MOT: Vehicle test centre closes over fault in car lifts

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
For a car that has been SORN'd for the last two years and the owner now wants to sell it, if they were to apply for MOT, will they just get a 6 month extension or will it get MOT'd since it hasnt had one in 2 years?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
If it's been on continuous SORN etc and yours...you should be able to take the plate off anyway.

I took one off a car of mine that hadnt really been used for about 5 years a while back and put it on retention.
I was told by speedy reg that car couldn’t be out of mot for more than 3 years. Tho that was before the retention thing came here

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Not yet. I'm assuming it'll just get refunded closer to the time but a lot of other people seem to be getting it right away.
I think you may have to wait for your date to come and go, then they have kept to their side of the deal, they can't test you so exemption kicks in.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
I think you may have to wait for your date to come and go, then they have kept to their side of the deal, they can't test you so exemption kicks in.
Ah fair enough. Tbh I only did it to have a car as a back up incase something happens the daily and i can't get parts.

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
Is anyone any clearer on this whole topic? Do you have to book a test to get an temp certificate sent out or is it issued automatically?
The website is offering dates at the beginning of may even though it clearly states that all testing has been suspended until 22nd June????

RevT

RMS Regular
As mentioned many times before, you have to book a test before you get an exemption/extension. It’s hit and miss how long it takes for you to get it and hit and miss on whether or not you get a refund.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Absolute f*#_king joke
From what I can see I have done all that they ask
Booked a date while car was still mot’d for 10 days
Now mot ran out 17th April an I get this through the door
D9B3115B-028A-41D0-BE92-055714A0819A.jpeg

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
As mentioned many times before, you have to book a test before you get an exemption/extension. It’s hit and miss how long it takes for you to get it and hit and miss on whether or not you get a refund.

Cheers @Trevor went ahead and booked it there so I guess we’ll see how it goes(y)

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
you booked a date with only 10 days left ? What sort of miracle were you expecting to happen ?
Well it’s now 20 days and still no better off and still sitting with no mot
But yet I booked my Range Rover at the same time with an mot that was due to run out in may, it was updated the next day to September.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
My glanza mot was due 2016 and i
Had it booked for May 20th , I just cancelled it couple of days ago and have been refunded already but no sign of other two which got exemptions lol apart from @Trevor. i don’t anyone who has had an exemption for stuff out over 6 Months

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
I got speaking to a girl I know in the MOT Centre yesterday, at the moment they are manually adding on the exemptions but shortly it will be an automatic process and should standardise how quickly it happens.

I had around 25 trucks i needed her to do exemptions for and as good as her word, they were all showing online by the next morning. I have another rake for May to go through now! :worried:

RevT

RMS Regular
My glanza mot was due 2016 and i
Had it booked for May 20th , I just cancelled it couple of days ago and have been refunded already but no sign of other two which got exemptions lol apart from @Trevor. i don’t anyone who has had an exemption for stuff out over 6 Months

There is at least another 2-3 people who have got it across the various MOT relates threads on here in the past week. Why did you cancel it?

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
I booked MoT for Sat past, and got exemption through today on a car that was last MoT'd 3 years ago. Refund came through today as well.

I also had an MoT on a daily driver way back in Feb that was cancelled by them due to lift issue, not Covid. No sign of a refund. Emailed on Monday asking about it. Landed in to my bank today too.