I've came to the conclusion....snowfoam doesn't work.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Yeh I asked @Big Pimp a few posts back to tell me about it but he didn't bother.

O.C.D. - I'm just back in from a day at work, where NIE had a scheduled power down today, then I had to go out in the lorry delivering products to the sewage works pumping station in Loughbrickland, and then back to the office where I lifted the van, had to get it fully loaded up for tomorrow as I've a day full of appointments tomorrow that I cannot get out of, so I'm sorry if I missed your post about UltraGloss a few posts up!

I have been also making sure that orders placed on here were out for delivery, and replying to PM's so I have been a bit snowed under!

To summarise, UltraGloss is a spray wax for use after washing your car. It is a fantastic product. I bring it in from America, as I have tried a few previously, but as many will attest to, this product is in a different league.

I love it, because I don't have enough time to spend on my cars like i used to. Between work, children & RMS I love having a product which enhances the finish to a clean car so easily.

If you fancy trying a bit, let me know - 1lt is only £5, and will last you ages, and you'll be well impressed. I guarantee it!

O.C.D

RMS Regular
Thanks for the reply bud as I said earlier your lucky your so busy its good to see a small company doing well .Might take u up on that offer is there anyone around belfast or lurgan that sells it.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp would you rate it above the sonax bsd?

I've never used bsd mate, but all i'd say to people is for £5 for a litre which will make you minimum of 10lts, its not the cost of the earth, and definitely worth a try.

big pete & adam certainly rate it, and use it on all cars which come in for a safe wash, so thats good enough for me!

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I was always interested in the correct way to wash a car safely etc when @Big Pimp started doing the starter pack I thought why not.

Got it and thought frig me this will be an all day session to clean the car. Bought the correct spray bottles etc and now washing the car takes no time. The snowfoam is a great job I think and when my car is stinking I can see it work. Other people have seen it being used on my car and since bought from Ross.

The car is stinking at the minute and will be getting cleaned next week so I will power hose one side and do the other side with snowfoam and post some pictures and we can play spot the difference lol the wheels will be interesting as they are black and no longer silver.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
O.C.D. - I'm just back in from a day at work, where NIE had a scheduled power down today, then I had to go out in the lorry delivering products to the sewage works pumping station in Loughbrickland, and then back to the office where I lifted the van, had to get it fully loaded up for tomorrow as I've a day full of appointments tomorrow that I cannot get out of, so I'm sorry if I missed your post about UltraGloss a few posts up!

I have been also making sure that orders placed on here were out for delivery, and replying to PM's so I have been a bit snowed under!

To summarise, UltraGloss is a spray wax for use after washing your car. It is a fantastic product. I bring it in from America, as I have tried a few previously, but as many will attest to, this product is in a different league.

I love it, because I don't have enough time to spend on my cars like i used to. Between work, children & RMS I love having a product which enhances the finish to a clean car so easily.

If you fancy trying a bit, let me know - 1lt is only £5, and will last you ages, and you'll be well impressed. I guarantee it!

I see what you did there......and I like it!

NS Autocare

RMS Regular
Drives
Quite a bit
See, I'd disagree with you on that point.

Some snow foams may essentially be a weak TFR, but mine isn't. Mine is a ph neutral product which is made up of (among other things) predominantly the foaming agents and some ionic and non ionic carriers.

I have made custom blend snow foams for 2 customers. One is a fish merchant who foams his vans inside and out and needed a product which would clean and disinfect at the same time, and another local coach company wanted my TFR with a foaming agent added.

I wasn't saying that they ARE a weak tfr (a watered down tfr and made into and branded up as a snow foam) I was saying that's what they basically are in what they do. Many snow foams out there are ph neutral but I was getting across that the cheaper the product is the more you'll be using as its diluted too much before the user gets their hands on it. I wasn't targeting your products at all which from what you wrote looks like I did I was talking general snow foams.

Anyway in my eyes yes a snow foam does work but entirely depends on the snow foam used.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I wasn't saying that they ARE a weak tfr (a watered down tfr and made into and branded up as a snow foam) I was saying that's what they basically are in what they do. Many snow foams out there are ph neutral but I was getting across that the cheaper the product is the more you'll be using as its diluted too much before the user gets their hands on it. I wasn't targeting your products at all which from what you wrote looks like I did I was talking general snow foams.

Anyway in my eyes yes a snow foam does work but entirely depends on the snow foam used.
Jeepers - I know you weren't targeting mine (or anyone's) snowfoam. I was disagreeing with the connection between snowfoam & tfr. Speaking purely about my own I can guarantee you they are very different products, designed to do different jobs.
And you are right in relation in cheaper products you need to use more, but I again think I bucked that trend a bit with mine, with my attitude in my intention to sell premium products without the associated premium price tag.

eamon343

RMS Regular
I wash mine when the windows get too dirty to see out of. A bottle of cheap shampoo would last me a year. I'm a happier person for it ☺

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
I've never used bsd mate, but all i'd say to people is for £5 for a litre which will make you minimum of 10lts, its not the cost of the earth, and definitely worth a try.

big pete & adam certainly rate it, and use it on all cars which come in for a safe wash, so thats good enough for me!
Here see this UltraGloss stuff you speak of, take it you use a normal spray bottle and dilute 1:1?

Last edited:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

My snow foam at work on wife's motor. It was so impressive that a couple of wee kids came along to wash their bikes with the left over foam!

AC

RMS Regular
First time using a range of @Big Pimp 's products.

image.jpeg

I decided to mix the snow foam with the TFR Articulate, 2:1 in the lance and filled the rest with water. Might have been a bit much to be fair.

image.jpeg

I foamed without rinsing first, let it dwell for 10 minutes then rinsed with the power hose. Although it didn't remove all the dirt, it certainly removed 90% of it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Then passed over again with the articulate/foam mix and used a mit for the rest, finishing off with some Ultragloss. It gets a thumbs up from me!

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
I have had a foam lance for 6 years and it definitely works (just need to look at the trail of dirty foam on my drive after it dwells), I managed to break my power washer on Saturday afternoon and despite there only being a weeks dirt on the car it was hard awl graft without the foam.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
My car looks like Coogs bumper after I snow foam it.

Mine has never been polished/waxed though, so surely that has to play a part in this?

Most other folk in here polish theres every 5 minutes, so that's bound to assist in how the snow foam performs?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I don't wax too often but I've been using Sonax after every wash and it seems to really help the dirt come off. Strategy may change over winter and I might break the foam out though!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.