I've came to the conclusion....snowfoam doesn't work.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
I suppose it depends on how good your paint work is protected as in waxed an silky smooth, to be honest ive used sf a few times and thought it was a waste of time and just another one of these "must have" trends that come and go.

Mark King

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
I suppose it depends on how good your paint work is protected as in waxed an silky smooth, to be honest ive used sf a few times and thought it was a waste of time and just another one of these "must have" trends that come and go.

i also do my fords with it they very really see a mitt just snow foam,dwell for 10 mins then power wash and it brings them up mint

O.C.D

RMS Regular
Try this snow foam.....
freshballs.jpg

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
I've always found that the snow foam loosens the dirt more and takes more muck and crap from the car as to just water

Absolutely.

The difference is noticable when using a good snowfoam. There are some excuses for it on the market and they shouldn't be labelled as anything other than money-wasters. Ross and OCD have the 2 best I have ever used and I have admitted this already, @Big Pimp's has the edge. It just clings that little bit better and removes more residue.

I prefer to dilute it a little bit more as I think it clings better.
20140119_085248_zps9g2unv5s.jpg

The foam should be white, clearly it's not!
20140119_085238_zpsajitz1ob.jpg

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I will do a full write up on this when I am back. We are going to do a safe winter maintainance guide.

Foam 100% isn't a gimmick. You need to understand the chemistry behind it and it's interaction with LSP's and so on.

You soak a car in TFR you will have your LSP stripped in no time.

I always foam cara dry without a pre rinse. IMO prenrinsing is diluting the foam before it gets a chance to work.

So wash process is as follows

- snowfoam car, leave to dwell
- thorough rinse
- wash wheels with separate bucket and wheel woolies etc and rinse
- light foam of the entire car again (some citrus prewash to stubborn flies etc beforehand if necessary)
- 2 bucket wash method
- thorough rinse
- sprtiz of ultragloss
- blow dry/pat dry with towel/rinse with filtered water

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Personally speaking, I agree with a few folk in here in that I am unable to see the difference between snow foam and a good go with the power hose. However I only wash my car 2/3 times a year and I admit that my untrained eye is probably missing something. The first time I used snow foam I was expecting to be blown away with how clean it left the car, but it was no different to the finish a power hose wouldve done on its own. The only difference is that its another stage in making an already horrendous process even longer! That said, I still use it each time because I know its the right thing to do :party:.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I use the guys on the Knock dual carriageway opp the BP station most weeks but if I have to do it myself I use Ross`s snow foam.
I hate washing the car, drying etc too much hassle.

I used them a few weeks back (first time I'd paid for a wash in 3/4 years) and was expecting to pay £20 for the job they did.... then they asked for a fiver! Was actually very decent!

Dave..

RMS Regular
I used them a few weeks back (first time I'd paid for a wash in 3/4 years) and was expecting to pay £20 for the job they did.... then they asked for a fiver! Was actually very decent!

They give you a wee card that gets stamped after every wash and the last one is free - they do a great job.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
I use snowfoam so i don't have to bother with a bucket :p Foam on sponge down, rinse off. Easy :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.