F1 2020

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
What a surprise! All Ferrari powered teams are struggling compared to last year. Shows how much of an advantage they got from whatever ‘cheat’ they were using last year.

Racing Point have played a blinder with their car this year. Given that regulations will remain stable next year they are poised for a good 18 months ahead.

Mercedes could be 1 second clear over a longer lap, say the likes of Spa or Silverstone.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Hoping for a Norris podium, unlikely but fingers crossed.

Be interesting to see how much quicker the guys are at the 2nd race at the rounds given the extra practice at them.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Hoping for a Norris podium, unlikely but fingers crossed.

Be interesting to see how much quicker the guys are at the 2nd race at the rounds given the extra practice at them.

Going by the early forecast for next weekend there could be thunderstorms around Spielberg.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Their interpretation of the grey rulebook.

A few years ago I remember Ross Brawn saying all teams read the rulebook at least twice; first to understand it and secondly how to find a loophole.

They all do it just Ferrari got caught.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Going by the early forecast for next weekend there could be thunderstorms around Spielberg.

Oh, didn't know that. Will hopefully make for an interesting race then!

Reactions: DC.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
I binned Sky Sports F1 and subscribed to F1 TV impressed with it so far. 6.99 a month and can cancel anytime.

Mainly because I don’t have a Sky HD subscription as we only have Sky for the wife to record, watch soaps and that crap so if I got Sky F1 it’d be 20 quid a month if I wanted it in HD.

Only thing its not available in the UK so need to use a VPN.

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just use CH4 for the actual races. It's the same race but can be recorded and FF through commercials and all the boring bits. Plus don't have to waste two whole weekend afternoons on it.

Unless you do want to sit through all the post- and pre-race bits, and the viewing angle gimmicks. Fair enough if that's what you want (y)

Last edited:

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Just use CH4 for the actual races. It's the same race but can be recorded and FF through commercials and all the boring bits. Plus don't have to waste to whole weekend afternoons on it.

Unless you do want to sit through all the post- and pre-race bits, and the viewing angle gimmicks. Fair enough if that's what you want (y)

Aye but then 9 times out of 10 you know who wins. Much rather watch it live

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
What a surprise! All Ferrari powered teams are struggling compared to last year. Shows how much of an advantage they got from whatever ‘cheat’ they were using last year.

Racing Point have played a blinder with their car this year. Given that regulations will remain stable next year they are poised for a good 18 months ahead.

Mercedes could be 1 second clear over a longer lap, say the likes of Spa or Silverstone.

Racing Point might suffer like Brawn did when the car fundamentally is great but, depending on how long the season is, might struggle to keep up in the development race.

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
This is it. But all they have to do is check out what Mercedes have done with this years car and apply it to theirs. It should, in theory, work.

pablo

RMS Moderator
with F1 TV can you watch the race live?
I only see these options:

Screenshot 2020-07-05 at 12.50.19.png

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
with F1 TV can you watch the race live?
I only see these options:

View attachment 286055

Yeah the subscription level you need is F1 TV Pro I set my VPN to USA and bought the subscription using the app on my iPhone

All commentary is Sky’s so its good then get access to F2 and F3 as well

Below is the F3 quali from yesterday

51F637CE-5AC7-4DB2-B421-1554926D029F.jpeg

Give me 2 secs and i’ll upload a video I took of the F1 qualification yesterday

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
should be good with max on yellow tyre

Yeah I think this could be his race now. Just depends on how he gets off the line. Bottas will have more initial traction but Max is on the inside and will likely try a move into turn one.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.