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Brundle said it was like he was on a different track than everyone else. I was waiting for him to bin it! But he held it rightly. So lucky with his wee oopsie though.
Like that he even admits he was lucky with that slide, thought the barrier was getting a slap.

Not the first time he's caught a slide tho, definitely a brilliant driver.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
The Nico coaching was exactly why all that palaver about controlling team radio came in. He used to forever ask what Lewis was doing and getting told to brake later here or turn in sooner there etc. instead of working it out himself.

As far as I know they dropped all that and now everything goes again.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.