Fun, daily suitable, 5k budget!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

c_rad

RMS Regular
Looking to go for something more fun for the daily commute. Looking at all the usual suspects but nothing is really jumping out at me.
5k or so budget.

25ish mpg
Any body style
Nice sounding

Basically RMS is a good source for different thinking, So hoping I can find something different!

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
E90 would be my choice and would love a 330/335i if I wasnt as worried about MPG

john87

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
I'd a mk5 golf gti for a bit, great fun to drive and perfect for daily duties though not the most interesting sounding. Just don't buy a rusty one.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
@neil205 has a really nice Cupra in the classifieds at bargain money running 300bhp, perfect amount of power for the road and still good mpg. My old one had a full miltek system on it and it sounded like an Evo when on boost

Last edited:

c_rad

RMS Regular
OP
c_rad
Keep them coming! Will look into the E90, as I discounted them thinking they'd be crazy money.

c_rad

RMS Regular
OP
c_rad
That Mercedes is lovely.... but.... I am quite the husky gentleman, So would look fairly hilarious getting in and out of it I'm sure.
Same story with the Mini, Have driven one and it was brilliant fun but I am not small.

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Was looking at 350z's? Anyone any expriences?
Had one for a year and while it was brilliant, I changed it for a Cooper S and the Mini is much better craic to drive. My dad is 70 and maybe 6'3" and he loves driving it. They are comfy enough but I cant wait to get rid of the run flats on mine. Taking it easy on my commute = 35mpg.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
350Z is a very good car. Handled brilliantly and the engine note was fantastic. Not that quick and the controls felt a bit heavy but in saying that I would like another. Though it'd be a cheapish one this time.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.