MOT: Vehicle test centre closes over fault in car lifts

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
My test is on Friday evening & I have no letter or call as yet. Website updated with 4 month exemption though,

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
My test is on Friday evening & I have no letter or call as yet. Website updated with 4 month exemption though,

Similar to mine. Casually checked the DVA website & it showed the change. As I posted earlier, my letter arrived 45 mins before my MOT on Saturday morning ^o)

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
Similar to mine. Casually checked the DVA website & it showed the change. As I posted earlier, my letter arrived 45 mins before my MOT on Saturday morning ^o)

Rang the DVA & they confirmed the test is cancelled & exemption in the post so happy enough.

Reactions: dub

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
my MOT is due end of March. I had it booked and have now received my TEC and advised that existing booking is cancelled. Is it up to me to book another appointment some time before the TEC expires? If yes, what is to stop people booking another appointment for early April rather than wait the 6 months?

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon

LOL!

christtheknight.jpg

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
My mums raging about this she want to change her car, and as she said who's going to give a fair price on 9 year old Focus that doesn't have a years MOT and just has an extension.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
So are those who do make the appointment, then getting cancelled....getting the appropriate refund ?

Or is telling people to make the appointment and then not getting a refund another money making scam ? lol

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
No refund here yet though my test date, nor mot is expired date passed. But received the tec at the weekend.

My dad's the same to, though he didn't receive his tec from his test cancelation middle of last month and phoned to enquire about his tec and got told "it can take up to 10 days from your test date" its currently passed 10 days which replied with a nasty "we'll you'll just have to wait!"

So I'm guessing we may see a refund eventually, possibly 😂 (I do understand alot of cars canceled, manually done etc etc)

amcm1

RMS Regular
I have a 2nd car which mot was due last August. I kept changing the date back another month because i cant get around to getting it sorted and wanted to keep my test fee. My next appointment was for 9th march however i have received a letter to say its extended to 23rd June so technically ive received a 3 month mot for free even though it expired mid last year. Does this mean its legal to drive now? :joy:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
my MOT is due end of March. I had it booked and have now received my TEC and advised that existing booking is cancelled. Is it up to me to book another appointment some time before the TEC expires? If yes, what is to stop people booking another appointment for early April rather than wait the 6 months?
Yes.

nothing I presume if the wedsite allows your but it my end up being cancel and no refund given I’d say

scub

Banned
mine was booked for tomorrow & got a letter of exemption till the end of June on Saturday.
they're refunding the fee so presumably you just rebook closer to that time.
bingo 👍

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
I'd be looking to book a test in the coming weeks but, if I've got no refund or sign of a rebooking for free, what do we do?

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
I got full refund last week. My test was due on Saturday there but was canceled. Got the phone call saying not to show (had previously got the tec and letter) and refund in due course. Refund was in my bank at the Weekend there

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Mx5 test was March 9th, 207 is not until April 16th - Neither have been refunded as yet.