Lease deals thread

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Tempted to go for my 1st lease, to tide me over, these tick a lot of boxes

@pablo - is it the 290 model you have? @E4mon how do you find the estate version?

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Had a 290 black edition for 2 years on lease, great car, quick, Good boot. Only downside was wheel hop when breaking traction but I believe that’s been sorted in the latest version. That’s a good price!would you need 3 baby/booster seats along the back? If so you might struggle with that in a Leon.

pablo

RMS Moderator
yeah 290 I have - didnt think they got the 300s back again (they had to pull them and revert to 290)

there is a new model due with a cracking dash etc might be worth waiting for.

FWIW mine was 3 + 23 (£250ish) for 8k pa

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
yeah 290 I have - didnt think they got the 300s back again (they had to pull them and revert to 290)

there is a new model due with a cracking dash etc might be worth waiting for.

FWIW mine was 3 + 23 (£250ish) for 8k pa

I think the estate one in Select is the one with the virtual dash etc, I'm only guessing what my mileage would be at 10k, so if going over the miles, bar the 'fine per mile' how would it effect the maintenance side of things IE more miles = more servicing & tyres.
Had a 290 black edition for 2 years on lease, great car, quick, Good boot. Only downside was wheel hop when breaking traction but I believe that’s been sorted in the latest version. That’s a good price!would you need 3 baby/booster seats along the back? If so you might struggle with that in a Leon.

Nice one Barry, think the estate one linked ia 4wd, maybe that's a different one?

I'm trying my best not to buy anything as there really is no need for a car at the minute but after 3 days with nothing I'm chomping at the bit

pablo

RMS Moderator
oh 4wd - nice!

mine has a virtual dash but its not as good as the "latest" one. Latest one has an R8 like steering wheel etc too. jealous

Jamie-g

RMS Regular
@Lappintyre i’ve had mine nearly 2 years and love it. The hatchback is 290 and 2wd the estate is 300 and 4wd. I paid less than that through seat Manchester though and 7p extra per mile so worth a try. Waiting back from vwfs to either get one of the first new shape cupras or latest golf R

E4mon

RMS Regular
Tempted to go for my 1st lease, to tide me over, these tick a lot of boxes

@pablo - is it the 290 model you have? @E4mon how do you find the estate version?

Mine is the 290 version as well but it's manual rather than DSG. I find there's plenty of room in the estate for me but I don't particularly need a lot of space, I just prefer the look of the estate to the hatchback. Mine is lowered slightly on the 19" wheels which helps the look of it too. I have it a year now and have loved it. I'm going to put it back up for sale soon though as I barely ever drive it anymore.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Golf and Touareg first four months 'free'. Good to see some decent deals starting again.

Screenshot_20200522_115936_com.microsoft.office.outlook.jpg

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Just had the inspection for the Superb prior to it going back, kerbed alloy wheel £36. Quite the result, but I'm going to miss it.
IMG_20200526_114545.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200526_114733.jpg
    IMG_20200526_114733.jpg
    490.9 KB · Views: 43

davyk31

RMS Regular
Totally depends on the assessor you have. The guy I had for my Gti was determined to find something I think because the car was so mint. It was a mega sunny day and he found a tiny scratch on the rear bumper that I genuinely didn’t ever notice and I’m mega OCD about condition. It was so small it didn’t exceed their fair wear and tear guidance but he was determined to note it to “keep himself right” apparently. I suggested that by keeping himself right he was in fact wrong and refused to sign the sheet. Got a £50 bill from VWFS to which i complained. They took about 2 months to reply but eventually the reply came that it was wrong and should not have been charged.
I forgot to mention when typing this that the inspector was not collecting the car and another guy from Wilson’s auctions came that same day to take it away. He did his assessment and said other people than a brand new car he hasn’t seen better. I told him the other guy found a blemish and pointed to the general area but neither he or I could find any mark as the bright sun had gone. It was still very bright with the car out in the open but still no marks could be seen. He gave me a copy of his assessment showing the car perfect which was useful to help counter VW given this time was later than the first assessment.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
When we're handed back our ST focus, it had a scraped alloy and the rear boot carpet potentially had an odor that *might* have smelt like used mx5 gearbox oil. Car was cleared out, but not cleaned inside.

My wife did the handover. Accessor couldn't have been less interested. Noted everything and said there may be a bill for a few things. Wilson's guy came and that was the last we heard of it....🤔😂

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
He must have been having a **** day.

When I VT'd my S3 saloon the guy spent 30 minutes going over it, he even said did I want to tell him were the marks where to save time.

I told him there were none, he said "really" we will see.

He had to come back and say, I was right. He said it was one of the best conditions he had ever collected.

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
Our Focus ST went back with some light kerbing to one alloy and the underside of the frknt bumper scraped. Both were noted but heard nothing more after the collection.

Our A4 had a sizeable stone chip and matching dent on the bonnet which again was noted but heard nothing.

Both cars were from local dealers and collected by Woodsides from memory.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Today's assessor was an absolute gent, bit of a chat with him, couldn't have been more pleasant. Just to wait for Wilsons to open which apparently will be Monday, so there'll be quite the backlog. I'm happy to take it up to them, get it out of my road.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Has anyone went over their miles on a lease, like way over & if so, bar the excess, was there any other issues?