GOLF G60

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
So, project car at the back and a daily in front of it?

Are you going to insulate the walls? What about flooring, how are you going to finish the concrete.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Yea project car will sit down at the back and the Mk1 will be in front close to the door. The A8,Beetle & Tiguan will be on the drive.

I have kingspan insulating for the walls and plywood as well to go on. I already have the floor power floated. I'm currently working on the rest of the drive as it's being concreted as well.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I have to have a nice home for the Golf when its finished cant be leaving out side over winter Im hoping today puts a big hole in the Garage.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
To be honest i never even thought of a polished floor it could be an option.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
To be honest i never even thought of a polished floor it could be an option.
Its a good option, and its possible to do yourself if you can rent the equipment. I'll either do this or go with Porcelain tiles.

Wise up, obviously you need a carbon floor in the garage :p :innocent:
No Joke, you can actually buy carbon fibre tiles now, but only wall tiles, not floor tiles that I know off.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I might go down the road of the polished floor as it looks really well.

Small update I bought a new inlet manifold this morning Gtune has a really good name when it comes to intakes so i thought id treat the Golf to one.

13181433_615192231980057_494269764_n.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Going down the ITB route? I thought you were turbo charging this?

Maybe just me getting confused by the picture :grinning:

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Yeah the different length trumpets are to allow for the different lengths of inlet tracts in the VR head. It's a widely debated thing when going FI on them as to weather they're necessary or not. Can't do any harm though. Tidy looking kit Christof

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Only seen that with ITB before, hence asking. And ITB is a bit wasted with turbo.

Hard to imagine the trumpets making any difference with a single TB and turbo. The point of them with ITB is to tune and try to optimise the "standing wave" pattern you get with the air pulses through each TB when there is no pressure on the inlet side. With just a single TB and the pressure from the turbo a more direct route through the airbox might make more sense.

But hey, like you say, look cool and maybe no harm :grinning: And I could be wrong, would not be the first time :laughing:

It all does look very nicely made (y)

pablo

RMS Moderator
there is something funny about the VR6 where its a narrow angle V and you need to stagger the inlet tract length as the manifold bolts onto one side, so 3 cyl would have a short tract and 3 a long one. This seems an attempt to even them out.

Id have thought for a turbo you just want to mash in as much air as possible and since its under pressure it wouldn't matter much.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Gtune has tired and tested these on both the VR and R32's and they have proven to be a success but time will tell.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Yeah @svensktoppen it's definitely more of an n/a thing although I've a short runner with no trumpets and drives fine. It's changed the note of the engine though.

@Tufty is rick still doing fab work. Matt is looking to shop around. He's changing his after buying a precision 6262

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I have my short runner forsale for £350. Rick is doing noting now .

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Other quick update on the Golf I recently bought some Voomeran Archs for the Golf for those that dont know what they look like see pics below.

79ed18cs-960.jpg

How the fronts look

Due to my love of all things Carbon these are now heading over to England to be made into Carbon along with a custom made carbon dash.

Last edited:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Other quick update on the Golf I recently bought some Voomeran Archs for the Golf for those that dont know what they look like see pics below.

79ed18cs-960.jpg

How the fronts look

Due to my love of all things Carbon these are now heading over to England to be made into Carbon along with a custom made carbon dash.
Looks to be nearly going over the top of the wing it is it the way it's sitting just?

Edit: nevermind it's the light reflecting on the wing kinda hiding it when I first look lol

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@weeloaney the arch does pass over the swage line but once there fitted correctly it will be bang on the money.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
@weeloaney the arch does pass over the swage line but once there fitted correctly it will be bang on the money.
Yeah see that now, when I first looked I mistook the swage line for for the top of the wing with the light that was reflecting on it :p

She'll look pretty mean and will have the guts to back the looks up