GOLF G60

Bronk

RMS Regular
keep it simple buddy and get it back on the road, as said above a TFSI conversion would still be awesome. The plans you had for the golf was crazy to be honest.. fair play tho for giving it a go... get it back on the road and enjoy it

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
Tfsi is relatively cheap, a drop in set of rods, pistons and all gaskets with the stronger connecting rods is 1300 quid from tsr. Mine ran 400hp reliably every day with minimal extra bolt on parts for over a year and returned good mpg on a run with torque from low revs. And it was barely tuned.

I'm with mark this is how I should have left mine, as you say we all have dreams and the reality of living with the built car isn't always as expected, all be compromise that you have to take as planned parts don't work when you base the build around them

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
It's easy to get caught up in the project and lose your way... Keep it simple Tufty, and get back to being what it's all about.. FUN! Simple engine swap, ITBs be fun, then fit all those awesome parts and get it on the road to enjoy the car again with your family ...

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
An other small update.

I have been giving the build a lot a thought recently and in regards to the engine I kept thinking I need to go back to the cars roots and put a G60 back in it but there not the sharpish tool in the box plus they need a lot of maintanance when it comes to the charger.

So I bought my self a 2.0ltr 16v ABF Engine wiring loom and ecu everything needed to plug in and play in the Orange Golf.

Some pics

B6F1789F-4CDB-45D9-A866-110A5EA65294_zpspjsq7dkm.jpg

397CB29B-D641-41CE-9206-0A69AE61783B_zpsn67m7isx.jpg

616636E8-E1D7-4656-9F40-50197197CFAE_zpsj7wci2jh.jpg

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Here is a quick run down of the spec of the engine..

Re-built with all new bearings,seal etc
Arp hard wear
83mm wossner pistons
Max speed con-rods
Port&polished & skimmed head
Supertech valves & springs
Standard cams
Cam adjuster
Schrick baffled sump
Audi s2 intake manifold
Tubular exhaust manifold
Bbm distributor blank off,fuel rail & blank off plate
Coil pack conversion
Catch tank
Owen development Garrett gtx28r upgraded internals
Internal waste gate t28
3"down pipe & trac slag exhaust
Rebuilt 02a gearbox with quaife lsd
Stage 1 hi-spec clutch
Lightened & balanced flywheel
Emerald k6 ecu with custom ce2 loom & fuse box
Alloy Radiator & intercooler with all silicon water pipe & coolant hoses.

The engine is currently sitting around 380bhp.

Marc

RMS Moderator
Here is a quick run down of the spec of the engine..

Re-built with all new bearings,seal etc
Arp hard wear
83mm wossner pistons
Max speed con-rods
Port&polished & skimmed head
Supertech valves & springs
Standard cams
Cam adjuster
Schrick baffled sump
Audi s2 intake manifold
Tubular exhaust manifold
Bbm distributor blank off,fuel rail & blank off plate
Coil pack conversion
Catch tank
Owen development Garrett gtx28r upgraded internals
Internal waste gate t28
3"down pipe & trac slag exhaust
Rebuilt 02a gearbox with quaife lsd
Stage 1 hi-spec clutch
Lightened & balanced flywheel
Emerald k6 ecu with custom ce2 loom & fuse box
Alloy Radiator & intercooler with all silicon water pipe & coolant hoses.

The engine is currently sitting around 380bhp.

Good work! Will be a good going wagon with that in it, I think forget about your carbon fetish for a while and get building the car with what you have sitting, I bet you have enough spares to build 2 cars lol

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I have 3x 20v Turbo engines most of the bits still from the VR6 engine as so far the engine it self has sold and the exhaust manifold. The rest of the bits are still here.

I bought an other Mk2 on Saturday it’s also a 20v Turbo but requires some work but it’s donating most of the bits to this one.

02F26371-69AD-4167-B9D7-57B6D9CE565D_zpsnbehlgd3.jpg

24B0716A-13E8-4E56-AB19-A6CDA9E9D40B_zpsfotpgybe.jpg

Also have had a lot of sh1t from building and planing so I’ve had to take down my wooden garage and it’s being replaced with this.

F1FF6E14-714F-4C49-A47F-DDB81B554256_zpslnm9zpru.jpg

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
Good too see your making moves, let me know when you need another hand. 1 step at a time with these things as always.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@Ged I’d like to get the brakes sorted and mounted up as soon as everything starts to land.

Garage goes up this Friday and the Silver Golf and engine will be here the following week.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
The grey is going to be a big Turbo 20v I bought a calipso green Mk2 20v Turbo as well for parts.

Bronk

RMS Regular
excellent work mate, get it back on the road.. all the fancy carbon,roll cages bla bla bla can wait till later

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Looks like that should be nice, will it be insulated?

Will be good to see this car on the road in some form, and it won't be slow with 380hp in such a light car. Always glad I've managed to get my builds completed relatively quickly as otherwise I'd be worried about getting fed up with it. Getting messed about by people was one of the worst parts of my build, I had problems mostly from some of the Americans I ordered parts from.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
The garage will be insulated with Kingspan in the next few days and im also adding a couple of radiators to it as well.

To be honest it was either put money into the garage or build the Golf I opted to end the dream and put money into the garage as things where not going as planned but thankfully the 16v came at the right time.

I also treated the RS to a new reg something more fitting.

34271F3C-5D40-4005-9A81-D3998749612A.jpeg

1D55A367-C94E-4173-B575-DA67238FD9A2.jpeg

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Thanks Ben the Garage is bang on the money it’s excatly how I wanted it now I just need to finish the drive and garden.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Probably nearly cover the cost of the car now...people pay silly money for them ATM especially if in half decent condition which that looks to be in

Pmd also

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
nice find that mate, i paid 250 for a rear bumper for my rallye 5 years ago and front fogs were 150 each