Jaguar XJ-R 575 in Italian Racing Red.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
That's great looking in the red, love it! Have never seen another one either so rare enough! Get some interior photos up ASAP!

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
That's great looking in the red, love it! Have never seen another one either so rare enough! Get some interior photos up ASAP!
Cheers bud, I'll get some pics taken later and post them up.

The one thing I do miss from my previous car was the HUD.

I thought it was a gimmick to start with, but I found it very handy in the end.

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Marc has finished the car - happy days!!!

Can't take it away just yet, still a few wee things to do, but managed to get a few photos before I pick her up tomorrow morning.

Ceramic wax is nearly fully cured.

Marc would prefer to have those extra hours to just make sure its 100% cured. He's also got to do a few minor touches, reg plates and fitting new lock nuts to the wheels.

To say I'm happy - is a major understatement!!! Over the moon - and can't wait to see it in the sun!

Photos in next post...

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
IMG_1052.JPG
IMG_1053.JPG
IMG_1054.JPG
IMG_1055.JPG
IMG_1056.JPG
IMG_1057.JPG

IMG_1058.JPG
IMG_1059.JPG
IMG_1060.JPG

IMG_1061.JPG
IMG_1062.JPG
IMG_1063.JPG
IMG_1064.JPG
IMG_1068.JPG
IMG_1069.JPG
IMG_1070.JPG
IMG_1071.JPG

Marc also had a 1998 XJ8 in a few weeks ago.

I asked if was possible that the owner brought it along so we could get the two together.

The colour on this isn't done any justice with the cloud cover - its beautiful.

So here we are - classic and new.

IMG_1065.JPG
IMG_1066.JPG
IMG_1067.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1056.JPG
    IMG_1056.JPG
    317.2 KB · Views: 32

riano

RMS Regular
Drives
C63s coupe
Wow that's absolutely stunning looking and I bet it sounds as good as it looks :heart_eyes: Health to drive!

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Wow that's absolutely stunning looking and I bet it sounds as good as it looks :heart_eyes: Health to drive!
Thank you. Marc has done a first class job, and many in the business rate him the best in all of Ireland, not just the north.

I'd be more than happy to recommend him to anyone looking to have their car, motorbike or whatever detailed.

I'm more than happy at the result - and yes, the sound - not listening to music in the car as much. Not when you've got that engine burbling, or when giving it the beans - snapping, popping and cracking in the background ;)

Think your C63S tops it when it comes to engine sounds though - very tasty fella!!

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Just in time to get it stinking tomorrow 😆
Be good to have a chat about what u got done. I've been thinking about getting the car done by Mark for a while.

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Just in time to get it stinking tomorrow 😆
Be good to have a chat about what u got done. I've been thinking about getting the car done by Mark for a while.
He's done two of my cars now.

He did the previous XF I had, and he did an absolutely first class job on it.

I say he's the best in Norn Irn because that comes from others including Alan Medcraf of AM Details up in Elgin, Moray north Scotland.

Alan is now the IDA president of all things - hard to believe, he's come a long way.

There was also Wax Stock and he's been recognised there as well, again not just by customers, but his peers in the same trade.

Well worth giving Marc a visit. Very helpful and will answer any questions you have.

If the weather stays dry tomorrow, you'll be able to see his work.

He's off to Scotland tomorrow to meet up with Alan, doing some course work for trainees (i think he said). Should be back on Thursday.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
He's done two of my cars now.

He did the previous XF I had, and he did an absolutely first class job on it.

I say he's the best in Norn Irn because that comes from others including Alan Medcraf of AM Details up in Elgin, Moray north Scotland.

Alan is now the IDA president of all things - hard to believe, he's come a long way.

There was also Wax Stock and he's been recognised there as well, again not just by customers, but his peers in the same trade.

Well worth giving Marc a visit. Very helpful and will answer any questions you have.

If the weather stays dry tomorrow, you'll be able to see his work.

He's off to Scotland tomorrow to meet up with Alan, doing some course work for trainees (i think he said). Should be back on Thursday.
I've known him for a while, played 5-a-side with him and have been on one of his training courses. Just trying to decide if I want the car done just, but he'll be doing it if I do !

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
Drives
C220
Do you have any web links to Mark? Wouldn't mind a look at his work.....

Stunning stunning Jag this btw.... In every way.

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Do you have any web links to Mark? Wouldn't mind a look at his work.....

Stunning stunning Jag this btw.... In every way.
You can find him more on Instagram or Facebook. He's loads of posts up on there.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
That's a fantastic looking big thing, I bet it has some serious road presence!

I think we need an exhaust sound video!

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
The colour is better in the flesh, looked great heading up the road this morning.
Thank you Jonny. I've tried capturing the metallic flake pop in the paint - but its not easy.

Your car is a wee belter by the way - driven one as a hire car - had a proper hoot with it ;)

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Cracking car this, seen it today at Dundalk Cars & Coffee. I work in JLR dealer and didn't even know these exsisted!

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Thats pretty awesome, love the look from the front though I don't think they got the rear styling quite as good but its still pretty mean looking in any case. Great colour. I'm sure that will be very nice to cruise around in. Enjoy

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
So had the car up on the ramp @RyFab 's looking over the exhaust and things to do yesterday.

While chatting about options we had a look at other things underneath. Diff, a common area with seals failing was all dry thankfully.

Then I noticed the inner faces of the front discs. Outer faces are perfectly fine, the inners however are only braking on a 1 to 1.5 inch band! :eek:

Had this on the supercharged v6 XFS. Seems Jaguar's own brakes (Pagid I think) are crap. The floating caliper design doesn't help mind.

So called into GSF parts just off Boucher. Have gone for Brembo pads and discs. Pads are ready Thursday, but discs might be a bit longer. If its anything like the XFS was, there'll be a big difference in braking. Just as well with 567 ponies (575ps) under the bonnet!

Also called into Blackline on Monday morning. Was cheekily enquiring about remapping the car, but was told by Blackline that they could only apply a Celtic tune which is made for the XJR 550, 543hp in reality and it would only bring it up to 565hp. Oh well, think I've plenty of poke at the moment.

gblack

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Polo 9n
Hey Rigger

Sorry I missed you on Monday morning. Celtic can tune these no problem, they just don’t list the 575 on the site. These should see around 25bhp and 30lb/ft gains with just software. We can also offer the pulley upgrades which can push these to around 650bhp with other supporting mods. I’ll be putting upper and lower pulleys on my XKR and Celtic will be looking after the software for it.

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Hey Rigger

Sorry I missed you on Monday morning. Celtic can tune these no problem, they just don’t list the 575 on the site. These should see around 25bhp and 30lb/ft gains with just software. We can also offer the pulley upgrades which can push these to around 650bhp with other supporting mods. I’ll be putting upper and lower pulleys on my XKR and Celtic will be looking after the software for it.
Thats cool. Not what I was told at the time or I simply misunderstood, but happy to be corrected. 25bHp won't make that much difference to mine, and nor would 30Nm on an ZF gearbox that is kicking out 700Nm already.

The pulley upgrades however are a different matter.

650 sounds kinda tasty 😈

Was your XKR the grey one that was sitting outside? We heard it start up - fricking awesome, but far too loud for my neighbourhood ;)

In other news - GSF didn't call me back today at all like they said they would. So my money has now gone on EBC slotted discs and Yellow Stuff pads.

I just hope the Yellow Stuff pads aren't too dusty. Might have to go for the Red Stuff pads if that's the case.