Freelander 2 winter hack

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Got a K&N for ours so I don't have a repeat of the wet paper filter getting sucked into the AFM again. Not fitted yet as I want to see what the craic is with this box behind the bumper first. I love ours as a tourer, even been thinking of ways to fit a bed in the back as a budget weekender.

Let me know what you find, my filter was ok but if I can do a simple mod to future proof it......

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Not this year, plenty of beef on them and they’ve handled the frost/snow well. Friend has Scorpion Verdes on his Disco sport and rates them, I have Michelins on my van though and they’re fantastic

Opted for a set of Michelin. 15% off at kwik fit for the set. Be interested to see how they perform over the cack fitted currently

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Opted for a set of Michelin. 15% off at kwik fit for the set. Be interested to see how they perform over the cack fitted currently

Really hard to beat Michelin’s, did you go for Primacys or Cross climates?

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Facelift boot handle painted and built up to replace the broken original, bolts are spinning in it so it’ll have to be hacked off, job for another day!

6EDBAF9E-F65F-46E0-AF92-BE95255A54C9.jpeg

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
The later boot handle and front grilles make a big difference to them, very nice!

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Enjoying cruising about in this in this weather, quiet and comfortable, just noticed the offside rear wheel is getting very dusty faster than the rest so it’ll need some rear pads and the caliper checked over.
Can’t wait to get the V5 back and get a decent plate on it

A85777B1-5C7D-4DEB-B02F-3EC4517BCDA3.jpeg

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Looks well Mark, makes a good difference. (y)
BTW, I can confirm you can fit a ton bag of tree clippings in the boot with the rear seats down lol.

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Looks well Mark, makes a good difference. (y)
BTW, I can confirm you can fit a ton bag of tree clippings in the boot with the rear seats down lol.

It’s nice to have a boot lid I can open without fumbling for the key, Emma hates the chrome but I’m not painting it lol
Really like having a ‘project’ of sorts, sat nav next :innocent:

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
It’s nice to have a boot lid I can open without fumbling for the key, Emma hates the chrome but I’m not painting it lol
Really like having a ‘project’ of sorts, sat nav next :innocent:
What are you doing for sat nav? I didn’t see the point as the oem nav is rubbish so though an phone mount where the cubby is would be better

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
What are you doing for sat nav? I didn’t see the point as the oem nav is rubbish so though an phone mount where the cubby is would be better

Emma has a 6” TomTom she’s not used for ages and I’m going to get rid of the cubby and fit it behind the dash, not sure exactly how yet but I’ll get it done :grinning:

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I'll be interested to see what you do with the Sat Nav also, the Mrs wanted me to get a unit that sticks to the windscreen or the dash which I effing loathe. I asked about nav in a few places when I first got it but the prices I was given were crazy.

Last edited:

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
I'll be interested to see what you do with the Sat Nav also, the Mrs wanted me to get a unit that sticks to the windscreen or the dash which I effing loathe. I asked about nav in a few places when I first got it but the prices I was given were crazy.

I’m using this....tomtom start 62
DEBE00F8-356E-4067-820F-B265629248D9.jpeg

Cubby measures 145mm x 88mm and the screen is 135mm x 82mm so there will be some of the plastic housing visible, I had hoped the screen would be very slightly bigger than the opening to make it look oem

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Ah right, where the cubby is on your, ours has a radio display with nothing down below so I don't have a space there as it were. I was looking for something that might integrate but I was told it was impossible or would cost a fortune. (like £1k or more) :eek:

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Ah right, where the cubby is on your, ours has a radio display with nothing down below so I don't have a space there as it were. I was looking for something that might integrate but I was told it was impossible or would cost a fortune. (like £1k or more) :eek:

Between the centre vents, yours must be a lot posher than mine lol

2DE03014-B8FC-4474-8C03-F9CE7A6EF984.jpeg

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
You must have a long driveway if you need a sat nav lol. I want to fit a phone cradle there where you’re putting the nav but would like it to be neat. Not that it probably matters that much

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Not posh lol or it would have sat nav!!
This is what mine looks like, the screen does radio, aux inputs and phone displays so wouldn't be keen on binning it.
FL2 Dash.jpg