My new little runabout

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Health to enjoy it.
Wouldnt fancy putting the petrol into it though, ideally would prefer a diesel one.......with a sport kit :p

I R HillBilly

RMS Regular
Drives
Datsun
lyons (y)

These are in the post for you.

cd3010.jpg

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Nice choice - Ive been waiting on this! Just a pity cant see it in the flesh! Its very 'you'! One thing is a pity however - you've skipped out so many 'fun' cars that you will never go back to - but hey heres hopeing for a mid life crisis in a year or two! :p You better still have it next summer...

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
love these cars, but unlike yourself, i think ill wait about 20 years to buy one, im riff raff for the forseeable future :p health to drive!

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
I'm for Jordanstown this evening mate...have to get a run out in this - just to see what all the hype is :laughing:

Race ya :p

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
might see you or hear you on the road andy :p

nice choice lyons - as said, its so you lol but i would definately try source a m kit

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
E39 5-series' look great, love the headlights. Walnut has no place in a car though, you should get those inlays replaced ASAP!

I have to admit, I'm surprised at a 22 year old buying a 525i SE.......you're growing old before your time young man......:p (y)

Great cars though, my Mum's old car was an E39 M Sport with 18" parallels.......such a great mile muncher......(y)

ally_mac

RMS Regular
Drives
05 Evo IX GT
Lyons said:
Thanks one and all.

I actually like the chrome strip around the windows etc, like all things it look smuch better in the flesh.

Dont worry Brendy, there'll not be an M badge in sight ;).

And there'll be no lowering either! Do you people not listen!?

Health to drive mate, they are a comfy big bus

Watch the chrome strip, its has a habbit of fading after a while and can look messy, so try to polish it every so often

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Thanks all, once more. I appreciate all the kind comments!

Andy; it stays at home during the week, and unless im mistaken you still havent called to show me the Evo.

Ally_mac: what would you suggest using to polish the chrome? Would brasso or the like do the trick?

Pablo, driving through Banbridge yesterday and i spotted Joe Weirs auto had a set of 2nd hand 18" M Parallel wheels for sale, :p!! Forgot to phone for the price today though.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
suckindiesel said:
Nice choice - Ive been waiting on this! Just a pity cant see it in the flesh! Its very 'you'! One thing is a pity however - you've skipped out so many 'fun' cars that you will never go back to - but hey heres hopeing for a mid life crisis in a year or two! :p You better still have it next summer...

Crawford thats balls. Just because i havent gone for small sporty hatches doesnt mean ive missed out on fun cars! Whats fun to me is different to others, and i must say im having fun in the 525!

An E39 M5 will be had one day too, so just calm yourself ;).

big cyril

RMS Regular
Excellent.

(y)

A little warm water and dental floss applied to the boot lid and it will be perfect.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lol, ive been thinking about those!! Wasnt sure how to tackle it, but at the same time i didnt want some 17 year olds seeing me driving it and assuming it was a mere 520 :p.

Are they only stuck on then?

big cyril

RMS Regular
Well the ones on my one series were - easy enough to get off,softened it with warm water, then dental floss and a credit card, worst bit was the sticky stuff which holds the numbers on, this was removed with bug and tar remover.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
That will keep me out of trouble on Saturday for a while anyway!

Ill have to try and source some M% ones to stick on.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
nice motor lyons ! always like these motors.

and i always liked seamy's effort ........
i216.jpg

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Lovely, really want one of these some day. Is there a nice note off the engine??

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
HAHA, finally u got the granda bus... Was expectin the Audi to turn up but better choice (y)

Not too fussed on oul cream leather in virtually any car but she's pimp besides (y)

Was lookin at 530d and 520d's a while ago as a possible change but still goin big £££, only drove 1 530d over a weekend n loved the car, as u say, just like bein in ur livin room!!!!

MrDave

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E39
I get to drive my da's 525i and i want one, tho i get funny looks from the police when im wearing a cap and an adidas hoody. Wonder why? How do you have this insured ? and I agree a big comfortable bus that can leave most hatches is nice, specially when its so easy to drive .

The badges are easy enough taken off, used a hairdryer and string and it didnt take too long at all.

Get a set of alloys with 5 or so spokes as cleaning those 16s is a pain and you will need to do them a lot as the brakes give off a lot of dust ...

ally_mac

RMS Regular
Drives
05 Evo IX GT
Lyons said:
Ally_mac: what would you suggest using to polish the chrome? Would brasso or the like do the trick?

I used Autosol on it and BMW themselves recommend it, only thing is you need to start looking after it now, cause once it starts to fade, its near impossible to get the shine back in it

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.