Hatchback Impreza STi 330s

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Someone posted up a pic a few weeks back of a dark blue/black Swift on bronze wheels a few weeks back and it looked fantastic. Whatever shade they were gets my vote!! Not much help I know...

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Decision made.
20181101_114730.jpg
20181101_114717.jpg
20181101_114720.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
So the reason i got the window vents "cheap" (today i saw a used set on FB for half what i paid :weary_face: but collection only from England took the sting out of that) was that they somehow sent me display ones (i think they tried to palm me off with used TBH). Being gloss black plastic they were tatty looking and polish wasn't fixing it. They sent a partial refund.
So i was left with the job of painting them. Painted loads of stuff before so wasn't bothered at the thought. Was off work so had a list of jobs , this being one of them to allow me to do jobs between coats. Got the heater on in the shed , paint all set out warming up.
Give them a quick sand with a sanding sponge, and i mean quick. And to my delight they actually looked great just by doing that ! 5 mins total i'd say, thats including taking them apart and together again.

I know these mods I'm doing aren't ground breaking or mechanical in any way. I'm not mechanically minded. But its these sort of things I enjoy doing and keeps me interested in the car.
Bolt on, painting, polishing, modify, personalise, keeps me busy and i enjoy the end results.8-|
20181101_144715.jpg

received_345526772872029.jpeg
20181101_150426.jpg

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
So the reason i got the window vents "cheap" (today i saw a used set on FB for half what i paid :weary_face: but collection only from England took the sting out of that) was that they somehow sent me display ones (i think they tried to palm me off with used TBH). Being gloss black plastic they were tatty looking and polish wasn't fixing it. They sent a partial refund.
So i was left with the job of painting them. Painted loads of stuff before so wasn't bothered at the thought. Was off work so had a list of jobs , this being one of them to allow me to do jobs between coats. Got the heater on in the shed , paint all set out warming up.
Give them a quick sand with a sanding sponge, and i mean quick. And to my delight they actually looked great just by doing that ! 5 mins total i'd say, thats including taking them apart and together again.

I know these mods I'm doing aren't ground breaking or mechanical in any way. I'm not mechanically minded. But its these sort of things I enjoy doing and keeps me interested in the car.
Bolt on, painting, polishing, modify, personalise, keeps me busy and i enjoy the end results.8-|
View attachment 213975
View attachment 213976 View attachment 213974

You must be running out of mods now lol.
Do those vents mean you have a permanent vent? That would be chilly in the winter

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
You must be running out of mods now lol.
Do those vents mean you have a permanent vent? That would be chilly in the winter
Yeah but they're just for show. Literally just held in by the window so takes seconds to fit. To be honest they don't vent that much , wouldn't fancy sitting in the back while they're fitted but in the front you'd hatdly know (other than the rediculous wind noise)

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Collected the wheels yesterday and spent the evening getting them sealed , waxed , tyre shined. Fitted tonight in the bloody driving rain. Wish i could get out into the daylight to see them , stupid work taking up all my daylight :rolleyes: The fluorescent lights on last 2 pics make them look golder on camera than they are. The first pic is more representative of what they look like.

20181105_171201.jpg
20181105_193828.jpg

20181106_170114.jpg
20181106_170131.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
So yesterday was first time out cleaned with new wheels and of course it had to be a fecking hurricane so no pics. Parked at Lamon overnight and i was dreding any carnage. Of course this morning weather was fine but it had been rained on all night. Drove to Comber today before getting a pic so car was dirty by then. Still looks good though.
IMG_20181110_150416_048.jpg
IMG_20181110_150416_060.jpg
20181110_114833.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.