Gaz86's 1994 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo II RS

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Coming on rightly now! Empty tank is even more dangerous than a full one FYI.

Heat gun and a scraper is what I use for underseal. One of the most hateful jobs, ever! :joy:

It's completely bone dry inside, no residual fuel left and has been left open for weeks so there shouldn't be any vapours left in there. I had the hoover inside it sucking up any loose bits of rust.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
It's completely bone dry inside, no residual fuel left and has been left open for weeks so there shouldn't be any vapours left in there. I had the hoover inside it sucking up any loose bits of rust.

If it’s rusty inside it’ll definitely need to go to the likes of brownlow.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
If it’s rusty inside it’ll definitely need to go to the likes of brownlow.

It more than likely will be going to them to get the inside done. Had also considered getting the POR-15 fuel tank kit but it would be easier to just hand it over to them and pay the £250+
@Gaz86 where you getting the POR from? Looking online the postage is ridiculous for it

Frost Restoration

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
To think I was nearly for tossing this in the bin, turns out it's actually quite a rare JDM Impul Motor Racing Development gear knob 😎 Extra JDM points for the Evo 💪🏻 lol

IMG_20230121_160342.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Nice 😎 I had a red plastic cylinder in the footwell on mine, that I was about to throw out too, when someone told me it was a Jap emergency signal thing, lol. And apparently almost never make it past shipping. Everyone needs a bit of pyrotechnics in their cars 😁

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Nice 😎 I had a red plastic cylinder in the footwell on mine, that I was about to throw out too, when someone told me it was a Jap emergency signal thing, lol. And apparently almost never make it past shipping. Everyone needs a bit of pyrotechnics in their cars 😁

Very cool 😎 would love one myself

'96dc2

RMS Regular
Evo VI front calipers be any use to you? I’ve a set sitting about I won’t need again.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
You can actually buy one here:

No idea if they're functional, but they look and feel identical.

I'll check it out, thanks mate 😎

Evo VI front calipers be any use to you? I’ve a set sitting about I won’t need again.

I'd need to change the hubs to a 5 stud setup. The earlies are 4x114.3. It's something I'd like to do to be honest but it's costly enough and low on my current priorities list at the moment. Will keep it in mind though, thanks 🙂

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Still have one from the FTO if you want it, think it matched the year and was 1995

Yeah I'd like that. I'll PM you
The five stud will have much more options for everything though.

I know. It'll probably be done at some point. Need to concentrate on getting the bodywork fixed up and painted first though

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Just got myself another couple of tasty bits for the engine bay, cast aluminium intake pipe and mirror polished stainless steel spark plug cover.

They did back to back Dyno tests on this and the HKS RS intake pipe and found this to flow even better than the HKS item, larger diameter so you'd expect as much. The battery will need relocated to the boot, which I was planning to do anyway to de-clutter the engine bay 👌🏻
received_1369369047143489.jpeg

Screenshot_20230121-195400.jpg

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Getting to the good part 😊

Long overdue but thanks to an ill spell, having no central heating in the house and then being told my dog only has about a month left to live I've had other things on my plate.

Have to admit I did have the fear at first but after a few YouTube videos and a few practice drills I soon got into the swing of it

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
if you're anything like myself you'll prob enjoy just getting at it yourself, but if you need a hand with any of the mundane bits like spot weld drilling give me a shout, be happy to do a bit some evening

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
if you're anything like myself you'll prob enjoy just getting at it yourself, but if you need a hand with any of the mundane bits like spot weld drilling give me a shout, be happy to do a bit some evening

Yeah come on down some evening, won't turn down the help and company 👍🏻

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Had hoped to get some more time on the rear quarter section this weekend but with a terminally ill dog I don't really want to be spending time in the garage 😞 I'll get around to it soon I'm sure.

Treated myself to a new Milwaukee M18 Fuel cordless drill to get the job done, because I needed a new drill and made sense since I already have a Milwaukee impact gun and rotary polisher 🤷🏻‍♂️ man maths lol

Also what are your thoughts on these checkered mats? Kinda retro looking I think

image_277adf84-9f84-4b8e-9bc6-c55243a60011_1024x1024.jpg
image_1ffcb29a-6d51-4d76-9024-59b5f5e19c16_1024x1024.jpg
image_4a6dd329-e524-4986-b165-12ae4aeb5b7c_960x.jpg

Last edited: