Lotus Princess II

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Nick would you mind a passenger on your next track adventure? Would love a run out with someone that's plenty of track experience before I take my own car to the track lol

No problem, some time in March with any luck.

You have to get a few laps with @evo98 as well. He is a complete lunatic, crazy as a coconut, but by Jove can he steer that beast of a BMW :grinning:

And then Paul in his Westfield to round it all off, one of the fastest car/driver combos there (y)

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Really looking forward to seeing this completed Nick, some money going into it!

Let me know if you still have the Civic and if you are breaking it, I would be interested in a few bits and pieces :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Popped over to drop off the Lotus service manual, which will no doubt join the nice, thick, printed and laminated conversion kit manual still lying pristine and untouched in Jonny's storage room :p

Three merry men enjoying themselves. Lots of swearing means they are really happy :grinning:
P1040268.JPG

The front already sorted - new blower fan, heater matrix and bodged up matrix cover, new heater cables and controls, new radiator fan, new grill, driving lights, and new tow thingy. Phew. And that was just warming up a bit. New windscreen going in tomorrow, courtesy of @MiniMad. What could possibly go wrong :grinning:
P1040271.JPG

P1040276.JPG

P1040278.JPG

Shrapnel from the engine... Whoops... And not even lifted the lid yet, this is stuff that made it to the OUTSIDE of the engine, lol! :eek: :oops: It will be pure carnage in there :sob:
P1040279.JPG

Bits of melted piston, shattered liner, piston ring, and the somewhat battered remains of a valve... Ouch!
P1040283.JPG

At least it died happy, doing what it was meant to do - going flat out on a race track 8-|

Last edited:

FDub

RMS Member
Drives
F360
I do NOT need to subscribe to another motoring forum but it's worth it to follow this build.

Great to see it's finally under way. Look forward to seeing it all come together.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
That is some job, must be a strange feeling seeing your pride and joy in so many pieces...

Have some more pictures here of it in even more pieces than that now, lol :grinning: Will be another few days before I can get them up. These cars are more like a giant meccano set, not all that bad as it might look. Though Jonny might beg to differ, lol :innocent:

The new windscreen is in as well, the rear clam is gone, and most of the interior has been ripped out. New timing chain, tensioner, and guides on the way for the Honda. Might as well, with it all out anyway and with the use it will be getting.

Just a matter of getting the Rover out, and then Honda in then - what could possibly go wrong! :p

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I do NOT need to subscribe to another motoring forum but it's worth it to follow this build.

Great to see it's finally under way. Look forward to seeing it all come together.

Welcome, and enjoy :grinning:

With any luck (or possibly quite a lot of it :innocent: ) it will all be done in time to get out and play with the 360 at the next OTD :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Still not convinced this new unit is any better on the headgasket front, but Jonny assures me it is fine :p

RB would be a lot more expensive than petrol though :eek:

FDub

RMS Member
Drives
F360
Welcome, and enjoy :grinning:

With any luck (or possibly quite a lot of it :innocent: ) it will all be done in time to get out and play with the 360 at the next OTD :grinning:

I'm hoping to make it out on the 7th March - you reckon you'll be done by then? If so you're either further ahead than the photographs portray or you're an eternal optimist?

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
I'm hoping to make it out on the 7th March - you reckon you'll be done by then? If so you're either further ahead than the photographs portray or you're an eternal optimist?
Eternal optimist as it's not farther along than this. And the engine still has to come out the civic and the engine and box both need stripped before I can even begin to fit them Into lotus.