I've came to the conclusion....snowfoam doesn't work.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dave..

RMS Regular
My car looks like Coogs bumper after I snow foam it.

Mine has never been polished/waxed though, so surely that has to play a part in this?

Most other folk in here polish theres every 5 minutes, so that's bound to assist in how the snow foam performs?
@Lyons
I hate all things to do with cleaning my car but we sprayed it with Ultragloss last sunday after its annual wash by us and it is still gleaming. Our car is black.
If you are on the Knock dual carriageway try the guys opposite the BP station, they do a great job.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
Sonax what, exactly?
51KwH4e9kUL._SX425_.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
I'm going to do a test on my work van tomorrow (cars never dirty enough to show any difference)

i'll just wet one half with water and the other half with foam , leave to dwell and hose off. Will let it dry and take a few pics to see what happens.

I find Ultra Gloss to be just like DemonShine .

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
ok , here goes. I used the panel gap as a boundary line , though I might do another test on the other side as I've a feeling one panel has been repainted (slight colour difference)
if you can guess which side was soaked with water and which is snowfoam you can decide which to keep using !

before

did a wheel with foam

after

run my dry finger across

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
fair enough !

it was the right side that was foamed. No difference that I could tell apart from the dirt visible in the bubbles from the wheel. I will still continue to use it though , not sure why but I just will. The shampoo through the lance is definitely worth doing , actual snowfoam prewash doesn't seem to do much.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
I think a proper scientific test would need to be done to prove it completely.
How much proof is needed ? it either cleans it more than water , or loosens dirt more than water. We judge a clean car by how it looks , and my test show no visual difference. I power hosed both panels and dirt wasn't "looser" on either , and a wipe with my finger didn't seem to make any difference.
I personally think it keeps the car "soaking" longer than water as it's foam , so does help more than water. I was surprised it didn't do more but on a waxed car (not my unwaxed van) you do almost not need to touch the car to get it clean.

Dave..

RMS Regular
How much proof is needed ? it either cleans it more than water , or loosens dirt more than water. We judge a clean car by how it looks , and my test show no visual difference. I power hosed both panels and dirt wasn't "looser" on either , and a wipe with my finger didn't seem to make any difference.
I personally think it keeps the car "soaking" longer than water as it's foam , so does help more than water. I was surprised it didn't do more but on a waxed car (not my unwaxed van) you do almost not need to touch the car to get it clean.

I don't think a snow foam manufacturer would agree.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.