MOT: Vehicle test centre closes over fault in car lifts

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I booked MoT for Sat past, and got exemption through today on a car that was last MoT'd 3 years ago. Refund came through today as well.

I also had an MoT on a daily driver way back in Feb that was cancelled by them due to lift issue, not Covid. No sign of a refund. Emailed on Monday asking about it. Landed in to my bank today too.
Must email them, never got my refund from February

Dave..

RMS Regular
I booked MoT for Sat past, and got exemption through today on a car that was last MoT'd 3 years ago. Refund came through today as well.

I also had an MoT on a daily driver way back in Feb that was cancelled by them due to lift issue, not Covid. No sign of a refund. Emailed on Monday asking about it. Landed in to my bank today too.
What email address did you use?

Dave..

RMS Regular
@David.S dva.customerservices@infrastructure-ni.gov.uk
I just told them booking ref and that it hadn’t been refunded.

This is the reply I received so hopefully in 10 working days we will be refunded.

Thank you for your email, which has been passed to our Refunds Team. Please note that currently we are experiencing high numbers of requests for information, and we will deal with yours as soon as we can. Please allow at least 10 working days for receipt of your payment.
Regards
DVA Customer Services

Jaystar77

RMS Regular
East County Down, Loaded up and Truckin'...
Drives
Starlet GT Turbo
Ile maybe try one more time Trevor and let it run past the date this time 👍

Mine was booked for the 20th as well and I've just let it slide past. No emails, no refunds, no communication from them.

Hasn't updated the MOT status online yet (it says allow 5 days) but I'd imagine they are on the back foot with processing them all. Makes no odds as nothing is moving very far but I'll keep an eye on it in case an exemption is issued.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
Mine was booked for the 20th as well and I've just let it slide past. No emails, no refunds, no communication from them.

Hasn't updated the MOT status online yet (it says allow 5 days) but I'd imagine they are on the back foot with processing them all. Makes no odds as nothing is moving very far but I'll keep an eye on it in case an exemption is issued.
I’ve rebooked there for 11th May and i am going to let it run it’s course this time lol will let you know the outcome

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Refund landed in my account a couple of days ago after approximately 3 months, what's the wise thing to do now? Try to book another? What are we all doing?

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Refund landed in my account a couple of days ago after approximately 3 months, what's the wise thing to do now? Try to book another? What are we all doing?

I booked my Scooby in for it's MoT as normal today. Not due until 22nd July but booked for 6th July and I'll see what happens. If they are open again by then at least I have an appointment confirmed so won't be struggling to get one if not I should get an extension... Or hopefully anyway. That's my thinking on it.

Reactions: dub

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Is the refund not part and parcel of it, and you should be getting the giveaway MOT ?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Why are you booking another? You got refunded because they couldn’t MOT your car, with that refund they will have given you and 4 month extension/exception if it was during the lift crisis or 6 months of since fully closed fire to covid-19.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I've had no mention of a giveaway MOT, unless I've missed something in previous pages?

Surely posts indicate they're basically giving away MOT's to anyone who applies for an MOT ? Some people have MOT'd cars that haven't been MOT'd for months or years ?

Reactions: dub

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Surely posts indicate they're basically giving away MOT's to anyone who applies for an MOT ? Some people have MOT'd cars that haven't been MOT'd for months or years ?

I've been out of the loop in this thread for a while now. I just thought it'd be better to 'book' something for June time in case it's back up & running then, thus saving me having to find a spot closer the time. If the lifts aren't fixed/COVID-19 closures still going/exemptions certs are increased, then I'll get another refund?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I've been out of the loop in this thread for a while now. I just thought it'd be better to 'book' something for June time in case it's back up & running then, thus saving me having to find a spot closer the time. If the lifts aren't fixed/COVID-19 closures still going/exemptions certs are increased, then I'll get another refund?
Probably not when you’ve already went through it, might have cancel it and ask for a refund.

The centres won’t be open in June and the lifts certainly will not be fixed with the way things are.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Wonder if they'd take bad money for one 🤔
20200501_114531.jpg

K55

RMS Regular
Probably, what are they planning on doing with them?

Are they fit to be refurbished and re-used?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Not sure what they're doing with them but they're lying around the back of the test centre, think maybe since yesterday

Looks like they're ready for the skip the way the control boxes and lifts are left out