F1 2022

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
<Tin foil warning>
I guess given how things ended last year, with the FIA mess... If (speculation!) it turned out the very team that won the driver's championship that way was also breaking the FIA budget cap... It would be an almighty mess for both the FIA and the team in question...

So presumably best for both parties to put a lid on it and make everything look ok, as nobody else has access to the data to prove otherwise...
</Tin foil warning>

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Harms already done, most people remotely following the sport will know/assume they have went over the cap. It would be great to see them be severely penalised cause they will just keep doing it otherwise.
I wonder are RBs lawyers included in the budget cap 🤔

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
In fairness he will need to push for quali what with his 5 place penalty. Not that it really punishes him 😂

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
All Maxs to mess up now, which he tried with lando there. Caught sleeping and wasn't expecting anyone to dare to around him. Was never going to be a penalty, would had to have been a flying lap to even come close to one. Let's hope for some rain tomorrow

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Latiffi has to be one of the worst of all time 😂 properly hilarious that yesterday 😂

Some of the Japanese fans really go to town with their outfits. Lol’d at the guy holding up the Ferrari make me a strategist sign in quali 😂
The sad thing is that he's nowhere near the worst compared to the proper pay drivers who were really, really bad. Taki Inoue is about the worst, but at least has a sense of humour about it 😂

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Where did Renault come from all of a sudden?

Otherwise business as usual. Can't wait for Monday and see what all the fuss has been about in the end.

Latiffi has to be one of the worst of all time 😂 properly hilarious that yesterday 😂

Has everyone already forgotten Maze****z or whatever his name was 😅 😇

Latifi is definitely having a good stab at it though 😂

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
The sad thing is that he's nowhere near the worst compared to the proper pay drivers who were really, really bad. Taki Inoue is about the worst, but at least has a sense of humour about it 😂
Was he the guy who was hit by the medical car?

As Sven says Mazepin has to be one of the most recent awful drivers. At least Latifi scores points. Mazepin didn't help himself with his antics or some of his comments. I was personally glad to see him and his dad go though.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34

As Sven says Mazepin has to be one of the most recent awful drivers. At least Latifi scores points. Mazepin didn't help himself with his antics or some of his comments. I was personally glad to see him and his dad go though.
Yep, this is him 😂
8477_1.jpg

As bad as he was, Mazepin was still not affected by the 107% rule in quali. I don't miss him all the same!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO

He hasn’t scored a thing this year, been out scored by De Vries who’s done one race in the same car 😂

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Ricciardo has ruled himself out of driving for Williams or Haas next year.

He could take over from de Vries as Mercedes reserve driver with the hope of getting a seat in ‘24.

Seems like Hulk is the favourite for the second Haas seat. I’m not sure why they’re getting rid of MSC as he’s outperforming KMag. (maybe it’s the repair bill)

Either way I hope Mick stays on the grid.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Looking at the weather forecast it could make things interesting, fair bit of rain forecast to come in during the race.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I don't know, what has Mick really done to stay on the grid? Somebody like Hulk would likely be stronger. More dev experience too.

Just a matter of how much Ferrari cash Mick is still bringing.

Can't see Ric as reserve driver either. Better off doing something else for a while then, get the mojo back, and try again.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Mick is no longer involved with Ferrari hence the doubt about him staying with Haas.

Maybe Ferrari will put Robert Schwartzman in there instead. But there’s no guarantee he’ll be any better than Mick.