F1 2019: ALL CHAT HERE

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
Hulk next year to Ferrari, would be good to see the 27 back on a red machine.

Have been a Vettel fan since Monza 08 but his heart just isn't in it anymore. Same as Alonso the constant pressure of trying to get a WDC for Ferrari must be insane.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
The lengths people go to to hate Hamilton never cease to amaze me
🤣🤣🤣

This is nothing to do with 'hate or a dislike for Hamilton. It's the principle, a fellow driver was killed on the same track on the same weekend he's racing. Every other driver choose to wear an armband in respect, why wouldn't he? I just don't get his mentality for not doing so.

Other ex drivers even commented on it.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
I didn't even notice any drivers wearing black armbands during the race nevermind Hamilton not wearing one.

I noticed when the 3 where on the podium etc. everyone shows respect in different ways. I think Hamilton has shown time and time again that he is willing to reach out to charities, individual cases with kids and fans etc, and also go above and beyond to meet fans on the days etc. not saying other drivers don't do this, but. I do feel at times Hamilton is singled out for some 'extra hate'

Think his fashion lines, music and friends make him an easy target. I like him cause he is interesting, some of the other drivers are robots with sponsors stickers and race suits

pablo

RMS Moderator
Have been a Vettel fan since Monza 08 but his heart just isn't in it anymore. Same as Alonso the constant pressure of trying to get a WDC for Ferrari must be insane.

They might as well take a punt on another LeClerc for next year, Vettel (and I do like him) is just doing nothing

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Hulkenberg would be a solid no.2 for Leclerc. Can’t see them getting anyone else for next year.

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
Next in line is Giovinazzi and he hasn't set the world on fire like Leclerc did in the Sauber Romeo

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Agreed Vettel needs to go he has lost his edge badly.

I think it can fall into the trap that Raikkonen did that one Ferrari driver challenging and Merc using their number 2 to block the lead Ferrari whilst the number 2 Ferrari is 30 seconds down the road doing nothing.

I was really impressed with Albon's and Norris's drives.

Pierre Gasly seems to be more comfortable in the Toro Rosso as well.

I'd love to see Carlos Sainz in the other Ferrari but he has already been signed up by McLaren.

As the Renault is a total dog if Vettel left the sport could Ricciardo be bought out of his contract?

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Think he’s on @ $26m a-year so he won’t come cheap!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Ricciardo will be well tied down at Renault, and also committed. But hey, you never know, lol.

With Occon going there, the plan is likely to get some Mercedes cash and resources into Renault. That's probably the main reason Ric went there in the first place. If that will be enough is a different story!

The way things are going Vettel is probably set for doing an Alonso. Maybe beat him to the "tripple crown" 😁 His heart just doesn't seem to be in it, by all accounts life at Ferrari can be tough if you are not delivering...

As above, there is nobody really available to fill his boots though. They need two strong drivers, not a number one and a support driver. That said, the latter has always been the Ferrari way, so maybe Hulkenberg isn't a bad bet?

Then again you could do worse than have Vettel as your team "number two", lol :innocent:

And he is ahead in the championship after all, even if that might have been very different if Charles had been allowed a fair fight early on.

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
It was hard to enjoy the race tbh, it seemed like everyone was ready to get out of there and put the weekend behind them. It’s the first time someone’s died at a race weekend since 1994 which is a positive in terms of safety but that was a terrible terrible accident. I’m not sure what safety could have been improved to help with something like that apart from making the barriers more absorbent instead of throwing the cars back onto the track. I watched the analysis and he was t-boned right at the cockpit, it couldn’t have been any worse. I know it was uncomfortable for Charles to not celebrate on his first win, great drive from him. The slow 3.6s pitstop for Hamilton could have decided the race, great drive from him too and extends his championship lead. Felt bad for Norris he drove superbly and Albon made some racy moves. Lots of action throughout the whole pack, Hamilton & Vettel wheel to wheel, should’ve been one of the best races of the year that was overshadowed by the unfortunate events.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Another weekend, another junior formula race and another monster accident! Thankfully Alex Peroni walked away, likely thanks to Halo.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Indeed, lol, what the flip 😅

Anyone want to bet against Vettel getting to keep his time despite leaving the track? In a Ferrari in Italy, lol :innocent:

Should be a good race tomorrow, fairly even at the top.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.