GOLF G60

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Do you really think people would take that as a political statement? Didn't even occur to me until it was mentioned, you have quite different hues. Certainly of the orange. Plus it's a car for Pete's sake, lol.

Besides the Orange alone could be misconstrued too into some "political" thing for those hell bent on seeing "political" statements in everything 😇

What a twisted up world we live in these days!

Flip all that, just do what makes you happy.

It is quite a loud green though 😇

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@svensktoppen I do indeed there is still a number of people who thank that way be it small but they do exist among us.

It is a loud green and would work well with the Carbon bits but I had an offer this morning for the full interior so looks like it could be going before i get the chance to try it.

This was it in my old Mk2 - the Dash.

5A7D046C-B78E-4A06-AA78-0140E52D3D75.jpeg

B52BA0B2-2F6A-4F18-803D-D8CFB8708034.jpeg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
To be honest, if you've already done that in another car then do something else in this one. Just would save a lot of cash with it already done and ready to go in, and in good condition too it seems. Could always change it later. But if it's sold then that's cash in the bank too 😇

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Do you really think people would take that as a political statement? Didn't even occur to me until it was mentioned, you have quite different hues. Certainly of the orange. Plus it's a car for Pete's sake, lol.

Besides the Orange alone could be misconstrued too into some "political" thing for those hell bent on seeing "political" statements in everything 😇

What a twisted up world we live in these days!

Flip all that, just do what makes you happy.

It is quite a loud green though 😇
I open a pack or starburst and get orange and green together and I think it 😂

I don’t give a crap about the political crap as long as people aren’t assholes
Please paint your wheels white…. 🥳🤣

They look like some seats, I’d say they’d be awesome in black
That would certainly be a statement even forgetting about the political colouring 😂

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
So a little more progress made this week not so much on the car more so bits for it.

Thanks to the Guys at H&R I now have a much needed ARB Kit for the Golf.

DD3BAA70-9BBB-4625-AADB-92A375ADB780.jpeg

So on to the next purchase. I had been looking for this splitter for around ten years and I found a guy in England who had the original version so I got in contact with him to see if he would sell it and he said no bother I thought happy days after all these years looking for one I finally have the chance to buy it. He sent some images over of it as it had some damage and i thought fair enough he is honest. I had a price in mind for it £350 delivered due to the damage it would of took a fair amount of work to put it right. He came back with a price of £600 plus postage at this point i declined and walked away as he was not for moving on price. So once again i was back on the hunt again for it but honestly I lost interest and did not bother spending to much time looking and give up the search in 2019. In early 2020 i got a message from a good friend in Sligo to say he was looking for one so my interest peaked again as i had been looking for this from 2009 both him and i didnt get far with it and the search stopped again. Then on Monday evening past i get a whatsapp message containing some images and Phil had only gone a found one that a guy in England had from new and never fitted it all the guy wanted in place of it was a standard deep spoiler from a Mk2 boom the deal was done. A lot of effort for a front spoiler but it's one i have always wanted and it will complete the look of my car up front. Phil has kindly agreed to let me take it to Jam Styling in Portadown who are going to make a mould from it and I am hoping to pass it on to @Con to have made in Carbon fibre.

82DC99F9-78C5-41E2-80AE-4CBD3721ED8B.jpeg

D89785C9-2B85-4FFC-9762-A0108FF79300.jpeg

CF68006E-A135-41FD-9A18-A1E089549D88.jpeg

0EC8B1A8-7BCD-4074-8F89-D62DFE51DF21.jpeg

This is the Golf where i first spotted it on back in 2004/2005
F0CD9D75-24BC-4026-AE44-B5327AE13300.jpeg

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
As already mentioned in another thread as it’s my birthday soon I decided to treat myself to an other set of wheels which I think will work well with the car. I have had these before in 15inch 3pc and 16inch 2pc on my old Mk3 VR6 so I thought I’d try them in 17’s for the Mk2.

AA6C0F5B-591E-41BA-A494-642409D1BC30.png

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@G24NTR it’s my birthday this month so it’s a good excuse to splash out on me lol 😂. I also sold the green interior to a good friend so that’s went towards the wheels.

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
As already mentioned in another thread as it’s my birthday soon I decided to treat myself to an other set of wheels which I think will work well with the car. I have had these before in 15inch 3pc and 16inch 2pc on my old Mk3 VR6 so I thought I’d try them in 17’s for the Mk2.

View attachment 393748

Always loved them on older vw's. Schmidt th line?

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Small update this week. The Golf will be heading off the end of this month to get some bits done that were missed when the cage was getting done. It will also be getting all the boost hoses hard piped as well along with a new down pipe and screamer pipe.

So todays job was engine back in and that took all of 20 minutes. I hope to have the car back end of May and then the real work begins.
AE252493-6191-4ACB-8F8E-9B795CB89440.jpeg