Focus St2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
It is loud. Noticed the car is backfiring a lot more. Planning to stick mod x map on this weekend. Just wondering how long the clutch will last. :rolleyes:

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Looks great, really is a credit to you, and if you ever sell it, the new owner is getting an exceptionally clean example. I am at a crossroads with mine, I should really be sensible and save and just enjoy what I have, but I keep looking at the mk2 RS an wanting to scratch that itch.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Cheers pal. Mk2 Rs would be my next move. But the prices have been kept up so well that I don't know if I'll get round to it. Where planning another holiday or 2 then we will be thinking about starting a family so an Rs is looking less and less likely but Iam grateful for what I have not like Iam having to hack about in something so not going to complain. :laughing:

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Looks amazing, the decals on the side are a great addition to help break up the white! All ties in nicely.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Would have to agree @Paul RS as much as I love fords I just don't see them special enough to be carrying the price tags. I seen a mk2 Rs sell last week with stupid low miles for a touch over 30k it's madness plus mines faster than a standard Rs so I don't need one. Lol. The mk3 I like and who knows maybe in a few years would be the perfect family car but I fear the prices are going to be mad for them also. I know there selling for between 3-6k over new price atm. Still think the new mk3 focus st in stealth grey is nice.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Would have to agree @Paul RS as much as I love fords I just don't see them special enough to be carrying the price tags. I seen a mk2 Rs sell last week with stupid low miles for a touch over 30k it's madness plus mines faster than a standard Rs so I don't need one. Lol. The mk3 I like and who knows maybe in a few years would be the perfect family car but I fear the prices are going to be mad for them also. I know there selling for between 3-6k over new price atm. Still think the new mk3 focus st in stealth grey is nice.

I agree, prices of RS's and old Ford's is stupid. I think I could get £20K+ for my aul sh1te sierra now lol

Funny I've a serious want for an ST a my next company car!

ABishop

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus ST
It is loud. Noticed the car is backfiring a lot more. Planning to stick mod x map on this weekend. Just wondering how long the clutch will last. :rolleyes:

I wish you could get a trial run on different maps. Heard great things about Dreamscience and always wanted a run in one. Went out in a Collins 320 a couple of years back and was sold there and then. I've moved to CP340 now, had to source a low pressure gauge to set the actuator Preload, which da pain to find but all sorted now. It is an animal!

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
I'll take you out in mine when I've the mod x loaded on. I've only used one life of mine when I uploaded the dsci map will be interesting to see what mod x is like. Debating if I need the injectors now? :rolleyes: Lol.

ABishop

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus ST
I'll take you out in mine when I've the mod x loaded on. I've only used one life of mine when I uploaded the dsci map will be interesting to see what mod x is like. Debating if I need the injectors now? :rolleyes: Lol.
That'd be sweet. I'm heading to that Focus meet on Sunday. It'll be nice to open her up a bit on the M1.

When you get the modding bug you're screwed lol. I got a new job there. To be honest my dream job so I had to treat myself. Can't wait to hear the section 59. A little apprehensive about the dual port though. I think my woman will go mad! Whoosh!

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Not %100 confirmed but might be selling the st. Would be open to selling everything of it as want it back to standard. Car is not advertised but as it stands I'll be open to sensible offers on everything and the car. This could change as still in 2 minds but if anyone has any interest fire me a pm. :grinning:(y)

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
So many pieces I would love to take lol, the carbon mirrors, your grills and foglight surrounds etc.

If you do sell, someone is getting an immaculate motor.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
I know if I sell it. I'll regret it but it could just come down to it having to go. Again it's nothing definite atm but it's something that may have to happen. @G N K i know I'll want another one but if this sells it'll be the last one I own maybe in a few years I could buy a mk2 Rs if the price of them comes down but who knows. :sob:

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Been a long time from I updated in here and to be fair it's not really an update. Took it a drive tonight for the first time In a few weeks. It's looking like it may be for sale in the new year. It might not be the most expensive fastest car and it might not be to everyone's taste but after being in it tonight makes you remember why we all mess about with cars add bits and spend so much money this car is my perfect st everything i wanted the old one to be. I'd love to keep it for as long as possible but due to other things it might just come down to it having to go. Always loved cars and these for me are just so special. Anyway here's a new photo from a few months ago.

ST Colin

RMS Regular
Drives
Czech Wagon
Nice job. Like the wheels.

I miss my orange ST2. These have more appeal than the latest ST. The engine has much more character. I'm sure the new one is fast though. Over run in 2nd gear, ahhhhh......

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Genuinely would say this is the cleanest and nicest ST around. Meticulous owner (borderline OCD :p) and it just sits perfectly. (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.