Jaguar XJ-R 575 in Italian Racing Red.

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Was a beautiful morning here, blue skies etc - so got the new discs and pads fitted.

Was fairly straight forward tbh, and no different from the XF (X250) brake disc and pads change out procedure, barring there are two pistons, not one.

What was a pig was refitted the spring plate back onto the caliper. Lost of swearing as - ping! - off it flew again (numerous times) while trying to refit.

Eventually I got it fitted. So left side took nearly 2 hours - just faffing and getting things sorted.

Right side only took an hour.

Took the car for a 20 mile run after making sure the car came to a stop within the driveway and then the street I live in.

Bedding in takes up to 150 miles, but the difference already is profound!!

No vibrations, no squealing, no droning noises while braking.

Chuffed!!

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Got this sent through from a rep at Viezu.

Its for the XKR - but he's seeing if they can get a set of back boxes fitted for the XJR.

Made it clear that it shouldn't be too loud at low RPM - I'm not keen on being the neighbour from hell.

Sounds good though!

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I was tempted to paint in the Jaguar lettering on the side vent in the same IRR colour (I got a pack from Chippex) and the lettering on the bonnet vents in gloss black - but I think I'll leave it original to be honest.

As for being a rare beast - yes apparently. You can see Dale Lomas doing his Ring Taxi in a 575, saying that there are only 80 worldwide (allegedly). Its also the last of the XJ from Jaguar. So hopefully this will be a keeper and go up in value in years to come.

I'm only just seeing this thread now. Beautiful cars outside and in.

I had a lap in Dale's 575 a few years ago. We were amazed at how it went for such a big car with four adults in it and had a proper laugh at him playing with an M3 here

Last edited:

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
I'm only just seeing this thread now. Beautiful cars outside and in.

I had a lap in Dale's 575 a few years ago. We were amazed at how it went for such a big car with four adults in it and had a proper laugh at him playing with an M3 here

That's class!!!🤣

Wouldn't mind going over to do this next year.

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Got this sent through from a rep at Viezu.

Its for the XKR - but he's seeing if they can get a set of back boxes fitted for the XJR.

Made it clear that it shouldn't be too loud at low RPM - I'm not keen on being the neighbour from hell.

Sounds good though!

Got the quote. £2800!!

Think the stock boxes sound alright as they are!

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Well thats bloody annoying.

Went to the Jag this morning, and its dead. Doors won't respond to the key fob.

Opened the car using the key, and tried to open the boot - nothing.

Bugger. The C-Tek clamp leads are attached to the battery, in the boot!

Off to Halfords to get a set of normal jump leads, and use the Audi as a starter later.

Won't be going to that Vintage Cannonball start at Titanic. Sod.

Thankfully I have a spare battery from the XF-S I traded in, so once I get the car powered I can start doing more tests and replace the battery if need be.

c_rad

RMS Regular
Well thats bloody annoying.

Went to the Jag this morning, and its dead. Doors won't respond to the key fob.

Opened the car using the key, and tried to open the boot - nothing.

Bugger. The C-Tek clamp leads are attached to the battery, in the boot!

Off to Halfords to get a set of normal jump leads, and use the Audi as a starter later.

Won't be going to that Vintage Cannonball start at Titanic. Sod.

Thankfully I have a spare battery from the XF-S I traded in, so once I get the car powered I can start doing more tests and replace the battery if need be.
Hopefully something simple caused the battery drain! I know the Xj's are a faff when it comes to batteries...

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Ended up calling AA - I have home start through my bank account.

After a bit of faffing, we got it started. Then I took it on a run for near 40 miles.

AA man reckons that battery was fine, and also did a quick current draw check. He said it was fine at 0.4A, though the car hadn't fully shut down. Still sounds high to me. Still it can take 15-20 mins to fully shut down.

Might invest in a clamp meter. First thing to check is where the dealer in Mansfield plugged the dashcam into.

Off out again for a run to Holywood, friend needs to see doctor.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Ended up calling AA - I have home start through my bank account.

After a bit of faffing, we got it started. Then I took it on a run for near 40 miles.

AA man reckons that battery was fine, and also did a quick current draw check. He said it was fine at 0.4A, though the car hadn't fully shut down. Still sounds high to me. Still it can take 15-20 mins to fully shut down.

Might invest in a clamp meter. First thing to check is where the dealer in Mansfield plugged the dashcam into.

Off out again for a run to Holywood, friend needs to see doctor.
0.4A sounds far too high. Take the reading after 20 minutes to verify that it is shutting down properly

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Oh the joys. You may start pulling fuses..
Had one in the f31 which was a nightmare to find.
Battery in the boot? Flick the latch so the car thinks it's shut, otherwise it won't go to sleep for ages

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
It varies between manufacturers but as a general rule of thumb 50 milliamps and below (0.05A) is what I would be aiming for with the car ‘asleep’. Make sure when carrying out the test all windows are up, all locks latched (if you leave a door open), car is locked and your key (assuming keyless) is not in range of the car.
Do you have an aftermarket tracker wired in? Anything in the OBD port? A diagnostic scan would be a good start before pulling fuses as it can often show up anything suspicious that can point you in the right direction like a faulty door control module for example.

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Don't have anything plugged into OBD port and have considered getting an Autel or the likes.

Good shout on the latches.

Good mate has offered me his clamp meter. May save me forking out for a Fluke one.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Don't have anything plugged into OBD port and have considered getting an Autel or the likes.

Good mate has offered me his clamp meter. May save me forking out for a Fluke one.

I have a clamp meter and an Autel if you need :grinning:

c_rad

RMS Regular

I have an Autel computer suited for Jag and Land Rover mate

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Put the car on the C-Tek charger overnight to give the battery a full charge.

@Statler came by yesterday and a clamp meter and Autel 200 and we got it set up.

Clamp meter was AC only, so we didn't bother with that.

The Autel brought a up a few codes to do with the infotainment system.

Cleared these, and went through the procedure again - nothing came up. 100% fine.

Shut car down. Checked voltage on battery this morning - 12.67Vdc so hopefully it was just an errant module not shutting down properly.

That said - I'll be checking the dashcam wiring when I have a chance and make sure it's in the ignition or cigarette lighter circuit.

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Just ticked over 40K yesterday.

Hopefully won't be putting to much miles on now that I've the Audi for daily driving.

20220615_155725.jpg

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Car booked in for dealership service - which I've already paid for courtesy of taking out a service plan with the previous XF-S.

So that happens on the 9th Feb due to my being away offshore again.

Also had to get an MOT booked, thankfully that's all squared away - I've managed to get one for next week - 28th.

Good news is that Charles Hurst Jaguar over here in Belfast have offered to check headlight alignment and brake pipes etc before going to the MOT centre.

Happy days.

What I wasn't so happy with was them saying that I needed the spark plugs changing - fair enough - but at £170!!!! Think I'll source my own.

Can anyone confirm which plugs should be used? I'm getting NGK at the moment for GSF car parts.